Tate or cab?

Tate or Cab?

• Total voters

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I wanted to guage who uses what and what the majority is.

I myself tate but sometime in the future I would want to get a cab.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Tate TV here, but I'm dreaming of a nice sit-down candy with a huge screen since years... if they weren't so damn friggin' expensive.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Pffft... pussies, I just play them in horizontal mode... you guys just can't handle the challenge!

Kiel

20 Year Member
I should have made an option for "letterboxed" and both now that I think of it.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Spike said:
I myself tate but sometime in the future I would want to get a cab.

Same here. Although I prefer non tate shooters, it would be nice having a cab with some classic vert game to pop a few credits into whenever I felt like.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
I have a TV that is dedicated for TATE. However, I would not mind owning a Taito Egret II.

zhulien

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
omg, I visit neo geo forums daily for almost a year and I didn't even know there was a shootemup section - my favourite genre...

I use a monitor in TATE with a scandoubler to allow my GC and PS2 to use it (although the GC I only have Ikaruga). My DC plugs in directly though ofcourse on the VGA input of the scandoubler so switching between all machines is really convenient.

I have a cabinet, but it is horizontal, thought about a vertical one, maybe oneday...

I don't like turning the 20" IBM monitor back and forth all the time though cause it's too heavy. I looked hard for a swivel LCD screen and guess what? They make them, but they all rotate right instead of left :(

ord1000

Crazed MVS Addict
I've a 29" Sony monitor that's usually Tate as is my Amiga 1084s Monitor and my cab. I'm getting a horizontal cab next week for the hori shooters and fighters. I have to say though i prefer tate one my cab so that's what I voted for.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I have a 17" LCD that pivots; I purchased it a couple years ago specifically for playing vertical shooter PCBs.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
For the past while I've been using a 13 inch Sony TV tate style for my vertical shooters. However, I just put in an order for a Konami Windy cab strictly for vertical shooters. I can't wait to get my hands on it, I've seen the pics and it sure looks sweet.

zhulien

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Bishamon said:
I have a 17" LCD that pivots; I purchased it a couple years ago specifically for playing vertical shooter PCBs.

it pivots to the left? please let me know the brand and model if possible, I *really* need an LCD that pivots to the left.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
zhulien said:
it pivots to the left? please let me know the brand and model if possible, I *really* need an LCD that pivots to the left.

My Dell 17 inch fp pivots to the left. I have it that way now to work in VisualStudio.

Kiel

20 Year Member
I just tated my 27 HDTV, holy freaking crap! :eek:

The level of detail is astounding. Now I feel bad that I'm selling it.

Arcader

New Challenger
I was gonna get a dedicated cab or dedicated TV for TATE but found out that my 30" TV could TATE while it was still on without any problems at all.

zhulien

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
nruva said:
My Dell 17 inch fp pivots to the left. I have it that way now to work in VisualStudio.

what's the model number of your DELL?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I use an XRGB with a wall mounted LCD display for my TATE shmupping. I like this setup quite a bit regardless of what people say about LCDs. Ultimately, I'd also like to get a cab. A candy one with rotatable monitor dedicated solely to shooters.

And zhulien, you can make any LCD pivot whichever way you want with a wall mount as long as the display is VESA compliant. Best way to go in my opinion, plus it saves desk space.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I would love to own a cabinet but I currently TATE my 19" monitor for games. I am really enjoying it this way.

GAMEFAN

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Cab.

It's the only way to play.

Just joined the cab crowd here....BIG pulled me over to the dark side...Thank god he isnt into pinball :spock: He's definitely influenced my gaming habits...kinda like the guy who injects ya with steroids.. dunno how in the world my wife let me get my 3rd cab....dedicated to verts.

Droid

ST-V

I TATE my 27" RGB monitor, so who needs a cab? :kekeke:

But really, once I get the space, I'd love to get 2 candy cabs. :smirk: An actual arcade cab is something I've always wanted, right next to a couple of pinball tables.