A-kon 2005

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Hey everyone! For anyone that lives in Texas, A-kon 16 is coming back next weekend at downtown Dallas June 3-5 at the Adam's Mark Hotel. Is anyone here going (looks at DashnoChris)? I will go around the building holding signs looking for members from here (and from another site I'm part of) and my badge will have my name "Maury V.".

So anyone going?

Click here for details

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Razial said:
Is anyone here going (looks at DashnoChris)?[/URL]
Hey, Raz -- how's it goin', man? Unfortunately, I'm unable to make it to A-kon this year, but my little company does want to come down there for 2006 -- we're hoping to get our booth reservation handled nice & early, since A-kon's dealers room tends to sell out pretty quickly. The couple of times we've gone to A-kon have been successful outings for Hoteiya Las Vegas, and alot of fun for our staff. Enjoy this year's show, and hopefully we'll see you next year.

--Chris

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
All right then can't wait to see you then! In the meantime, I'm looking for Lisa Honeychan and Big Bruno to show up. I think I met Bruno at A-kon 2002 and I missed Lisa at A-kon 2003. :(

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I should be there saturday....never been, no clue whats there or what to expect. Girlfriend wanted me to go.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Never been to A-kon...never going again.

$30!!!??? I still have no idea what I paid for. So retarded.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well,

I showed up for 1 hour saturday to bring some stuff for our Oni-Con table and pick up some models then headed back. I was not able to stay and did not want to fork over the money for a badge.

I will go to Animefest and of course ONI-CON where I am setting up another arcade room.

Phil

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Big Bruno said:
well,

I showed up for 1 hour saturday to bring some stuff for our Oni-Con table and pick up some models then headed back. I was not able to stay and did not want to fork over the money for a badge.

I will go to Animefest and of course ONI-CON where I am setting up another arcade room.

Phil

I was there saturday....way crowded. Vendor room was closed for most of the time I was there due to the fire marshal wanting the whole thing re-arranged. ungh. Gaming room was way too packed to enjoy...I dunno, just couldn't understand why it was $30?!

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
pixeljunkie said:
Vendor room was closed for most of the time I was there due to the fire marshal wanting the whole thing re-arranged.
Eep -- glad my little company wasn't able to attend this year (sounds like a complete nightmare for the dealers). Very much looking forward to attending next year, tho' -- A-kon's always been a good show for us.

--Chris

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Dash no Chris said:
Eep -- glad my little company wasn't able to attend this year (sounds like a complete nightmare for the dealers). Very much looking forward to attending next year, tho' -- A-kon's always been a good show for us.

--Chris

It was pretty bad... they closed down for three hours so the guys from the Anime Store were tired later that night; we were suppose to party too. The security was a pain in the butt when it came to some things. Read my report and pictures in Unreleated.