ART OF FIGHTING also on PlayStation 2

Sigma

n00b
The hit series ART OF FIGHTING will be also adapted on the game console SONY PlayStation 2. The game will support the online mode like many others adaptations on SONY PlayStation 2 old glories SNK titles with an online mode.

At a few days of the first volume of the series FATAL FURY : MARK OF THE WOLVES in Japan SNK Playmore had add on the planning the hit series ART OF FIGHTING original name title RYUKO NO KEN

The game will be out in Japan in 2005.

SNK Playmore also indicated that LAST BLADE 1 & 2 and compilation OROCHI of KING OF FIGHTER ' 95, ' 96 and ' 97, will be out both this autumn in Japan.

Source : http://www.gamekult.com/

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
i don't suppose you know when it will hit the states by chance?

thanks for the translations :)

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Is Art of Fighting going to be like RE-bout, or a collection disk?

Recap

Zero's Secretary
neo_X7 said:
Is Art of Fighting going to be like RE-bout, or a collection disk?

It supposedly will be a collection with more than one title in series since it's part of the Neo-Geo Online Collection, but it hasn't been revealed yet. Samurai Spirits and World Heroes have also been "announced", as we have just reported at Insert Credit.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
This would pave the way for other older, unported games to get released, which would be fantastic, but it sounds too good to be true.

I'll start to get excited once I see an official release date on the SNKP site.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
orochi_lubu said:
i don't suppose you know when it will hit the states by chance?

If Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection is any indication, never. :mad_2:

Last edited:

Recap

Zero's Secretary
tsukaesugi said:
This would pave the way for other older, unported games to get released, which would be fantastic, but it sounds too good to be true.

I'll start to get excited once I see an official release date on the SNKP site.

It's known thanks to an official announcement published by Nikkei. What else do you need?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I could see it being interesting for AOF 3, but I don't really find myself chopping at the bit to play AOF 1 or 2 online.

I'd be interested if they redid it in high-res and fixed many of the games' less than positive quirks, particularly AOF 2's absurd difficulty.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Art of Fighting returns. Wow.

Its been 14 years since AOF made its debut as the biggest challenger to Street Fighter 2.

The First Ranbu. The first DM, actually. The first Taunt.

The first Dash. The first Visual Damage. The first Back Dash.

The first massive 'Fireball'. The first Zoom. The first Consuming Plot.

The first off the wall attack.

So many of these are the basic fundamentals of 2D fighting games now and have been.

And not to mention a hardCORE game and series.

The game that made the Neo Geo stand out so much more and made me fell in love with it. That and Sam Sho, but thats another story.

Everything about the game and series has been top quality. Gorgeous graphics. Beautiful colors. Top soundtrack. The incredible challenge.

And also we got the characters that we have grown to love and accept as an integral part of the SNK family of characters.

Its just euphoric for me to see an Art Of Fighting thread in the News forum.

I'm sure other AOF fans feel the same.

And now all three AOFs are coming/resurrecting for PS2. :buttrock: :drool:

Since this is so good, heres a treat. I'll have another one for page 2.

artoffighting1280_ryo_robert.jpg

AOFerz, REJOICE.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Recap said:
It's known thanks to an official announcement published by Nikkei. What else do you need?

SNK Playmore is releasing it so that date (rather time frame) will change, for the worse.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
well thats cool for those who like AOF. I think it's just too dated for my liking never had the feel SF did

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
That's cool news. AOF 3 was always my favorite.

Although I can't really see this worth the purchase for me, the mvs versions are ridiciously cheap.

But hey, not bad for ps2 owners. In Japan, that is.

Now we just need an XBL version here.

In six years, when Playmore releases it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
great news. I still like playing AOF2 and it's one of my most favourite Neo games .... no shit.

Ryo and Robert were badass back then. their personalities went downhill since KOF.

now where are the SS and Real Bout collections?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I just hope that when this release fails, SNKP doesn't decide to stop the momentum. As much as I like this series, the mainstream will not fully appreciate it or give a damn how many "firsts" were introduced in this series.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
I just hope that when this release fails, SNKP doesn't decide to stop the momentum. As much as I like this series, the mainstream will not fully appreciate it or give a damn how many "firsts" were introduced in this series.

Too true.

You'd think they'd release a complier of NAM-1975, Cyber Lip, Magician Lord, Sengoku, Sengoku 2, 8-MAN and Robo Army instead to get some classics out there. But whatever.

MERCENARY X99

neo>all

Super nO0b
Mark of the Wolves said:
So the game will be out in 2006. I never really liked Art of Fighting anyway.

Why do you suppose that is? I thought the series was ok. Aof1 was fun with the facial damage, bonus rounds, and zooming, which you rarely see in other 2d fighting games. Aof2 was way too damn difficult but was a hoot in 2player mode. Aof3 was great but underrated. The animation was my favorite part

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Looks like I'm going to have to buy a modded ps2 for these collections, as they probably won't see the light of day over here. Was anything said about extras?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Excellent, excellent!!

I already have all AoF games on cart, CD and some ports (MD, etc.), but man, I'm really looking forward to this collection, I'm a big AoF fan, specially AoF3 is IMO one of the best fighters ever made.

About time they remember one of the pillars SNK rested on...

Great news indeed, I'm SO preordering that one.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
great news, coupled with the sticks, the import PS2 seems tastier and tastier

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
aof2 is so stylish imo, but as regards gameplay I'd have to go with aof3 ^

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
yeah AOF is cool, dunno if id buy a PS2 port though...
id ratehr get the AES carts :tickled: