Neo Meetup - OMAHA, NE!

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Okay, so I recently found out that qube is yet another Omahan, and he works at the Nickel-A-Play arcade on 120th and Center (where W.C. Frank's used to be). I guess that N-A-P has a few Neo cabinets, but no newer titles, so if anyone in the area has some newer or more interesting MVS carts to bring to something like this, we could have ourselves one hell of a meetup. I'll let qube give us the skinny on that situation, since I only know what has been mentioned in passing.

In addition to whatever cabs N-A-P has, I have an AES that's not working at the moment, but I could get it up and running before the meetup. So yeah, if there was anyone who had some home carts to bring in addition to MVS carts, this could prove to be a night for Omaha to remember.

I'm thinking some time in July would be a good time frame for this, but once again, depending upon everyone's schedule who's interested, this can be changed. Let's let this thread sit, and any Omahans/Lincolnites/Nebraskans that see it should post and express any interest they have.

NEBRASKA, REPRESENT! :buttrock:

N2x

Chin's Bartender
If this is a ruse to get me naked and have man sex, then I'm all for it.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
It's true, it's damn true. I have a homecart system myself, as well as a NGCD and a couple of Pocket Colors but no link cable. I'm not sure when this could be done, but July is a good amount of time away that I can plan it out. Sometime after the 8th of July would be preferable for me because of classes this summer.

I have to run this by the store manager, but I think he would be cool with it. I have keys and all that stuff since I'm a manager as well, so entry won't be a problem.

I'll wait and see how much more interest we get for this, but hopefully we can set something up :cool:

Marq

sQuareh4t3r

Shweeeeeeet. Okay, so basically what we need now is an inventory of what can be brought to this biotch. If you're in Nebraska, especially the Omaha/Lincoln area, pop on in here and post what you would be willing to bring for this meetup.

We'll be able to take it from there once we have an idea of what we're working with. ;)

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
I have 2 candy cabs (neo 29 and neo19) but only one 4 slot board to put in them. A consolized 2 slot, 2 Neo CDs (Top load, and front load). I have about 50 MVS games and about 10 cd games. I can post them if needed. Oh, and I'm from Omaha.

sQuareh4t3r

Well, shite, loopyeddie has enough stuff by himself to host the meetup. :D

Honestly, if we all pooled everything we have together, we're set. Now it's just a matter of finding enough people to make such a gathering worthwhile. Fellow Omahans, contact any other Nebraskan members you know of on the boards here and let them know that a meetup is waiting in the wings. Also, qube, is there any way you could advertise such a meetup at the Nickel-A-Play to maybe find some other Neo fans in Omaha that aren't using these forums?

Keep posting here whenever you guys know something new!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
If you guys can come up with a date some time after the 8th of July I could probably make it. My brother lives in Omaha so that would work out pretty good.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
sQuareh4t3r said:
Also, qube, is there any way you could advertise such a meetup at the Nickel-A-Play to maybe find some other Neo fans in Omaha that aren't using these forums?

My arcade isn't the type of place Neo fans would come into, we're more of a kids arcade :(

I did talk to loopyeddie though, and we both know a few more people who would come, bad part is though, they are not really Neo fans...more like gamers in general. I have a couple of friends that already said they would be down though, and maybe one or two more?

Spike said:
If you guys can come up with a date some time after the 8th of July I could probably make it. My brother lives in Omaha so that would work out pretty good.

Hell yeah, that would be great. We should try and do it after the 8th then so Spike can make it :) Bring Verbatum so he can 1cc a bunch of shit and we can take pics. What days are good for you after the 8th Spike?

Q-

Kiel

20 Year Member
qube said:
What days are good for you after the 8th Spike?

Q-

I guess pretty much any day, I'd be there for 5-7 days.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
I might have a job by then, so the weekend would be better. Oh, incase it wasn't understood. The whole thing can be held at my house. Maybe it could be a two day, two part adventure! Saturday we do a little Neo and some Geo, Sunday: THUMBWRESTLING! Hey, qube, you should "borrow" a motherboard for my other cab... hehehe. Back to business though. I have a bunch of stuff up on eBay right now to make some money for new games and possibly a consolized 2 slot for qube. Check out my sales and buy stuff. My eBay ID is loopyeddie also.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
I will have a Neo25 cab with a 6 slot mobo and about 70 more games. I sold a bunch of stuff and went nuts. :loco: We need to have this get together. I can put all 3 cabs (if I find another mobo) in my living room, set up an AES on my big screen, maybe a couple other tv's running Neo CD, and food. I am working on getting fat and I enjoy my food. Oh, and Qube can bring his newly acquired CMVS and we can jam some wind on it too. I think it will have to be on a weekend though. Also, we all need to recruit people from the surrounding areas. Of course, sQuareh4t3r is in charge however, since the whole thing was his idea. So let's get this thing planned out!

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Oh, also, I need to mention that I have 4 cats. If anyone is allergic, they better not come. My house is a cat infestation! And I love my cats very much and will not tolerate them being treated poorly, so cat haters can stay home too. I know this might sound crazy, but my house, my rules. Sorry to end on a serious note. Here's a giggle to lighten things up. :kekeke:

Kiel

20 Year Member
Well, turns out my old man is comming up from texas to visit the last week of July and I can only request off so much time so I'm going to have to pass this time.

When I do get the opportunity to visit my brother I'll let you guys know so we can try and get something going.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
loopyeddie said:
Bring your dad!

Indeed, bring him Spike ;)

Anyways, yeah, let's set a date and get this ball rolling again!

Q-

Nathan

Stakes, ,
So are you guys still planning on getting together? I'm in the middle of Iowa and could probably get over to Omaha.

I have about 60 MVS games and a 2 slot. qube & loopyeddie - I could bring any games you don't have or doubles of some everybody would want to play.

Just let me know. :D

PS . . . I could bring my mini Neo cab too if needed but it sounds like you've got several already.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Qube is moving this Friday or something. I heven't heard back from anyone else. I don't think anybody wants to have it. :crying: