Garou: MotW PS2 Impressions

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Just did a writeup on the PS2 port of MOTW for those interested, you can read it here:

Link -->

Did it pretty quickly, as there's no need to review the game properly as we all know how it plays already. Hopefully it answers any question you might have on the port, and whether it's worth buying or not, especially if you can't use the online portion :)

Kaz

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
you cant.
Japanese games require u to be in Japan to connect to japanese game servers.
like CVS on DC

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Yep unfortunately that's true - if anyone here is in Japan and has had the opportunity to try it online though, I'm interested in hearing what the online experience is like so I can add the info to the review :)

Kaz

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
My God, that cover art is a entirely new low of gayness.

Glad to see this get a port to PS2.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
My God, that cover art is a entirely new low of gayness.

Glad to see this get a port to PS2.

I like the cover, cool to see Geese's shadow.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Did anyone order the special edition? I'm very tempted by it...but they are going FAST :(

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
Did anyone order the special edition? I'm very tempted by it...but they are going FAST :(

I ordered it. It should be here on friday :multi_co:.
Looks like SNKP did a nice job on the port.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
lordkaosu said:
I just hope this title gets a US X-Box release, this would be great over Live.

You let me know how that goes....when its released in 2007

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
hah yeah exactly.
itll take SNKP so long to release Garou on xbox its not funny.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Looks like my Garou:MOTW boxset came early :smirk:

I cant play it yet though....But I can say that the joystick is different then the black NG2 stick. The Ball is bigger. The stick is more loose then the black version. And the buttons feel a little different as well.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Does anyone know if the game only utilizes the 4 main buttons, or does it use more like KOF's for the PS2?

T

tenhafuujinzan

No you cant change the language and yes there are more then just 4 buttons. L1 is taunt L2 ?? R1 Break (AB) R2 Top (CD)

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that I can shortcut AC on either L or R buttons.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
For me, the coolest part (and it's a great review) is hearing that World Heroes and Ninja Masters' are included in the opening intro movie... Bring them back, SNKP!

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Could you please tell us if the graphics settings Type A uses true low-res display? Sounds as if it does (since you say that filters only benefit Types B and C), what would be extremely surprising to me; the only other SNK game for the PS2 which did was KOF2000...

Thanks.

zapatistab

tenhafuujinzan said:
No you cant change the language and yes there are more then just 4 buttons. L1 is taunt L2 ?? R1 Break (AB) R2 Top (CD)

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that I can shortcut AC on either L or R buttons.

Thanks for the button info. :crying: <---Wanted to use my Neo Hori stick.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
zapatistab said:
Thanks for the button info. :crying: <---Wanted to use my Neo Hori stick.

You dont have to use the shoulder buttons. Just use the four face buttons to taunt, t.o.p. and break.

zapatistab

Mr.Nemoperson said:
You dont have to use the shoulder buttons. Just use the four face buttons to taunt, t.o.p. and break.

Thanks. :D I will find out soon. My pre-order shipped. Thanks man. :buttrock:

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
Kazuya_UK said:
Just did a writeup on the PS2 port of MOTW for those interested, you can read it here:

Link -->

Did it pretty quickly, as there's no need to review the game properly as we all know how it plays already. Hopefully it answers any question you might have on the port, and whether it's worth buying or not, especially if you can't use the online portion :)

Kaz

Thanks for the review mate. I'll have my LTD ED. on Friday.

Looking forward to it.If it's good enough, I may sell my home Cart.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Recap said:
Could you please tell us if the graphics settings Type A uses true low-res display? Sounds as if it does (since you say that filters only benefit Types B and C), what would be extremely surprising to me; the only other SNK game for the PS2 which did was KOF2000...

Thanks.

Nope, it's a hi-res interlaced display. The reason I say the filter benefits type b/c more is because in those modes the sprites are stretched out which makes them look pretty fugly unfortunately. In type a they aren't stretched, but you do end up with small black bars on the left and right of the screen, which is the same as SVC in non-stretched mode. I use Type a personally, and with the filter turned on... but whichever way I would still say that it looks better on a proper Neo setup. I think the problems with stretched sprites etc are to do with the different resolution that the PS2 runs at. And yeah, I don't know why more games use the low res setting of the PS2 like KOF 2000 did, as that looked pretty decent imho.

SouthtownKid: thanks man... World Heroes is confirmed to be coming to the PS2 by the way, although I'm not sure about Ninja Masters yet, but it would be very cool if it did though. I'd still like to see new games in both those series though, or to at least see some NM characters make it into a dream match game, like the WH characters in NGBC :D

Thanks for the comments everyone! :buttrock:

Kaz