How can I make Irritating Maze work with a joystick?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
I've seen carts which work in regular MVS boards and even AES convertions of them. I want my cart to work with a stick. How can I go about it?

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Do you have a link to an aes conversion picture? I'd like to see that. Not sure how you could make irritating maze work without the extra hardware.

cheers,
-DT

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
J0e Musashi said:
I've seen carts which work in regular MVS boards and even AES convertions of them.

An IM cart will display picture & sound just fine on any MVS board. The controls will not respond though. You can of course make a conversion for the AES but the results will be the same (controls not working).

J0e Musashi said:
I want my cart to work with a stick. How can I go about it?

You can't. And if you think of how this game works you'd realize that it makes no sense to wish such a thing.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=476706&postcount=22

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Has anyone tried IM with the special hardware attached to a regular 1-slot, with an IM BIOS? I know the MV-1B has that special (8-wire??) connector on the side but that is the only real hardware difference on the MVS itself (all the other hardware goes inbetween the MVS connector and the actual jamma harness). Maybe the extra connector is only for the air blow motor controls or something.

If that works, you could put a BIOS socket in an AES (for the IM BIOS), and connect all the appropriate JAMMA pins to the AES controller ports and play IM on an AES with a phantom 1 or make a conversion.

cheers,
-DT