wich KOF should i buy first on AES?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hey
ive finally decided to venture into the world of AES and i was wondering what KOF AES cart i should get?
im thinking on getting KOF'96 JP as my first cart as it is one of my fav KOF's
so should i get KOF96 or another?

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
You should buy King of Fighters 94 and 95. Just buy them in order. They are all really good games.

My favorites are 95, 98 and 02. You can't go wrong though!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
hmm well the KOF94 and KOF95 carts are more expensive for me right now so i think ill got with KOF'96 as it ends pretty soon, plus i can always buy those titles later :D

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No dude, you didn't listen, not aes, mvs. Get a Supergun and play them off your tv. Are you really prepared to part with thousands of $$$$ for games like Metal Slug and Neo Turf Masters?! Think of the conversion rates! That's unless you're fucking loaded! :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
haha loaded im not but i would like to go for MVS ...just super guns and MVS units.....c.c...c..c.c.c....cost quite allot and ive yet to see many MVS units beeing sold in australia :crying:

EDIT: i will never and i say never pay more than 400 bucks for a Neo AES cart FINAL ..lol im not that entheusiastic about collection every cart.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Fair enough, but you I wouldn't go AES if I were you, I considered it but realised MVS is MUCH cheaper.

I was lucky to hook up a dedicated cab from Highway Games in Newcastle. MVS games can be easily found on Ebay and the Neo store and Arcade Shock.

If you think MVS games are hard to find in Australia, you have no idea how hard AES titles are.

Also, if you're not willing to pay over $400 for an AES title, you can pretty much forget about alot of the good Neo titles.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Yes i would go for KOF96 too....its my fave...a perfect blend of kof goodness oh yes....quite rare on euro...but easy & cheap to source on jap bud!.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
dude it all depends on where you buy the AES carts from lol and what games you like. i personally like the older KOF's and they dont come to expnsive.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Pando said:
No dude, you didn't listen, not aes, mvs. Get a Supergun and play them off your tv. Are you really prepared to part with thousands of $$$$ for games like Metal Slug and Neo Turf Masters?! Think of the conversion rates! That's unless you're fucking loaded! :D
Yes but pando....lachlan may not be a collector....and will just want a few of each genre??...some people don't want every single title.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
lachlan said:
dude it all depends on where you buy the AES carts from lol and what games you like. i personally like the older KOF's and they dont come to expnsive.

Fair enough dude, each to their own. I just hope you don't kick yourself when you decide you want a game and can't find it or too much $$$

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
exactly right lol.
dont exactly have a high paying job to go buying super rare AES carts , i just want to get a few KOF's and things like NAM-1975 and Samurai spirits 1,2 just to play really.
i need to get a supergun so i can play some old arcade PCB's and the new arcade systems.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
You should start with '94. So much love put into that game, and the first of the series.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
96 is a great choice. Cheap and still as playable now as the day it was released.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'd go with '96 or '97. '96 has a really nice soundtrack. Anything but '99. :blow_top:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Kof 94,95,96,97,98

Just get the serise in order from the start period.

Of corse afther "98 JPN KOF" realy start to go.... up in price unless it's change agian dunno.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
well just to dissapoint some and others happy ive bought the KOF'96 JP AES cart :D as it is one of my fav KOF's, im thinking of getting '97 next i really liked the story in that :)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
snesaes said:
I'd go with '96 or '97. '96 has a really nice soundtrack. Anything but '99. :blow_top:

'99 kicks ass.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
neo_X7 said:
96, best music in a KoF :buttrock: 98 takes a close second place.

I'd get either 96 or 98 as your first. 98 is much more balanced, but I still have a lot of fun playing 96.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
personally id say KOF94 because its the first one & my favorite one (well tied with KOF01).

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I say you should just take it from the top.

Start with KOF '94, and keep going all the way to KOF '03. It's interesting to see how the series progressed over the years, and is the best way to experience KOF in my opinion.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I'd get all of them in order except for 94 and 01. 94 is cool for nostalgic reasons, but the game really shows it's age, and 01 had a fun striker sytem and the ratio system was nice, but the BGs and music were so bad it ruined the fun gameplay for me. The others were all fun though. Especially 98 and 03. Love those 2 games.

Matt

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
lachlan said:
well just to dissapoint some and others happy ive bought the KOF'96 JP AES cart :D as it is one of my fav KOF's, im thinking of getting '97 next i really liked the story in that :)
Nothing wrong with that,that's one of the reason why i like 96 for it's music :buttrock: