Good PCE shooter

barf

Maxima's Barber
I guess you meant for Turbo Express/PCEngine GT to stay on topic :P (else you should have posted in all about shooters).

My favourites are coryoon, parodius, soldier blade, hana taka dakka, magical chase, RType Complete (at least part 1), Air Zonk, Rabio Lepus Special, TwinBee, Darius g

(i have not listed cds but on cd there would be spriggan mark 2, star parodia, RType Complete CD instead of the part1 cart).
there are much more but i don t have the name at my fingertips

If i had to pick only one, i d choose coryoon

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
My favorite is soldier blade.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Fave Vert : Final Soldier

Fave Horizontal : Download

Can't go wrong, some of my lifetime favorites. :mr_t:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Akira1422 said:
Anyone know of a good one I can pick up?

Nope, there are none. Wouldn't happen to be a massive discussion about those non-existent shooters on PCE in the thread about the PCE and shooters or anything, either.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I know its CD, but rather than start a new topic to talk about it, I'll tack it onto this one. Been playing Download 2 this week and loving it. Gonna' give it some SERIOUS time [only played it for a couple hours so far] tomorrow. Also just got in Gradius 2, another super impressive game, but hard as hell!

Anyway, Download 2 shocked the hell out of me. I always dismissed it for some reason...the screenshots never did it justice. Awesome soundtrack and impressive as hell cutscenes.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
pixeljunkie said:
I know its CD, but rather than start a new topic to talk about it, I'll tack it onto this one. Been playing Download 2 this week and loving it. Gonna' give it some SERIOUS time [only played it for a couple hours so far] tomorrow. Also just got in Gradius 2, another super impressive game, but hard as hell!

Anyway, Download 2 shocked the hell out of me. I always dismissed it for some reason...the screenshots never did it justice. Awesome soundtrack and impressive as hell cutscenes.
After the cutscenes and soundtrack though I find the gameplay meh. The ship design is simple, the difficulty seems off, and the power ups aren't much fun.

But lately I've become an Aeroblasters fan. Although I think again the difficulty is a bit much. That or I just suck.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I had Download 2 as well and I thought it was pretty meh also. I prefer Download 1.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
D-Lite said:
But lately I've become an Aeroblasters fan. Although I think again the difficulty is a bit much. That or I just suck.
I think its pretty fair until you reach stage/phase 4 & 5..

then it gets cheap :angry:

P.S.
the original Cho Aniki (on CD format) is great, I just love its unique atmosphere & style.

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
If you like wierd stuff.

Super Long Nose Goblin ....I think its called
Hana Taka Daka