NGBC arcade price in Japan: 198.000Y+tax

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley

Auto-translation:

NEOGEO battle colloseum " アトミスウェイブ ROM OP price \198,000 (\207,9000: Including tax) this summer sale decision! It works even with AW-NET corresponding offline! (Network service is not received) in popular reservation order acceptance!

Around 1800$ or 1500€ + tax. Pricey, but I didn't expect any less.

Sorry if this has been posted but I don't remember seeing it before.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's out already?! Well I think I'm gonna wait the price drop.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
that seems pretty cheap...

Wasn't GG Isuka nearly one and a half times that?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Not to much and not surprising. these games are made to bring in alot of coin, you make that money back fast if you have a arcade towards a demographic.

Robert

20 Year Member
Here's my question.

Now it's quite easy to buy an atomiswave mobo and the games start to drop their value but can I use the AW-net system or am I obliged to stay off line?

I'm quite sure that every developper will use this online device for the games so perhaps we'll miss some interesting parts. perhaps that some won't even be playbable without the AW-net.

What do you think?

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Robert said:
I'm quite sure that every developper will use this online device for the games so perhaps we'll miss some interesting parts. perhaps that some won't even be playbable without the AW-net.
SS AW and Hokuto no Ken won't use AW.net to begin with...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Asura said:
It's out already?! Well I think I'm gonna wait the price drop.

It's not out yet, it just says "summer". I thought the game would be out this May but looks like it'll have to wait til at least June.

About AW-net, I doubt it would be possible to use it "at home" (specially out of Japan), but I don't think it matters. It's just to store your own info on cards and have some extras (and NOT to play on-line against distant human players), that most likely can be unlocked via a password for those areas without AW-net (like happened in neowave to unlock the extra characters).

Robert

20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
About AW-net, I doubt it would be possible to use it "at home" (specially out of Japan), but I don't think it matters. It's just to store your own info on cards and have some extras (and NOT to play on-line against distant human players), that most likely can be unlocked via a password for those areas without AW-net (like happened in neowave to unlock the extra characters).

Thanks for the infos, I hope you are correct.

Just one more question. Since I haven't played an arcade game with a game card yet, how does it works? Where do you get your card? Is there a card distributor where you buy it or does the cab has a special device where you can get it?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Robert said:
Thanks for the infos, I hope you are correct.

Just one more question. Since I haven't played an arcade game with a game card yet, how does it works? Where do you get your card? Is there a card distributor where you buy it or does the cab has a special device where you can get it?

Japan-based members should be able to correct me if I'm wrong. I think you could get the Neowave card for 500Y in the same arcade (maybe an automatic spending machine), and you insert it while playing and it saves your status, accumulated points (that you can exchange for extra colors or characters) and on-line ranking.

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Amano Jacu said:
Japan-based members should be able to correct me if I'm wrong. I think you could get the Neowave cart for 500Y in the same arcade (maybe an automatic spending machine), and you insert if while playing and it saves your status, accumulated points (that you can exchange for extra colors or characters) and on-line ranking.

Yeah, that's right. Some places don't have a vending machine though, you buy the card (not cart) at the counter where they make change.

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
What was the retail price for RF2 because coinop had it up at $950 pretty soon after release. They have NGBC listed for 31/08 by the way.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Hey Robert... Just read something Iggy posted that deals with AW.net being dead.

It was revealed at the Sega Private Show yesterday, along with totally uninteresting games, that Nejibako would be the last game to use AW NET. KenSamu and KOF XI will be offline.
It also means the games won't have secret characters tedious to unlock anymore (like Nowave had).

Robert

20 Year Member
Thanks Amano, Tsukaesugi and Hmkay for the infos.

Now everything is quite clear for me.

Somehow I like this system (If it was applicable here in europe). I like the idea of having in your wallet all your gaming cards and each time you go to your local arcade, you just pull out the one you need.

BIG

sony fanboy
Meh,I'll be waiting in line for the inevitable (massive price drop,port).

B-

dark_RYO

New Challenger
E aí, Kel? Beleza? :D

Pelo link de venda parece que é no nosso inverno, pelo jeito em junho.
Vamos esperar mais detalhes, como junho já tá ai, o site oficial deve soltar alguma coisa logo.

kel

n00b
Nossa, finalmente minha lingua :drool:
Beleza dark, viu minha desenvoltura no inglês :kekeke:

Ah, deve ser em junho então, certo.

falou!