New to Neo Geo!

Hey guys, id just like to say that im relativly new to the world of Neo Geo and just had some questions. Im most likely going to be picking up an MVS since its alot cheaper than AES, but I just wanted to know a few things about the AES.

Are the japaneese versions of AES games compatiblw with a U.S. system?
If so, would they just be in japaneese or could I select English..

thanks

Baseley09

Hair Group,
It only depends on the system.

If your system in English.....all games will be in english. Some games have a language select option.

A unibios chip will let you select region, its best option for any such qualm.

daybona

Juz,
Get a US system since we all know US systems have better graphics than the Japanese counterparts.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
daybona said:
Get a US system since we all know US systems have better graphics than the Japanese counterparts.

I dont know much about home systems but afaik both the US and Jap versions have ntsc outputs (which is an inferior system compared to PAL) so the US version is as bad as the Japanese if using composite video out, the only other difference is the bios which does not effect the gfx rendering ? Get it modded for component out and it may almost be as good as mvs.

Nah it's never time to leave a console. I still play all the classic consoles like NES, Genesis, master system and a few others. I do play the newer ones too though.