MAS "Mini Stick" at Arcade Shock!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Just and FYI for those of you interested in this, there are apparently some new Arcade stick by MAS that are 30% smaller than the original Neo Mas sticks.

There are only 9 on the way so if this is something you want, you might want to grab yours fast.

http://www.arcadeshock.com/Browse_I...ateg_id/13/Name/Neo_Geo_AES_Mini_Arcade_Stick

minilarge.jpg

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
syringe said:
I would but the concave butttons...eww

It's an american stick Jewboy, not japanese.

Anyway, I'd hit one up but the red T-molding and joystick are absolutely fugly, cheap looking and just kill it overall for me.
Vinh should tell the maker to switch those to black to better represent the arcade machines.

syringe

Banned
ORPHEUS said:

Anyway, I'd hit one up but the red T-molding and joystick are absolutely fugly, cheap looking and just kill it overall for me.
Vinh should tell the maker to switch those to black to better represent the arcade machines.

well no shit there Murphy.

I used supers and convex buttons on my cabinet for the longest time.

While most US games have concave buttons every now and then you come across a convex setup so it's really either/or with the type of joystick really defining wheither it is american or japanese (in my mind at least).

MAS also offers both configurations on their sticks.

The fact that they chose the one I don't like means I won't be getting one. (they could of offered either if they really wanted to as it's no less a corruption than the red stick in terms of the original MVS design)

my original post is more than justified.

Last edited:

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
IMO the original older ones are still the best because of the turbo on/off buttons on them.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
syringe said:
I would but the concave butttons...eww

You can buy the convex buttons and replace them yourself. Or maybe being a jew you prefer to pay somebody to do that?

Neo Mike said:
IMO the original older ones are still the best because of the turbo on/off buttons on them.

You cheater! :tickled:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:

Maybe the wood is American... stick and buttons are from Spain :rolleyes:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That's nice, the RED is SWEET! The original model is a big oversized block of cheaply put together sh8t imo. May have to check one out.
-BB

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
syringe said:
well no shit there Murphy.

I used supers and convex buttons on my cabinet for the longest time.

While most US games have concave buttons every now and then you come across a convex setup so it's really either/or with the type of joystick really defining wheither it is american or japanese (in my mind at least).

MAS also offers both configurations on their sticks.

The fact that they chose the one I don't like means I won't be getting one. (they could of offered either if they really wanted to as it's no less a corruption than the red stick in terms of the original MVS design)

my original post is more than justified.

I hear what your saying.
I was just fucking with you in that first post. ;)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Very nice - looks like they made the sticks smaller without crowding the stick and buttons.

However, my poor closet simply cannot handle another joystick ... :oh_no:

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
zapatistab said:
Thanks for the news!

Do you know what type of Happ stick it is?

If anyone cares.

I e-mailed arcade-shock, and the stick has a Happ Comp stick with a medium spring. I assumed that's what it would be, but I had to ask.

Arcade Shock also mentioned for $50 bucks more they are going to sell some with optical Happ sticks.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Did anybody puchase one yet?? Hey, can he/MAS remove those silly little stickers off of the panel?? They look so out of place imo.
-BB

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Looks pretty cool, but I'm too found of the bigger style. I don't need
to put these on my lap, as I have a special table where I put them.