WTF KOF2k4 Hack?!?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Sorry if this has been posted already, but what in the name of shit is this?!

Anyone played this mung, is it actually decent?

Q-

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Everyone once in a while, people ask about those... Not in this forum usually though. It's just some lame KoF 2002 hack, with new ripped backgrounds, shuffled musics and stuff...

Enjaken

Cheng's Errand Boy
It does exist if you are refering to one based on KOF2k3 with all the bosses playable. They have it over here at a Laundry Matt off of Rosecrans Ave and Normandie Ave in that plaza where Pizza Hut is.

Edit: Nvm, that's based on KOF2k2 you talking about

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
It's just a hack of '02.

Nothing special.

The rom is all over the place if you're really interested.

Not even worth the space on your PC though.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
The KOF 10th Anniversary All Team Battle ++ (66 characters & character size change)
The KOF 10th Anniversary All Team Battle + (60 characters & character size change)
The KOF 10th Anniversary All Team Battle (60 characters)
Couching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Couching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 Super Plus (character size change)
KOF 2001 +
KOF 2001 ++
KOF 2002 +
KOF 2002 ++ (character size change)
KOF 2003 + (5 more bosses)
KOF 2003 Hero 2004 (5 more bosses)
KOF 2003 Hero 2004 Special (5 more bosses & character size change)
KOF 2004 Special Edition (same as "2004 Special" + background character dress down)
KOF 2004 Special Edition Plus (character size change)
KOF 97 + (5 more bosses)
Metal Slug 4 +
Metal Slug 5 +
Samurai Shodown V + (change new character & change background)
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS (39 characters)
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS + (41 characters)
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS ++ (41 characters & & character size change)

Theres a nice hefty list of available Hack MVS carts out there. Im sure there much more. They can all be had anywhere from 10-50 bucks.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I got KoF 96 + with bosses unlocked and super bar getting filled instantly... :make_fac: (not a boot apparently, but a modified original...)

Anyway, interesting list NeoCverA... I wonder what the 10th Anniversary KoFs are like, it's good that they have such a large roster... Other hacks don't add any extra character most of the time...

GarySheffield

Banned
Hmkay said:
I got KoF 96 + with bosses unlocked and super bar getting filled instantly... :make_fac: (not a boot apparently, but a modified original...)

Anyway, interesting list NeoCverA... I wonder what the 10th Anniversary KoFs are like, it's good that they have such a large roster... Other hacks don't add any extra character most of the time...

I have the same kof 96

It seems to be common if both of us have one

Original but with a mod

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
The arcade by my house has this and crouching tiger. It's lame and probably not worth the time. Just looks like kof 2k2 with different backgrounds.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Hmkay said:

my 96 does the same thing, if i get hit or press A+B+C it automatically refills.....fucked up eh

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah... They probably did that to make the game "more fun" or something, but it just spoils the fun actually...

RamonG

World Soccer '96
loopyeddie said:
A Crouching Tiger is on eBay right now. Get it for your new CMVS, qube! It could be one of your first MVS games!

That seller was the one I bought my first two mvs games, it was SNK vs Capcom Chaos and Rage of the Dragons. After buying those 2 games, I found Neo-Geo.com, and learned about boots, it turned out that Chaos was a fake :oh_no: , but I learned my lesson.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
loopyeddie said:
A Crouching Tiger is on eBay right now. Get it for your new CMVS, qube! It could be one of your first MVS games!

Nah, not interested in hacks, I had just never seen this 2k4 one before ;)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS (39 characters)
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS + (41 characters)
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS ++ (41 characters & & character size change)

Theres a nice hefty list of available Hack MVS carts out there. Im sure there much more. They can all be had anywhere from 10-50 bucks.

What are the 2 extra fighters?

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
EVIL NICK said:
I really, really hope that's sarcasm... >_<
... In case you didn't notice, Chun-Li is already a default character. Even if she wasn't, it was obvious it was a joke... :emb:

SonicBoom

Banned
Hmkay said:
... In case you didn't notice, Chun-Li is already a default character. Even if she wasn't, it was obvious it was a joke... :emb:

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?