Adding a -5 Line

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I've got my Neo 29 Candy Cab and wanted to play my new ESP Ra.De. PCB on it. I'm assuming it's the lack of a -5 wire that is preventing the sound from working.

What exactly is involved in adding this wire and where on the power supply (what color wire) would it be?

I don't have Crimping tools, is there a way to sort of ghetto rig this?

Last edited:

Gaelsano

Armored Scrum Object
Lashujin said:
I don't have Crimping tools, is there a way to sort of ghetto rig this?
1. Radioshack, even Home dEpot carrycrimpers, even if they're not molex you can fidget to make them work
2. It's pretty easy to solder

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Gaelsano said:
1. Radioshack, even Home dEpot carrycrimpers, even if they're not molex you can fidget to make them work
2. It's pretty easy to solder

True, I'm not really worried about that, I'm not really sure where to get the crimp Jamma pins to be honest. I can't find them on happs website (they are likely there though) I'd buy em in an instant.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
I've got my Neo 29 Candy Cab and wanted to play my new ESP Ra.De. PCB on it. I'm assuming it's the lack of a -5 wire that is preventing the sound from working.

Wrong assumption, esprade just doesn't need -5v.

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
He is right, my ESP rade worked with sound even when I disconnected the -5v pin.

Your PCB is either faulty or your audio wiring is wrong. If your using an MVS cab, that is your problem right there.

Pins L+10 are left and right audio on MVS, but they are Pos and Neg on Jamma for ESP rade. You would need to wire up the speakers via a switch or something.