Someone sell me a enclosure for my supergun and about jameco ps200

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Well I have no knowledge of fabrication outside of electronics so I was wondering if someone could sell me a pre cut enclosure for my super gun like the one D-Lite uses in his design and speaking of D-Lite I read his supergun article and he stated that the jameco ps200 power supply will not work with a neo 6 slot which is what I have, is this proven or his opinion

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
mainman said:
the jameco ps200 power supply will not work with a neo 6 slot which is what I have, is this proven or his opinion
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't output enough current to support 6 slots... maybe, if you knew what you where doing, you could tweak the output, but... don't ask me how, as I don't have any idea...

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
Does it even have enough for a 4slot?

Is that PSU enough for a 4slot though?

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
there is a recent thread in tech support about using a 4-slot w/ a d-lite supergun and an sc-200. K'dash is the post originator I believe, he had to open the sc-200 up and increase the voltage.

cheers,
-DT

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
stuffmonger said:
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't output enough current to support 6 slots... maybe, if you knew what you where doing, you could tweak the output, but... don't ask me how, as I don't have any idea...

I don't believe you could tweak the output current past its design specs. I have a arcade power supply which outputs 15 amps on the 5 volt line and it start to heat up pretty fast like crazy

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
It is fact that the SC200 doesn't output enough for a 6-slot. For a 4-slot it will power it, but remember there are a couple models. It works fine for some and for others you need to open the PSU and increase the current and it will work (as K'DaSh posted in his thread).

Which reminds me, I will be updating the SC200 order thread today. I just bought a big supply of them.

Regarding the *precut* case, you mean you want one with the holes and whatnot already made? Or just the case untouched? I have a bunch of the ones I use on hand right now.