Classic Gaming Expo - Burlingame, CA Aug 20 and 21

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
The big event this year is right next to the San Francisco Airport in Burlingame, CA! Talking to Joe Santulli, one of the organizers and the man running digitpress.com, it sounds like this year's show is going to be bigger than last years in terms of booths and attendance.

If you want info, check the www.cgexpo.com site. Early registration ends on June 15th. Early registration is $20 and you get a personalized name tag that way too.

Who's planning on attending? I'll definitely be there both days and I decided to get a couple of tables on the main floor this year! It'll be 16' of table space in the main room and I'll have power at the table. That means I'll be able to power the 25" PVM-2530 I'm bringing and also some of the systems I'll have. Guess I'll need a couple of chairs too ;)
I want it to be a cool little place for folks to stop by and play, chat, meet, etc. Hell, if DashK shows up I'll let him beat me in 3S for the hell of it.

I'll be posting more here as we get closer. Who is planning on attending?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I'd probably be stopping by, even though I'd probably be exhausted from
EVO, but that's ok.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Already got my pass, plane ticket and crash space line up. :buttrock:

Looking forward to meeting folks in person, as well as hopefully scoring some NGPC stuff...

Will you be wearing a big Bonk mask Dean?

Cheers,
Ben

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
le geek said:
Already got my pass, plane ticket and crash space line up. :buttrock:

Looking forward to meeting folks in person, as well as hopefully scoring some NGPC stuff...

Will you be wearing a big Bonk mask Dean?

Cheers,
Ben
Last year I wore a Bonk shirt. This year I may wear my exceedingly dorky D-Lite softball shirt (came before my screenname years ago, inspiring the name)

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Damn... that sounds like alot of fun... I don't think I could get monday and friday off work though :crying: . nuts... I would have brought my amiga and my mvs, cps2, and naomi stuff. too bad... I guess I'll just have to host a hookup. ;)

Robert

20 Year Member
D-lite, do you plan to sell or advertise something or is it just to show what you own and speak with people interested?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Robert said:
D-lite, do you plan to sell or advertise something or is it just to show what you own and speak with people interested?
Advertise? Perhaps I'll have a thread here and at digitpress about stuff I'll be bringing to sell and whatnot. It's mainly a selling thing since I'll be selling lots of the extra games I have in addition to modded systems.

The interesting twist is I might be bringing some NeoStore stock with me and also so modded Neo Geo systems that *I* did not mod. More details to follow. But I am really looking forward to meeting more people from the scene. Hence I'll have a nice monitor there not only for testing and demostrating systems, but also for gaming!

300wins said:
I'll go, just to patronize and annoy you. :loco:
Funny you should mention that. I have purchased two extra passes for the expo for "helpers". Haven't figured out who those folks will be yet though.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Hmm perhaps I'd go too... just to check out d-lite's box of goodies for sale. :kekeke::eek_2:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
You know I'm always buying,... so I'll be there, again! :smirk:

SNKJorge

Are we playing all Puzzle games only? :smirk:

Last edited:

Curt

apostate
I'm not sure if I'll be in SF this Aug 20 or 21. But if I am, I'll probably be there.

I wasn't too incredibly impressed last year, due to a lackluster ammount of Neo/SNK stuff.

Hell, they even had "t3h r0mz" on one of those Hanaho cabs. :oh_no:

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Curt said:
I'm not sure if I'll be in SF this Aug 20 or 21. But if I am, I'll probably be there.

I wasn't too incredibly impressed last year, due to a lackluster ammount of Neo/SNK stuff.

Hell, they even had "t3h r0mz" on one of those Hanaho cabs. :oh_no:
Well this year I'm looking to help bring some SNK goodness in. I'm working with Neo Bomber Man on getting a stock of systems for it, some of which I'll probably mod, and also I hope to get a stock of cheap and medium priced AES games from Shawn to peddle, which he has agreed to.

xtoo_short20x said:
Are we playing all Puzzle games only? :smirk:
I'll let you be the judge of that. I was thinking strictly ports :emb:

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
I got 8/20 off so now I'm going for sure. I guess I'll see you guys there. :eek_2:

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
D-Lite said:
Well this year I'm looking to help bring some SNK goodness in. I'm working with Neo Bomber Man on getting a stock of systems for it

All your homecarts are belong to me. :)

If it wasn't obvoius by our attendance at the last 4 shows,
let me just say you will indeed find us there doing our thang... again.

SNKJorge

So what KOF games are going to be available for playing?
Third Strike part of your line up?

aria

Former Moderator
I can totally imagine people with dorky science fair-style poster board displays at this.

In fact, if I can go next year I will make a dorky foam-core display about the Neo Geo and maybe put together a small model of a paper mache volcano just to complete the effect :D

I really wish I could've gone this year, but as I mentioned to D-Lite when he first brought this up, I'd been planning to take August off for a big, post bar exam, trip.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
xtoo_short20x said:
So what KOF games are going to be available for playing?
Third Strike part of your line up?
Not sure which KOF, but rest assured there will be some there. At least 98 and 2000. Probably 2003 too.

No 3S at the moment. I'd love to have the CPS3 here, but alas I do not have it.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
If someone didn't screw me outta that CPS3 fighter set on here, then perhaps we would have a little 3S.