ProGear Tips

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Just got into ProGear...what a great game. Couple of q's though...

What part of your ship that cannot be hit? Sometimes it seems as if I can fly through bullets and sometimes they destroy me.

What are baisic stratagies for this game. I know if you hold down the shot button your ship is slower, but does this make your bullets stronger? It seems that sometimes the jewels on screen just come to me and other time not.

If anyone has a good strat for this game write it here, cus although the game is fun, its kickin my ass.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
Just got into ProGear...what a great game. Couple of q's though...

What part of your ship that cannot be hit? Sometimes it seems as if I can fly through bullets and sometimes they destroy me.

What are baisic stratagies for this game. I know if you hold down the shot button your ship is slower, but does this make your bullets stronger? It seems that sometimes the jewels on screen just come to me and other time not.

If anyone has a good strat for this game write it here, cus although the game is fun, its kickin my ass.

When you select your ship it shows where the hit boxes are, which are about right under the wing for Ring and just above the wing for Bolt.

When you repeatedly push the shot button this is "shot mode" this will get you rings from the enemy provided the enemy bullets are within the blast radius of the enemy you just destroyed. When you hold down the shot button this is "gunner mode" from this you get gems whcih provide more points than rings. Weather shot or gunner is more powerful really depends on what combination of ship and gunner you use. All I can say for sure is that you want and need to use both about the same amount.

As for the gems and rings comming to you this is what you need to do: Say you use your normal shot to destroy an enemy and it prduces rings, hold down the shot button and go into gunner mode and the rings will be sucked twards you. This is also the same if you got gems from and enemy, just go back to shot mode to get them to come to you.

I hope this helps.

ord1000

Crazed MVS Addict
Some pics of the hitboxes -
progearhit6nq1tc.gif

I just recieved my japanese A & B Progear boards today (for a bargain £140 inc p&p), and i've just fallen in love with this game all over again. Simply stunning.