Good Mobo for home use? - MVS Noob

GnarlyDan

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Hey,
I just got myself a MV-1F Board. Is this a good Board for home use either Consolized or Wired upto a Supergun (Whatever i decide to do with it)? Is it good in terms of features/reliability/compatibility with games? Can the Bios be updated with a UniBios?
Would it be a good idea to use this board as my "Main" MVS unit or should i look for another Model/Revision?
Also, can i plug the "Standard" Neo AES/Home Joysticks/Pads etc straight into the boards Joyports or do i need to mess with them? Would a Hori fighting stick connect straight to the onboard ports also?
Thanks

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes, is quite a good board, all games should play in it, although you might have trouble with some of the most recent ones. Installing a unibios is really easy as the bios is socketed. You can use any Neo Geo controller in the on-board ports with no problem. Actually this feature makes this board quite good for consolizing. It also has stereo sound available in the board.

GnarlyDan

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Amano Jacu said:
Yes, is quite a good board, all games should play in it, although you might have trouble with some of the most recent ones. Installing a unibios is really easy as the bios is socketed. You can use any Neo Geo controller in the on-board ports with no problem. Actually this feature makes this board quite good for consolizing. It also has stereo sound available in the board.
I noticed the board has a Headphone Volume control but i cant find the socket. Does it have one onboard or do i need the MV-1 Memory Expansion Board(I didnt think this board supported Memory Expansion)?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Be sure to check www.hardmvs.com if you haven't.

If I remember well that board has a sound connector for stereo on the left, look for it, you can hook a CDROM-audio cable to it to get the sound.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
When I consolized my 1F I pulled the sound from the headphone connector. It's on the left side of the board near the plastic housing around the cart slot.

It's a nice board because it has controller ports. The only game I ever had any trouble with was ROTD, and that was fixed with the reported soldering fixes