The one and only Mushihime-sama thread (may not be 56K friendly)

slerch666

updyke,
So I figure at least some of us are pretty excited by the prospect of another PS2 Cave shooter, so why not have a thread about it?

First up, I bought the Mushihime-sama OST from Play Asia. The music isn't bad, typical shooter fare I'd say.

The reason I actually bought it was for the Mushihime-sama toy thing. Here's some pics:

Box Top:
boxt.jpg

Box Front:
boxf.jpg

Box Back
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/slerch666/Toys/boxb.jpg

And the toy itself:

Mushihimefront.jpg

Mushihimeback.jpg

Anyone have anything else to add? Anyone know if a Mushihime-sama artbook exists? Other than doujinshi stuff that is.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
No art books or dojin as far as I know, there are posters though.

I personally like the music for stage 1, 5, and boss.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
slerch666 said:
So I figure at least some of us are pretty excited by the prospect of another PS2 Cave shooter, so why not have a thread about it?

First up, I bought the Mushihime-sama OST from Play Asia. The music isn't bad, typical shooter fare I'd say.

The reason I actually bought it was for the Mushihime-sama toy thing. Here's some pics:

Box Top:
boxt.jpg

Box Front:
boxf.jpg

Box Back
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/slerch666/Toys/boxb.jpg

And the toy itself:

Mushihimefront.jpg

Mushihimeback.jpg

Anyone have anything else to add? Anyone know if a Mushihime-sama artbook exists? Other than doujinshi stuff that is.

How tall is that figure? I have the game on pre-order but may upgrade to get that.

Kiel

20 Year Member
BREACH 444 said:
How tall is that figure? I have the game on pre-order but may upgrade to get that.

Its about 6 inches tall, It comes with the OST. It is not the same as the figure that is comming with the LE Mushihime sama PS2 game.

*Unless you ment you would get the game and the OST.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Spike said:
Its about 6 inches tall, It comes with the OST. It is not the same as the figure that is comming with the LE Mushihime sama PS2 game.

*Unless you ment you would get the game and the OST.

Well maybe I am confused. I thought that was the figure that come with the LE game?

So this figure is actually sold entirely seperate from the game?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nice stuff there... the figure looks really good.

The game is all I care about, tho, but since no arcade around here has one, I have to wait until the PS2 port hits.

Damn, why must I live in a country where most 'cades turned into gambling huts. :oh_no:

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
BREACH 444 said:

As mentioned a couple of times already, the figure in this thread is sold with the Original Soundtrack.

A different figure is sold with the LE version of the game.

slerch666

updyke,
BREACH 444 said:
Well maybe I am confused. I thought that was the figure that come with the LE game?

As I mentioned in my main post, the figure comes with the OST and you can find it by following this link. ;)

spike said:
No art books or dojin as far as I know
Searching on Yahoo Japan turns up at least one doujinshi. I don't want a doujinshi though.

As far as posters are concerned... any idea where I can get one?
Takumaji said:
Damn, why must I live in a country where most 'cades turned into gambling huts. :oh_no:
Well, fuck. At least you HAVE arcades in your area. The only arcade I know of within 45 minutes is a fucking arcade that ONLY gets those faggoty gimmick games, you know like the games with the snow board attachments and shit like that? FUCK those games.

Last edited:

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
slerch666 said:

x

Many thanks for posting the pics, I had my eye on this recently, but just wasn't sure, sometimes the figurines are a little duff, this whole package though, looks superbative!

Needless to say that I have just ordered this and the pre-order for the Ltd version of the game!

Luckily there is a cab with this in good old london town and i must say i quite like the game - has to be said that I am not so keen on most modern shooters - I prefer the stuff like garegga (I don't mind the suicides! ;)) or Layer Section or Souky - you know the sort. I'm a big Pce fan as well (Coryoon roxx!)

Anyways, I like how it plays and I really can't wait for Caves new shooter either, given it's obvious nods to garegga.

slerch666

updyke,
I thought anyone checking this thread might be interested, so here is a link to a Mushihime-sama search on Yahoo Japan.

Just to be funny, I actually won one of these for 300 ($3.00 basically) from Yahoo Japan. Of course, I then have t pay a $5 deputy fee and shipping from Japan, but whatever.

In case you are wondering what it is, it's a poster on one side and paper sumo wrestling Mushihime-sama on the other. Paper sumo wrestling requires you and a friend putting your character on one side and their's on the other of the paper ring and then BEATING on the table on either side until one or the other falls over. Whichever falls over first, loses the round. Silly, yes.

And if you are interested in buying anything from Yahoo Japan, I highly recommend Shopping Mall Japan. I've won 20+ auctions through them and it's definitely the cheapest and easiest service I've used.

Another great deputy service is M-World/Masato. I've used them and spent well over $2000 on various Yahoo Japan auctions and various other items from Japanese web sites (like Red Entertainment and Sega Direct). Also highly recommended, though payment is required up front and your items are shipped directly from Japan which can actually end up costing you more than SMJ. I mostly use them for Japanese website transactions.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Spike said:
No art books or dojin as far as I know, there are posters though.

I personally like the music for stage 1, 5, and boss.
There are doujin.

Trust me on this one.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I heard somewhere that this game was similar to Guwange, if this is true, I'm very excited to play it

Kiel

20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
I heard somewhere that this game was similar to Guwange, if this is true, I'm very excited to play it

Similar as in they are both shooters, and made by Cave, but thats about as far as it goes.

slerch666

updyke,
So has anyone else checked out the Mushihime-sama AST? I'm not sure if it's legit from Cave, but I picked up a copy and received it today... all I can say is, DAMN that sounds good! If they made the music in Cave's games at this level, it would make it "that" much better!

If I had web space I'd put some excerpts up, but alas, I don't have any web space.