1UP.com article on new Samurai Showdown

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Great write up for 1up.com. Too bad only one person wants it and has hyped it. I guess I will go ahead and do it as well. Too bad it will probably never see the light of day here unless as an port.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
I wasnt excited about SS6T but the article lists Gen-an on the roster...so that definitely has my interest up. Hopefully they make a great game.

Droid

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'm really excited about this one. It just seems like SNKP are putting a lot of effort into these new titles, lots of beta tests and player feed back. Hopefully they can break their habit of releasing games with broken stuff in them.

The roster for this one is outstanding.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
The roster is huge, that's good... (40 characters, including 8 clones, fair enough)

Some SS5 characters would need to be improved graphic and animation-wise (Sankuro, Kusaregedo...) but I doubt they will be... Also, I hope that among all the old characters coming back, Nicotine will be the only one using his SS2 sprite, and that the others will be nicely redrawn... Can't wait to have a look at the new Gen-An, he'd better be redrawn...
I expect Cham Cham, Sieger, Earthquake and Kuroko to be the last 4 characters... If that turns out to be true, I think it is very likely that they'd reuse Cham Cham's SS2 sprite, like they did in SS4S (PS1) and SS5S (at the end of Tam Tam's Zetsumei)... That'd be 2 old characters who didn't get redrawn, but I guess it's okay for those 2.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
I know (snk - snkp, and I am for millions of more sam shos to come but...)

Should tear out the farwell in the back of my SSV5???? :loco:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Ah, I missed that error...

Zan, for instance, seems to have a bit in common with Samurai Shodown IV, subtitled "Zankuro Musouken" in Japan.
Zankuro Musouken is Samurai Shodown III, not IV.

Frostu

n00b
Hells yeah on Gen-An being in it. My hopes for this game have now soared...

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Frostu said:
Hells yeah on Gen-An being in it. My hopes for this game have now soared...
Prays and i mean pray that Cham-Cham returns.....

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Tron 2.0 said:
Prays and i mean pray that Cham-Cham returns.....
What for ? Her come back has already been confirmed. (link)

Everyone from SS1-2 is confirmed to be back, apart from Kuroko for now... But he'll surely be in.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I hope all of the SSII sprites are redrawn, as I don't see them fitting in with the SSIII sprites, the SSIII sprites are just too bulky and have their own artistic style that conflicts with the SSII sprites.

Some of the characters might be ok (cham cham and nicotine), but Seiger and Gen-an need to be redrawn to fit in.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Indeed... Cham Cham and Nicotine are the only ones that'd fit well enough if not redrawn.
As for Gen-An, Earthquake and Sieger, I assume it's a given they'll be redrawn... Wan-Fu is redrawn, so why wouldn't they be ? (Earthquake might be more or less based on his SvC self...)

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
<sarcasm>Yay the return of Cham Cham - Queen of cheap cross ups and throws :very_ang: </sarcasm>

lordkaosu

n00b
This sounds great, unfortunately, I'll probably never see it in an arcade around here. I can't find anything past II in arcades at all.

Gaelsano

Armored Scrum Object
lord kaosu, can it be worse than this: in my neck of the woods neogeos haven't existed for seven years, every Naomi arcade has gone missing (MvC2 for example) and no hint of Atomiswave. Within at least 50 miles in every direction

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yea Hah!

Lets hope for fun times and deep play.

This could be the MOTW of Weapons Fighters.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
norton9478 said:
This could be the MOTW of Weapons Fighters.
What's the connection between SS Tenka and MotW ? :emb:
If you said this could be SFZ3 Upper of weapon fighters, then I'd understand, but MotW is a serious game with small sprites but good animation, and a limited roster... While SS Tenka is a crazy game with rather big sprites, uneven animation, and a huge roster...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I was talking about gameplay.....

I should have said third strike.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
Will they have the "blood spraying" & "hack n' half" animations in this game?

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
The only way I will be able to even lay eyes on it would be down in Ft.Laud or Miami *maybe*.

My area is the WORST for arcades these days. The biggest place we had was awesome growing up, but now the newest thing they have is 1 time crises machine. All the games from 89-99 are gone, including any and all fighting games.

Its a sad day indeed when the local arcade doesn't even have a single fighting game. What has happened to the world? :annoyed:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This isn't 1995, get rid of the damned clones/pallete swaps allready. :blow_top:

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Cham Cham & Nicotine... back in playable fashion in a new Samurai Shodown. My prayers have been answered!!!! :buttrock: