2005年5月28日~29日ロケテスト開催決定!!

【ロケテスト実施店舗】============================
クラブセガ 新宿西口

They updated their site

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
beelzebubble said:
ying edited his first post... loke is at club sega shinjuku :)

Thankyouverymuch.

I'll try and make it out for the test this time.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
The first pic is very clear, that's good... And about those question marks on the selection screen, they weren't there on the old pics... They may just be random roulettes.

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
Old Neo sprite rips over high-rez, 3D backgrounds? Doesn’t look terrible at all… [/sarcasm]

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Latest info from Iggy says there are new moves, a third fighting mode, yet another original character, some kinda robot, and the return of Nicotine, with SSS sprites!

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
SS5S bosses and Yumeji (with new moves and no morphs) are back as well... So is Gen-An !

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Hmkay said:
SS5S bosses and Yumeji (with new moves and no morphs) are back as well... So is Gen-An !

shit this sounds too good to be true!

new bgs!

3+ old characters return!

new characters!

+ss5spc's huge cast in full!

+three modes which "may" offer bust slash ss4 style different move sets (i want evil galford!!!!!!)

loke test report JAKE OR TSUKA????????????

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
BIG THANKS TO IGGY!!!!!! AT MADMANS CAFE (stifu you! are! a! fuckwit!)

LOCATION TEST REPORT

I'm conflicted now... A lot of people say the game feels great.
Aaaaaaaaw. Is it the Imoya effect ? Is Yuki doing the game after all ? I'M CONFLICTED !

CHARACTERS
So, we have
SS
Hanzô, Galford, Jubei, Ukyô, Nako, Haômaru, Charolette, Tamtam, Kyôshirô, Wanfu, Gen An, Amakusashirô Tokisada [everyone except Assquake]
SSS
Genjurô, Nicotine, Mizuki [everyone except Chamcham, Kuroko and Sieger]
Zan, Ten Samu
Rimururu, Shizumaru, Basara, Gaira, Zankurô, Sôgetsu, Kazuki [everyone]
SS0
Yoshitora, Unpi, Mina, Gedô, Rasetsumaru, Rera, Suijasama, Enjatan, Sankurô, Yumeji, Kyôgoku Hinowanokuni Gaô [everyone except Poppy]
Original
Matsuribayashi Sugoroku, Andrew, Karakuri Ochamaro

That’s quite a lot of characters. 36 ? What the… eh.
There are still some unused boxes, but since some characters like Amakusa and Gaô were CPU only, we may have the count ? Maybe 1 or 2 characters left ?
Also, there is a random. And Kuroko should be there.

Ochamaro
Comes out of a box like an automat. Cute. His voice reminds Ojamaru.
He has a move that reminds of the rekkaken (follow up).
Throw ( ?) where he transform the opponent in a doll and make him dance. Extra cute.
His bukitobashi makes him wear a mask like those dances of the lion and run forward.
Extremely cute.

Nicotine
Copipe from SSS. He has a new move where he creates an image of himself, which allows to create traps with the overhead (like with Jojo’s stand).

Mizuki is also a stand user now. (or maybe a little like Chizuru ?). Her nail move changed.

Yumeji
Nearly only new moves. No more morphings. Something like Moriya’s oboro, takes a pose then issen. Her tsubame kaeshi is like Ukyô’s in SSS, with the tsubame flying. Also, it’s slower. In the CPU demo, she composes tanka poetry. New voices, but same VA.

GenAn
Not a lot of reports. He has at least the triangle jump. I think he’s also copipe-d from SSS, but I’m not sure..

Zankurô has a new crouching slash, and 2 new moves.

Gaô’s dash move (I think?) is shorter, but has a new follow up. Also, his mirror move can hit the opponent.

MODES
Like Banchô said, the full list of modes are 剣 (ken) 怒 (ikari) 真 (shin) 斬 (zan) 天 (ten) 零 (zero). One mode for each game.

真 (Shin)
The E button has all the D moves from SS0 except 6D. Big offensive power. The character pauses when his ikari gauge is full, like in the first games. The bukitobashi destroys the weapon, which takes some time to come back on screen (not as much as in SSS, but still). Doll transformation ?

斬 (Zan)
E = evasion, close 6E = that weird dance where you go in your opponent’s back.
In air, E allows you to air guard. It feels like a blocking, it’s very hard to use for now.
AB allows you to charge your gauge. Big offensive power ?

天 (Ten)
E has the same properties on the ground as Zan mode.
AB allows Samurai Combination, at least AAA, BBC and AABBCCC. THE 14 slash may still be here, but the command hasn’t been discovered yet. With the 8 slash move, half of your gauge will fill, so the full combination should fill it completely.
ABC ikari bakuhatsu, ABC issen.
Like in TenSamu, when you ikari bakuhatsu, your ikari gauge will be longer if you have fewer energy. The power of the issen depends of this as well.

零 (Rei)
E = D moves in Zero. AB = meditation. ABC = ikari bakuhatsu. DE mu no kyôchi, ABC issen. The Kyôchi time depletes even faster than in Supisupe.

The Hiôgi and mikiri slide are only for剣(ken) mode. The mikiri allows to charge your gauge for the hiôgi.

The damage has been fixed from the last time. The strong slash deplete energy like it ought to, which means A LOT.
The issen is cool, the screen turns white and the characters are only shadows like in Hibiki’s move.

There is no death, and not even blood.

For now, the last stage is one of Supisupe’s 4 bosses (random ?)

For a reason, the normal throw is harder to do than a command throw like the mozu otoshi.

So... It ... is... a good game ?
I'll wait for the finished product. I think it will be horribly unbalanced with all those modes (I hate the modes in any game) but at least fun to play at a low level ?
Hum.

http://www.uplo.net/www/vip9718.jpg
http://www.uplo.net/www/vip9720.jpg
http://www.uplo.net/www/vip9721.jpg
http://www.uplo.net/www/vip9722.jpg

arcadia scans, wow!!!!! thanks IGGY again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone please save them in case :)

Last edited:

nazi muerto abono pa mi huerto

Overtop Pathfinder
wow, nice to see Arcadia scans again

Nicotine sprite is the OLD one, fuck, maybe Gen-an too?

an look at that Backgorund from the last page
WTF is this?! Darkstalkers?!?

vh42527.jpg

I want back the atmosphere from SS3 :(
and the animations too :crying:

H

hermegildo

This is looking more and more like a Samurai Shodown dreammatch, which isn't really bad, but if I wanted to play a fighter with 40+ characters, I'd play KOF. SS is a different kind of game and that's why it's great. I'm curious to see how it turns out though.

Thanks for the reports and the pics beelze.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
shit this sounds too good to be true!

new bgs!

3+ old characters return!

new characters!

+ss5spc's huge cast in full!

+three modes which "may" offer bust slash ss4 style different move sets (i want evil galford!!!!!!)

loke test report JAKE OR TSUKA????????????

Sorry! I'm gonna be in Chiba buying a super gun and MVS set up from a friend. I'm gonna play garou all day tomorrow and try to work out a budget to get samsho 0 special on mvs.

From my one time playing the game last loc test, I think it rocks SO HARD. The visuals and feel of the game were very true to the series. That one darkstalkers background did look out of place, but the rest of the backgrounds have a traditional japanese feel.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Wan Fu looks a bit homosexual though.. like they're taking the piss out of him or something. that's not cool.
nor is the fact they stripped the game off its blood let alone the death blows. come on man.. this is has always been an adult orientated game..
I hope they have the slash/bust thing. that would be so great. makes SSIII genius.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Add blood (and the occational person getting cut in half) and possibly fatalities, and this game sound like it would rock.... If only the sprites were smoothed out, either way the game seems to be shaping up pretty well. Glad to see Nicotine and Gen-Ann are back! I'm curious to see how well it plays.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
As for now, I'm buying a consolized atomiswave just for this game. :)

Supergoose should still be around, right, Amano?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
nor is the fact they stripped the game off its blood let alone the death blows. come on man.. this is has always been an adult orientated game..
I don't know if I'd agree with that. I think it was more a case of what was considered acceptable for kids in Japan, where blood, killing, etc., were not uncommon in after school cartoons all through the '80s-'90s. They may be rethinking that now. Of course, following America's approach to those issues kind of risks getting America's undesirable results, if you ask me...but that's another topic.

In any case, I don't really remember anyone I'd consider adult (anyone older than me, at least) playing these games back in the early-mid '90s.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
nazi muerto abono pa mi huerto said:
an look at that Backgorund from the last page
WTF is this?! Darkstalkers?!?

vh42527.jpg
Is it possible that this move that Galford's doing in the picture causes the background to change into this weird...dalkstalkers type of background momentarily during the move, and then returning to a realistic look again, like the other backgrounds seen thus far? Otherwise, it does look pretty out of place and dumb.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
Is it possible that this move that Galford's doing in the picture causes the background to change into this weird...dalkstalkers type of background momentarily during the move, and then returning to a realistic look again, like the other backgrounds seen thus far? Otherwise, it does look pretty out of place and dumb.

nah its the same one that they had a pic of in famitsu.. (unfortunately..)

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I don't know if I'd agree with that. I think it was more a case of what was considered acceptable for kids in Japan, where blood, killing, etc., were not uncommon in after school cartoons all through the '80s-'90s. They may be rethinking that now. Of course, following America's approach to those issues kind of risks getting America's undesirable results, if you ask me...but that's another topic.

In any case, I don't really remember anyone I'd consider adult (anyone older than me, at least) playing these games back in the early-mid '90s.

maybe so - but then, I've always thought that this type of game has always been played by teens and young adults. the tone of the game - particularly as of III (which is the point at which I think it may have started to appeal to a slightly different audience - more niche) - has always been more serious and subdued than other fighters.
I guess I don't know the answer but your post made me think.