BYOMS?

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Build Your Own Metal Slug?

I saw this company's web site while looking up game engines for new development and was kind of shocked how similar their aesthetic style is to the Metal Slug series. Their take on the game engine is to let the developer focus on the art design and interaction and let the game engine deal with everything behind the scenes.

Interesting product.... but would anyone play a slug-clone?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I was looking at this earlier today, friend sent me the link. MAC only though...gross

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
lets hope for a release not only for mac, that looks sweet.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
max 330 mega said:
lets hope for a release not only for mac, that looks sweet.

taken from their site

Why doesn't Power Game Factory create games for Windows?
We found it very difficult to create Windows applications that were robust and stable enough meet our standards. Lots of little things were going wrong early in the development cycle, and we gradually abandoned our Windows ambitions. Since then, more Mac-only libraries and frameworks have been incorporated into our game engine, strengthening it tremendously while preventing it from ever working on the PC.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
That either means they're just Apple fanboys or they really fucking suck at programming.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
dragonwillow said:
That either means they're just Apple fanboys or they really fucking suck at programming.

By looking at the site, looks like they are indeed Mac fanboys.

+1 for the home team!

Hei

New Challenger
I am a Mac user.... and trust me you are not missing out on anything. Anything that you make in it is horribly slow and is Mac-only too. Its screwy and tends to quit a lot. Hell, use something real to develop a game instead. :oh_no:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Is the game supposed to look like crap? Boy, I wonder what the meetings for character design were like.

Company CEO: "So, we need some kick ass characters!"
Designer (Hobo off the street): "Well, I like old school divers and eskimos, so I'll combine them into one shitacular character."
Company CEO: "Brilliant, I'll let you live another day!"
Designer (Hobo off the street): "Hot diggaty damn!"

Alien Hominid had a better create a game mode.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
dragonwillow said:

++