Otakon '05 Game Room announcement

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Otakon '05 Game Room **UPDATE PLEASE READ**

***UPDATE 2***

I forgot to mention before that the free badges are only for donations of next gen systems. Meaning, only PS2, XB, and GC systems count. Thanks again.

***UPDATE PLEASE READ***

The con is about a month away! We are in the last stages of preparations and still have a lot of TVs to fill. Those who donate will get a free Associates badge which grants them full access to all Otakon events for the weekend. But I need to know who is willing to donate, and what items they will be bringing, so I can put you down for a free badge. Please PM me at your earliest convenience so I can make arrangements for you ASAP.

**PREVIOUS UPDATE FOLLOWS**

Here is the offical announcement for N-G.com!

Otakon will take place at the Baltimore, MD Convention Center from August 19-21st. This year the game room will reside in halls B and C for a size of well over 50,000 square feet. Over 70 TVs and 8 projectors with 20 foot screens will be playing all of your favorite classics and brand new titles. Of course there will be plenty of competitive action to be had with our new tournament list:

Last Blade 2 - PS2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - PS2
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload - XB
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike - XB
Soul Calibur 2 - PS2
Super Smash Brothers Melee - GC
Mario Kart: Double Dash - GC
Tekken 5 - PS2
Halo 2 - XB
Dance Dance Revolution (Latest version) - PS2

Now here is where I need your folks help, we are looking for members willing to donate their systems for use during Otakon. No need to worry about the safety of your systems as we have the best lockboxes around with their own cooling systems and power supplies. And even if your system were to randomly overheat and go to console heaven we guarantee to replace all available console systems. We do not cover any modifications made to any system such as mod chips or hard drives. The systems we cover are as follows:

Playstation 2
Xbox
Gamecube

We also accept donations of other systems such as the Neo Geo AES, Dreamcast, and Superguns with PCBs. A couple of great guys who I know have donated before that can vouch for us are : Neo Jedi, Phoenix Down, Evil Mike, and Dash no Chris. Those who donate will be reimbursed for their membership fee to Otakon.

For those who donate we would like to use the systems from 3pm on Friday to Noon on Sunday. Please keep this in mind when donating.

We will have an exact time schedule for you as we get closer to the con. Feel free to PM me with any donations or questions you might have regarding this years Game Room. Or you can always post in this thread! :)

Thanks,

Jeff K.

Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
jeffkun34 said:
Here is the offical announcement for N-G.com!

Otakon will take place at the Baltimore, MD Convention Center from August 19-21st. This year the game room will reside in halls B and C for a size of well over 50,000 square feet. Over 60 TVs and 8 projectors with 20 foot screens will be playing all of your favorite classics and brand new titles. Of course there will be plenty of competitive action to be had with our new tournament list:

Last Blade 2 - PS2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - PS2
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload - XB
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike - XB
Soul Calibur - PS2
Super Smash Brothers Melee - GC
Mario Kart: Souble Dash - GC
Tekken 5 - PS2
Halo 2 - XB
Dance Dance Revolution (Latest version) - PS2

Now here is where I need your folks help, we are looking for members willing to donate their systems for use during Otakon. No need to worry about the safety of your systems as we have the best lockboxes around with their own cooling systems and power supplies. And even if your system were to randomly overheat and go to console heaven we guarantee to replace all available console systems. We do not cover any modifications made to any system such as mod chips or hard drives. The systems we cover are as follows:

Playstation 2
Xbox
Gamecube

We also accept donations of other systems such as the Neo Geo AES, Dreamcast, and Superguns with PCBs. A couple of great guys who I know have donated before that can vouch for us are : Neo Jedi, Phoenix Down, Evil Mike, and Dash no Chris.

For those who donate we would like to use the systems from 3pm on Friday to Noon on Sunday. Please keep this in mind when donating.

We will have an exact time schedule for you as we get closer to the con. Feel free to PM me with any donations or questions you might have regarding this years Game Room. Or you can always post in this thread! :)

Thanks,

Jeff K.

Just a few Q's.

What are you in need of the most?

I can donate a JPN PS2 as those always seem to be in short supply, but are those covered for replacement? I can donate an XBox or GC as well, but my question is does reimbursement happen if you've already regged and paid for the con? If I donate more than one item does that transfer to more than one person allowed in from my family/group?

I also have some sticks I could donate if needed as well if they're being taken.

Looking forward to the GR this year as last years MOTW matches were great stuff.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
Just a few Q's.

What are you in need of the most?

I can donate a JPN PS2 as those always seem to be in short supply, but are those covered for replacement? I can donate an XBox or GC as well, but my question is does reimbursement happen if you've already regged and paid for the con? If I donate more than one item does that transfer to more than one person allowed in from my family/group?

I also have some sticks I could donate if needed as well if they're being taken.

Looking forward to the GR this year as last years MOTW matches were great stuff.

JPN PS2s are covered. As for your reimbursement questions, I'll have to get back to you.

Jeff K

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Dash, they cut down on the number of people this year, so it shouldn't be as bad. There was just WAY too many people last year.

Nice to see you'll be doing it again. I was glad I had a chance to play SamShoV Special on the projection screen before it got too crowded. If I get some imports from my friend I'll post to see if anybody wants to play them. I'd like to play the PS2 verson of Twinkle Star, I've never played that against sombody else, I think it'd be fun.

If I may make a suggestion, add some more Naruto 3 games. I wanted to play it but there were only two Cube's with it. I only got to play it once, I would have liked to play it again.

Last edited:

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
If you think there is interest, I'd be happy to donate my Dreamcast + Twinkle Star Sprites & Magical Drop III + Saturn for the weekend.

I will be a dealer this year so I won't have a chance to kick any ass at Twinkle Star Sprites.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
16-bit said:
If you think there is interest, I'd be happy to donate my Dreamcast + Twinkle Star Sprites & Magical Drop III + Saturn for the weekend.

I will be a dealer this year so I won't have a chance to kick any ass at Twinkle Star Sprites.

There is always interest in those games. Just PM me your info and an exact list of what you are going to donate so I can keep track of how many more TVs I have to fill.

Thanks,

Jeff K.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
That's a pretty nifty list of games in the tourney. Looks like I need to seriously brush off my Guilty Gear XX Reload skills. I'll probably get my butt kicked (I have not put enough time into Reload and I've procrastinated too long), but I should have fun doing it. Bridget and Jam are still my main picks. Mostly Bridget, now as I'm such a Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure hoar. :) :)

Too bad there's no Samurai Shodown 5 (or special, either one) tourney, but I understand since less people have the opportunity to brush up their skills on the game, since a US release has yet to be made. Almost a shame the domestic release wont arrive before Otakon, this year. Looks like Nekocon (if it even STILL has a gameroom) may be the first con to possibly host a tourney for it.

I'll probably get some good DOA Ultimate time there. Yeah, no real competition, but I do hope the really skilled gents, I've seen there, come back this year. I really need to see where I am, with them. I'll be bringing my friend, who is kind of our DOA king, in our group.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
16-bit said:

What kind of games will you be 'selling this year at the Otakon?

Just thought i ask since have bought from you, befor on your ebay deals :buttrock:

Last edited:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Been playing lots and lots of #Reload, lately. Ahh, it's good to see myself return, in that game. My Bridget and Jam are getting dangerous again. So I may be able to make it up a match or two, at least. :) :) :) I wonder if the *real Jam monster* will show up, again, this year? I remember hearing he cleaned up a couple of tournaments, already.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Tron 2.0 said:
What kind of games will you be 'selling this year at the Otakon?

Just thought i ask since have bought from you, befor on your ebay deals :buttrock:

Stuff similar to what I list on eBay. I will have an lcd tv hooked up to my table for people to try out games on too. Stop by and say "hi"

Seppukumaru

New Challenger
I signed up to be a gopher this year, I'll donate a variety of things. Just got Shadow over Mystara in!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Seppukumaru said:
I signed up to be a gopher this year, I'll donate a variety of things. Just got Shadow over Mystara in!

Awesome. I'm always down for some D&D. Hopefully they'll have it set up for 4 players. I've only played in two. Just let me be the Elf!

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
jeffkun34 said:
We also accept donations of other systems such as the Neo Geo AES, Dreamcast, and Superguns with PCBs. A couple of great guys who I know have donated before that can vouch for us are : Neo Jedi, Phoenix Down, Evil Mike, and Dash no Chris. Those who donate will be reimbursed for their membership fee to Otakon.

Quality people running the game room at Otakon for sure.

I have a question Jeff. When I donated two years ago you guys just got me a badge. If I understand correctly this year we'll be reimbursed for regular registration? I ask because I would be donating to avoid the monster registration line.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Jeff,

I've never been able to send or receive PMs, so I sent an email to your email addy connected with this website.

Carlson

16-bit said:

Dang. You beat me to the punch.
Well, jeffkun34, if you ever need an extra Dreamcast (and Puyo Puyo 4 or Project Justice) or another Saturn (with Magical Drop 3, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, or Vampire Savior), let me know.

I'll be sure to swing on by your booth, 16-bit. I'll let you know if anything crazy happens in the game room.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
YuckMud said:
Dash, they cut down on the number of people this year, so it shouldn't be as bad. There was just WAY too many people last year.

Shouldnt be as bad? How do you figure that when the limit they set allows 1,101 more memberships then their was last year?

Either way I'll be there with about 15 or so of my friends.
:buttrock:

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
It's really nice to know someone's still doing awesome fan-run game rooms. I'd suggest adding Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy, but I don't have the money to make it to Maryland. -_-

Stupid A-Kon and their Gamestop-run room. You know what they had on a big screen this year? Some friggin' Dragon Ball Z fighter.

Err... anyways.

Hope everything goes smoothly this year, Jeff. :)

Alex Neuco

Quiz Detective
Hi.

I don't post here much, but I'm going to Otakon and am willing to donate my Xbox. It's nothing special, just a plain NTSC Xbox. PM me.

ShYtFaCe

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Is there a homepage for this event where I can find more info? I might tag along, and bring my Xbox and PS2.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Ven said:
It's really nice to know someone's still doing awesome fan-run game rooms. I'd suggest adding Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy, but I don't have the money to make it to Maryland. -_-

Stupid A-Kon and their Gamestop-run room. You know what they had on a big screen this year? Some friggin' Dragon Ball Z fighter.

Err... anyways.

Hope everything goes smoothly this year, Jeff. :)

Yeah, I was there at A-kon! They had that damn DBZ Sagas. Thankfully, they replaced it with Naruto 3 on the GCube and that made everything better. Speaking of Dallas conventions, are you going to Anime Fest this year?

Maury V.