help me how to test the powersupply..

dansc

n00b
i try to measure the volts of my powersupply..and all i can measure is the AC screws on the powersupply (about 122 volts)..other than that i got nothing on +5 and +12..i put one prong on the ground screw and the other on the volts screw..but still nothing..am i doing this correct? i dont think my psu have a problem cuase it run the game fine..thanks for help...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
dansc said:
i try to measure the volts of my powersupply..and all i can measure is the AC screws on the powersupply (about 122 volts)..other than that i got nothing on +5 and +12..i put one prong on the ground screw and the other on the volts screw..but still nothing..am i doing this correct? i dont think my psu have a problem cuase it run the game fine..thanks for help...

Make sure the Voltage meter is set to the correct setting I set it for DC 10 V when testing +5V..

dansc

n00b
chris1 said:
Make sure the Voltage meter is set to the correct setting I set it for DC 10 V when testing +5V..
thanks..before i do this, i just want to know why you set it to DC while the powersupply is plugged from AC sources..

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
dansc said:
thanks..before i do this, i just want to know why you set it to DC while the powersupply is plugged from AC sources..

Easy.

Power supply puts out DC, even though it takes in AC

dansc

n00b
can someone confirm this..is it true that the MVS 4 slot require the AC on powersupply is about between 95-105 volts? i read this info on the MV4F manual..
while most people say it should be around 120 volts..so what should i do?

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Power coming in from your wall is fine for the power supply. The power supply (as in all arcade games) converts the AC to DC. It really is as simple as that.