tx_samutenka_ss03.gif

tx_samutenka_nineh.gif
tx_samutenka_cham.gif

Celes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
looks kind of like mai, but not good enough to be like mai :D

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
I think the Iroha sprite looks really good. I can hardly wait for some vids of this :)

Sir_HéCToR

New Challenger
:)

Cham Cham and Sieger have returned to action...that's good. I hope to see Gen an and Eatrthquake too.

Last edited:

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Can't wait to see this game running. It's getting more interesting with the new characters and the one coming back :buttrock:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
While it's great to see old characters coming back, Earthquake's sprite seems to look like shit in this scan... He should be a lot bigger too, around Gedo's height I think... But of course, if they just took his SS2 sprite (doesn't look like his SvC one), he's going to look smaller than he should.
Sieger's sprite also seems to be his SS2 one, even if updated... So I feel like he should be taller too. I can't really tell yet, but this sounds kind of bad for now... For instance, Tam Tam's redrawn sprite in SS4 looked awesome, and that was a great come back... but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it'll be as good this time.

Maybe they should have brought fewer characters back, but redraw each of them with a great looking sprite and all... Cause this kind of looks like a recycle fest the way I see it... Even though we can't be too sure from such low quality scans.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
iroha gets the very important fran's seal of approval

this is not coming out on mvs,right?

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Fran said:
iroha gets the very important fran's seal of approval

this is not coming out on mvs,right?

Yea, cool design. I like the butcher knife type blades.

Probably an Atomiswave release right? Which means I doubt I'll play it until it's ported. Unless I get another cab, or mod my crappy supernova.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
While it's great to see old characters coming back, Earthquake's sprite seems to look like shit in this scan... He should be a lot bigger too, around Gedo's height I think... But of course, if they just took his SS2 sprite (doesn't look like his SvC one), he's going to look smaller than he should.
Sieger's sprite also seems to be his SS2 one, even if updated... So I feel like he should be taller too. I can't really tell yet, but this sounds kind of bad for now... For instance, Tam Tam's redrawn sprite in SS4 looked awesome, and that was a great come back... but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it'll be as good this time.

Maybe they should have brought fewer characters back, but redraw each of them with a great looking sprite and all... Cause this kind of looks like a recycle fest the way I see it... Even though we can't be too sure from such low quality scans.

yes,
i used to be like that until what,6 months ago? 1 year?

i don't give a crap anymore,because ( as i always say )

1996 is gone

play the game(s) if you like em,don't start thinking about that stuff because otherwise things get really fucking sad

and you might develop a bad karma (!!?) about games that are aesthetically mediocre,but are great to play

see 2002 - neowave - etc

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
Yea, cool design. I like the butcher knife type blades.

Probably an Atomiswave release right? Which means I doubt I'll play it until it's ported. Unless I get another cab, or mod my crappy supernova.

so you're back,eh

yeah,i know this is an aw release

i was just being a little silly :)

it's good because well i somehow own an aw now

bad because i miss the mvs and because apparently you can't get the game unless you buy the motherboard

i mean,what the fuck ?

neo>all

Super nO0b
I'll have to wait and see how the new character plays before i comment. Glad to see gen-an and sieger back.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Fran said:
it's good because well i somehow own an aw now

bad because i miss the mvs and because apparently you can't get the game unless you buy the motherboard

i mean,what the fuck ?

Yea I woulda figured that you'd be able to buy carts only by now.

Anyways, this game could be the one that makes me buy an aw, provided I have something to play it on. Maybe I'll have D-Lite make me something cheap.

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
If anyone grab this issue of Arcadia, can you point

1. How many pages is the NGBC feature?
2. How many pages is the KOFXI feature?

Also, does anyone know from which magazine does this scan come from? Famitsu? Famitsu PS2?

We all already knew those characters (Angel, Kusanagi, May Lee, Rugal and Seth) were going to be added to the ports, but i would like to buy this magazine anyway (the previous Arcadia had some pics too).

Thanks.

neo>all

Super nO0b
Frankfurt said:
If anyone grab this issue of Arcadia, can you point

1. How many pages is the NGBC feature?
2. How many pages is the KOFXI feature?

Also, does anyone know from which magazine does this scan come from? Famitsu? Famitsu PS2?

We all already knew those characters (Angel, Kusanagi, May Lee, Rugal and Seth) were going to be added to the ports, but i would like to buy this magazine anyway (the previous Arcadia had some pics too).

Thanks.

welcome to the boards!

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
I wonder if that new bulb in Cham Cham's hair will transfer to her sprite? It looks like she got redrawn too. Yes!

Earthquake I think is a SS2 rehash with some adjustments, not that he needs much since he is the size of Kusaregedo.

I am positive Sieger is redrawn. His fist looks the same but he's bigger. Think of his sprite in Gaira's SS5 ending.

Still no Gen-an shots yet, but from the looks of things, this game's only flaw is the lack of blood. Otherwise it looks perfect.