PDA

View Full Version : Atomiswave Fist Of The North Star screenshot?

Loopz
05-23-2005, 12:28 AM
http://members.cox.net/loopzofury2k/hokutosshot.jpg

Damn! This might be fooking incredible...

I grabbed it from a link at insertcredit.com. Anyone got any further info about it?

Orochi Iori Y
05-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Looks damn sweet! :D I really like what has been done with the FotNS Mugen game, but an official 2d fighter that plays great would be teh best...

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Kaioh
05-23-2005, 12:43 AM
YES!! I can't wait for this!

Robert
05-23-2005, 12:56 AM
I have seen this on neo-arcadia and it's a GREAT new. From what I have heard you have 5 buttons:
LP,LK,HP,HK, and a special button.
SEGA is producing the game and it's loke tested right now if I'm not mistaken.

Finger crossed.

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one... But I didn't know it was on Atomiswave, so it is ? Great.

qube
05-23-2005, 01:18 AM
Mucho longo legos on Kenshiro there.

Awesome news too. Too bad I'm a long way away from throwing down for an AW setup :(

Q-

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 01:26 AM
His legs are long indeed... They aren't so long in the manga / anime...
It might have been the pic that's a bit weird on the bottom, but looking at other things on the level of his legs, it doesn't seem like anything else is stretched, so it's most likely just like that in the game.

Stephane
05-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Hey, great news :) finally a arcade fighting game with Hokuto No Ken ! :buttrock:

http://www.kobayan.jp/location_test/images/hokuto-01l.jpg

SouthtownKid
05-23-2005, 02:20 AM
I think it's supposed to be forced perspective...like you're looking up at him or something. But yeah, looks too good to be real.

Amano Jacu
05-23-2005, 02:48 AM
Enemy: "You've got to die, because in my combats there's always death"
Kenshiro: "You're right, in fact you are already dead"
Enemy: "What?"
Enemy's head explodes.

This is great news, I hope it turns out a nice game. Anyway, how is people so sure it is on AW and not, say, Naomi?

Ill6
05-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Its by Arc System (Guilty Gear) and published by Sega. Apparently Sammy is behind it but using the Sega brand to achieve higher sales.

Shawn Carr2o
05-23-2005, 03:06 AM
That fighting game looks sweet! & I hope that it is really bloody too. :drool: :cool:

They also need make a beat'em up game for the AW with the same graphics. :drool: :)

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 03:49 AM
This is great news, I hope it turns out a nice game. Anyway, how is people so sure it is on AW and not, say, Naomi?
I don't know, I'd like a confirmation myself... But the fact the game uses 5 buttons and not 6 may be a clue.

hermegildo
05-23-2005, 03:53 AM
Holy crap this is awesome.

Here's hoping for a decent licensed game for a change.

Amano Jacu
05-23-2005, 03:55 AM
I don't know, I'd like a confirmation myself... But the fact the game uses 5 buttons and not 6 may be a clue.

I think there are Naomi games that use 5 buttons too. Actually the only Naomi games I know that use 6 buttons are the Capcom fighting ones (like CvS 2 and SFA3U), designed to be used with the Capcom I/O in a CPS2/3 environment as it uses the same kick harness.

Anyway if Sammy is really behind it then it is logic that it is for AW. Using the Sega brand just to bring more atention is lame though.

Mark of the Wolves
05-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Wow. With Sega working on this(in any shape or form) I'm hoping this will be a great game. This may be just what the atomiswave needs, a game a lot of time went into to make it as best as it can possibly be.

Holla.

Recap
05-23-2005, 05:34 AM
I think there are Naomi games that use 5 buttons too. Actually the only Naomi games I know that use 6 buttons are the Capcom fighting ones (like CvS 2 and SFA3U), designed to be used with the Capcom I/O in a CPS2/3 environment as it uses the same kick harness.

And Sammy wants the 5-buttons layout as the standard for fighting games, as seen in almost every Atomiswave game. The button layout is 4 + 1, actually.

Anyway if Sammy is really behind it then it is logic that it is for AW. Using the Sega brand just to bring more atention is lame though.

It may be lame, but it works. And they did it already in the PS2 port of Rumble Fish. Sammy bought Sega for something.

Direct reports from the location test say so.

NeoDragoN
05-23-2005, 08:10 AM
HOLY FUCK! :eek:

DevilRedeemed
05-23-2005, 08:58 AM

Damn! This might be fooking incredible...

I grabbed it from a link at insertcredit.com. Anyone got any further info about it?

Loopz you are the fucking man! that looks incredible.
but I did beat you to it
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120251

I can't wait!

edit: anyone who watched 70s/80s anime knows how they made the dimensions that way. I think it looks superb (from just one tiny screen shot hehe). Capcom eat your heart out. 2D fighters at arcade level for ever.

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 09:26 AM
edit: anyone who watched 70s/80s anime knows how they made the dimensions that way.
Anyone who watched the anime back then knows it wasn't released in the 70s. :make_fac:

Seriously, look at this pic, for instance : http://xoomer.virgilio.it/isoladeidemoni/gekiuchi/g3_file/kenshiro_2.gif (copy / paste address)

The legs are like 2-3 times the size of the upper part of the body, while on the game screenshot it's more like 4 times...

DevilRedeemed
05-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Anyone who watched the anime back then knows it wasn't released in the 70s. :make_fac:

Seriously, look at this pic, for instance : http://xoomer.virgilio.it/isoladeidemoni/gekiuchi/g3_file/kenshiro_2.gif (copy / paste address)

The legs are like 2-3 times the size of the upper part of the body, while on the game screenshot it's more like 4 times...

erm... that's why I said 70s/80s and not just 70s. no need to argue here ok?

I wasn't even specifically talking about this particular anime.

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 09:53 AM
I wasn't even specifically talking about this particular anime.
Then how about making it clear what you're talking about, showing pics and stuff, rather than being vague ?

Looking at this pic (http://www.galaxymanga.it/kenfoto.jpg), you can tell the size of the legs take up about twice the size of the upper part of the body... (even if you can't see the legs completely, you can tell from the location of the knees)

A manga pic this time (http://www.nsw2001.com/nsw2001/kenshir.manga/img/ken.jpg)...

In the end, I couldn't find any picture where Kenshiro's legs were as long as on this game screenshot.

DevilRedeemed
05-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Then how about making it clear what you're talking about, showing pics and stuff, rather than being vague ?

Looking at this pic (http://www.galaxymanga.it/kenfoto.jpg), you can tell the size of the legs take up about twice the size of the upper part of the body... (even if you can't see the legs completely, you can tell from the location of the knees)

A manga pic this time (http://www.nsw2001.com/nsw2001/kenshir.manga/img/ken.jpg)...

In the end, I couldn't find any picture where Kenshiro's legs were as long as on this game screenshot.

my point is - it fits with a particular style of art animation that was used alot a couple of decades ago and I'm sure if you took the animated series you would find scenes where the legs are anusually long. as SouthtownKid mentioned - the perspective looks forced as if you where looking up at the characters.
http://www.kaiyodo.net/new/0412/kenshiro40.jpg
taking this into account it does not look too strange.

it looks like there will be 10 playable characters in the end - there was 7 playable at the loke test.
I hope they don't skip on the blood and that there is a story mode.

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 10:15 AM
as SouthtownKid mentioned - the perspective looks forced as if you where looking up at the characters.
Yeah I know, but it seems like they exagerated this in the video game more-so than it's ever been done before...
I played the SNES Hokuto No Ken games earlier today, just for fun and to remind myself how they were... And the legs are about twice shorter in those. (they roughly end where the boots start in the AW screen O_o)

Anyway, it doesn't really matter... I just hope the animation and gameplay are good. Where did you see there would be 10 characters in the end ? I was hoping for more, since I read there was "a bunch" of blank squares in the character selection screen...

Baseley09
05-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Who cares about leg length, whatever its on that screen looks greatness inc.

Tung Fu ru
05-23-2005, 10:24 AM
YES! Some more AW games that are coming out that look cool! If they don't fuck this game up, it should help the Atomiswave be a little more successful.

Btw, why get all bent out of shape cus a character's legs are too long, it's anime, lots of features are exagerated, also depending on the artist, some body parts are more exagerated than others. Look at eyes and noses in anime, some have HUGE eyes, some have narrow squinty eyes, some have a little nub for a nose, some have huge noses. Just different drawing styles.

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Btw, why get all bent out of shape cus a character's legs are too long, it's anime, lots of features are exagerated, also depending on the artist, some body parts are more exagerated than others. Look at eyes and noses in anime, some have HUGE eyes, some have narrow squinty eyes, some have a little nub for a nose, some have huge noses. Just different drawing styles.
That wasn't my point. I know anime proportions are off... I just meant proportions in this game seem different from the Hokuto No Ken manga / anime, while such games usually try to be loyal to their roots when it comes to style and all...

DevilRedeemed
05-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Anyway, it doesn't really matter... I just hope the animation and gameplay are good. Where did you see there would be 10 characters in the end ? I was hoping for more, since I read there was "a bunch" of blank squares in the character selection screen...
neo-arcadia.com
* Il y avait 7 personnages jouables: Kenshirou, Raoh, Toki, Jagi, Shin, Rei, Yuda. Il y avait de la place pour encore 3 personnages sur l'ťcran de sťlection donc il pourrait y avoir seulement 10 personnages en tout.
3 blank spaces.

dragonwillow
05-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Are those sprites hi-res? :eek:

Orochi Iori Y
05-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Great news that Arc is doing this game! :D This is a game that will force me to buy a Jap PS2 if they don't release a US port of it...

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 11:59 AM
neo-arcadia.com
* Il y avait 7 personnages jouables: Kenshirou, Raoh, Toki, Jagi, Shin, Rei, Yuda. Il y avait de la place pour encore 3 personnages sur l'ťcran de sťlection donc il pourrait y avoir seulement 10 personnages en tout.
3 blank spaces.
Hmm okay... That seems to mean there won't be any "post-Raoh" character... (Falco, Hokuto Ryu Ken characters and stuff)

Kirk Foiden
05-23-2005, 12:13 PM
You know what. For artistic purposes, this game can succeed in two ways. Either it would be great, or it will be the worst. Either way, your head will likely explode, when you play it.

Tom
05-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Wow, this looks great. I hope it hits Arcades in the US. I can only hope at some point for a console release down the line.

Kazuki Dash
05-23-2005, 12:43 PM
holy crap, prayer does work...
:eek:

I don't know how, I don't know where, but I will find a cab of this when it gets released

Hmm okay... That seems to mean there won't be any "post-Raoh" character... (Falco, Hokuto Ryu Ken characters and stuff)
lunatic fanboys like me would say that those characters will be for the eventual sequel after how successful the first one will be...
:D

Hmkay
05-23-2005, 12:48 PM
lunatic fanboys like me would say that those characters will be for the eventual sequel after how successful the first one will be...
I was thinking the same... :p

DevilRedeemed
05-23-2005, 02:15 PM
here are impressions. can someone translate? Bablefish is no good for this type of thing.
http://www008.upp.so-net.ne.jp/instinct/

Jon
05-23-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure why they choose to include Yuda on the game. I always thought he was pretty worthless in the show. Kinda gay, too, IMO. Why not Nanto Hakurouken Shu or Nanto Hououken Souther?! Yuda...Ok, whatever. I suppose I shouldn't complain...I've definitely been waiting for a Hokuto no Ken game for awhile now.

Almost makes me want to buy a SuperNova so I can play it on a supergun when it comes out. The one I have now is just standard JAMMA.

Jon

Amano Jacu
05-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Almost makes me want to buy a SuperNova so I can play it on a supergun when it comes out. The one I have now is just standard JAMMA.

The Atomiswave is standar JAMMA too, it should work in your supergun as long as you have 5 buttons wired.

Kazuki Dash
05-23-2005, 06:48 PM
DevilRedeemed: What little I could get from that link mentions stuff like lifebars reminiscent of Vampire Savior(?) and some gameplay qualities from Guilty Gear (I think I saw them mention Gatling Attack. Air Launcher, and Faultless Defense among others)...

but rather than me making crazy guess-timates I'd like to humbly request the aid of someone like beelzebub or Dash no Chris for a much more accurate reading...

I'm not sure why they choose to include Yuda on the game. I always thought he was pretty worthless in the show. Kinda gay, too, IMO. Why not Nanto Hakurouken Shu or Nanto Hououken Souther?!

Jon
People are already speculating that Shuu and Souther could be good candidates to occupy 2 of those 3 blank slots...
:buttrock:

Catoblepa
05-23-2005, 07:32 PM
About that "long legs" thing...
Tetsuo Hara (Hokuto No Ken manga artist, of course) always drawn incredibly
long legs on purpose, it's a trick to make characters and action scenes feel
more "dynamic". He said he learned that trick from Captain Tsubasa
author Yoichi Takahashi.

Hmkay
05-24-2005, 01:52 AM
DevilRedeemed:People are already speculating that Shuu and Souther could be good candidates to occupy 2 of those 3 blank slots...
:buttrock:
Yeah, seems like logical choices... And for the last slot, they might put that fatass working for Shin, Heart. He's been featured him in both Hokuto no Ken 6 and 7 for SNES... Unless they go for another fatass: Fudo. O_o

They might also want to put a chick in, despite the fact they're all weak in the manga, just for the sake of not having a "100% males" roster... *shrugs*

RBjakeSpecial
05-24-2005, 03:44 AM
Ok, here is a super rough translation in 10 minutes. Sorry for the glaring errors and mistranslations. I think this gives a good idea of what the game is going to be like though. CygL (I think thats his name of the author) made a really detailed loc test report.

From the japanese site
-Characters are high res like Guilty Gear
-Original Anime voices used
-Itís not known whether it will use the card or not, it didnít work at the loc test
Here are the playable characters at the test:
Kenshirou, Raou, Toki, Jaki, Rei, Shin, Yuda

There were three more characters that couldnt be used, making it a total of 10 default characters.
(Maybe they will include Shu, Sauza or Amiba???)

Game System
-Button setup is like KOF, plus a boost button
-Life damage is similiar to Vampire savior. (How it goes down, but if you wait a while some of it comes back.)
-There is a Boost gauge (Perfect Gaurd, Boost Cancel) and an Oora Gauage (Im guessing thats ORA!ORA!ORA!) that can hold up to 2 stocks, to be used for special moves.
-The game has gattling combos just like guilty gear, Double Jumps, Air Dashing, Air Guard,
- You can do an Ariel attack (Iím guessing this is like a knock up, or an air combo or something, エリアル) but canít hit opponents on the ground
-Weak Punch+Weak Kick gaurd crush ?? (not sure)
-Strong Punch+Strong Kick, knock up, follow up by pressing up after
-While Guarding press boost button for perfect guard
-Press any button when you get knocked down to spring back up
-During normal attacks you can push the boost button to cancel them (sounds a lot like the roman cancel system)
-For each character 2 3 6 + strong punch and strong kick gets you a FINISHING MOVE
-Boost + 66 while gaurding does some sort of dash (author inserts a question mark)
Kenshiro has a bunch of regonizable moves from the comic
Rau canít dash backwards, he jumps back like a kof 94 character
(A bunch of character discusion, moves and stuff from the comics)

Summary of the bottom: The game rocks. It feels like a guilty gear-like Hokuto no ken game.

games_sk
05-24-2005, 04:01 AM
It's about time a proper Fist of the North Star beat-em-up is released!
Can't wait. :)

Robert
05-24-2005, 04:08 AM
OH OH man, this sounds so good.

I don't even care about the characters playable. I'm just happy they kept the moves and the voices from the serie.
I'm also excited about the finishing moves, I hope they will make something that look like the master system HNK game.

syringe
05-24-2005, 04:34 AM
cool?

krakov
05-24-2005, 04:39 AM
To bad itīs a GG-style game imho. I guess iīll never get into that kind of gameplay.

Hmkay
05-24-2005, 04:58 AM
Sounds awesome... Thanks for the translation, RBJS.

Robert
05-24-2005, 05:41 AM
To bad itīs a GG-style game imho. I guess iīll never get into that kind of gameplay.

I was wondering the same but I'm so excited about this game that I can forgive that.

My main problem is about double jump, which sounds so much un- hokuto.
But I can live with that.

Hmkay
05-24-2005, 06:44 AM
My main problem is about double jump, which sounds so much un- hokuto.
It may be fitting if only Nanto characters could double jump.

Arcader
05-24-2005, 06:46 AM
This game looks really really good, I hope more games use this sort of graphics style.

Jon
05-24-2005, 07:33 AM
The Atomiswave is standar JAMMA too, it should work in your supergun as long as you have 5 buttons wired.

Well, Neo Geo games play on mine, but, that's only four. So, I'd either have to completely gut the harness or, buy another gun.

Any word on the price at release day?

Jon

Robert
05-24-2005, 08:02 AM
It may be fitting if only Nanto characters could double jump.

This would make a lot of sense but I don't think they'll go that far.

Now speaking about the price tag, I bet for a healthy 1000 bucks.

RBjakeSpecial
05-24-2005, 08:15 AM
This would make a lot of sense but I don't think they'll go that far.

Now speaking about the price tag, I bet for a healthy 1000 bucks.

With the popularity of Hokuto no ken I bet it will be more like 2-3000. How much was Rumble Fish and Kof neo wave when they first were released?

I REALLY want an atomis wave board. But neo wave is still 70,000 yen. lame! at least the ps2 version is coming out soon. I sure hope to god they dont mess it up.

Hokutonoken will be awesome. I can't wait for this. Judging from the popularity of GGXXreloaded# and that it's still going strong, I'm sure this game will get a following fast.

Robert
05-24-2005, 08:33 AM
With the popularity of Hokuto no ken I bet it will be more like 2-3000. How much was Rumble Fish and Kof neo wave when they first were released?

I REALLY want an atomis wave board. But neo wave is still 70,000 yen. lame! at least the ps2 version is coming out soon. I sure hope to god they dont mess it up.

Hokutonoken will be awesome. I can't wait for this. Judging from the popularity of GGXXreloaded# and that it's still going strong, I'm sure this game will get a following fast.

When you see that Rumble fish 2 is priced 950$ at coinopexpress, I don't think that this game will be 3000$. It will be in the one thousand range after my idea.

Amano Jacu
05-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Well, Neo Geo games play on mine, but, that's only four. So, I'd either have to completely gut the harness or, buy another gun.

Any word on the price at release day?

Jon

If you call adding a single pair of wires "gutting", then OK, do whatever you want.

About prices, as people is saying I bet around 1500$ on release. That being said, Neowave can be had for much lower than 70.000 yen now if you know where to shop for it, and it's going to drop much more when the PS2 port of Neowave and NGBC for AW are released.

DevilRedeemed
05-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Ok, here is a super rough translation in 10 minutes. Sorry for the glaring errors and mistranslations. I think this gives a good idea of what the game is going to be like though. CygL (I think thats his name of the author) made a really detailed loc test report.

From the japanese site
-Characters are high res like Guilty Gear
-Original Anime voices used
-Itís not known whether it will use the card or not, it didnít work at the loc test
Here are the playable characters at the test:
Kenshirou, Raou, Toki, Jaki, Rei, Shin, Yuda

There were three more characters that couldnt be used, making it a total of 10 default characters.
(Maybe they will include Shu, Sauza or Amiba???)

Game System
-Button setup is like KOF, plus a boost button
-Life damage is similiar to Vampire savior. (How it goes down, but if you wait a while some of it comes back.)
-There is a Boost gauge (Perfect Gaurd, Boost Cancel) and an Oora Gauage (Im guessing thats ORA!ORA!ORA!) that can hold up to 2 stocks, to be used for special moves.
-The game has gattling combos just like guilty gear, Double Jumps, Air Dashing, Air Guard,
- You can do an Ariel attack (Iím guessing this is like a knock up, or an air combo or something, エリアル) but canít hit opponents on the ground
-Weak Punch+Weak Kick gaurd crush ?? (not sure)
-Strong Punch+Strong Kick, knock up, follow up by pressing up after
-While Guarding press boost button for perfect guard
-Press any button when you get knocked down to spring back up
-During normal attacks you can push the boost button to cancel them (sounds a lot like the roman cancel system)
-For each character 2 3 6 + strong punch and strong kick gets you a FINISHING MOVE
-Boost + 66 while gaurding does some sort of dash (author inserts a question mark)
Kenshiro has a bunch of regonizable moves from the comic
Rau canít dash backwards, he jumps back like a kof 94 character
(A bunch of character discusion, moves and stuff from the comics)

Summary of the bottom: The game rocks. It feels like a guilty gear-like Hokuto no ken game.
thank you very much for the translation.
as Amano has said, you can pick up a neowave kit for considerably less than 70 thousand yen, though your best bet would be bringing it in from Hong Kong and there abouts, where prices are alot more reasonable.

Recap
05-24-2005, 02:09 PM
http://personal.auna.com/crsanest/misc/hnk_03.jpg

Second snapshot again from Postback's forum.

DevilRedeemed
05-24-2005, 02:16 PM

good stuff.

by the way - love your avatar. what is it from?

Recap
05-24-2005, 02:17 PM
by the way - love your avatar. what is it from?

Capcom's Battle Circuit.

RBjakeSpecial
05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Robert, Devil Redeemed- Thanks for the info! I'll check it out, this makes an atomis wave soooooo tempting.

RAINBOW PONY
05-24-2005, 04:35 PM
wow this game looks godly, hope it doesnt play like shit. if it plays anything like capcoms jojo game i'll be happy.

bloodriot
05-25-2005, 02:55 AM
WOW a game that can graphically compete with SF3TS, AOF3, GMOTW, KOF99 hope it has a nice animation? Not just that static cardboard cutout GGXX thing going on?

Hopefully the gameplay pace will come down a bit, less a sparkly seziure inducing hit effects would also be nice :spock: so far I'm sold, lots of 2d fighters being released lately like 7 (prolly more)that's a lot esp in one year or so.

TemJin3000
05-25-2005, 05:45 AM
aw, FRIGGIN SWEET!

i totally agree with you guys...bout time for something like this came to arcades too.
heres hoping Kenshiro's obvious win-quote is "Omae mo shindeiru!"

(actually, im most probably wrong...he'd say it before his finishing move, right?)

LWK
05-25-2005, 09:28 AM
That looks really psychotic, truly pimp.. Its like a hint of gowcaizer.

Dash no Chris
05-25-2005, 11:02 AM
heres hoping Kenshiro's obvious win-quote is "Omae mo shindeiru!" (actually, im most probably wrong...he'd say it before his finishing move, right?)
"Omae wa mou shinde-iru" [You are already dead] -- spoken after his killing blow had struck but before the victim exploded/imploded/whatevered.

--Chris

Jon
05-25-2005, 02:11 PM
If you call adding a single pair of wires "gutting", then OK, do whatever you want.

I probably would have to take out quite a bit of wires because I have the JAMMA harness going to two Neo Geo controller ports. So, I'd either have to find a controller with that exact connection and five buttons, at least, completely rewire them.

If you've got a better idea, I'd love to hear it. This little problem has prevented me from buying quite a few JAMMA boards. I'm a bit aprehensive about doing it because of certain things like superior video quality (via JROK, of course) easily beat out many other factory production Superguns like the SuperNova. I've seen several in action, and none of them even come close as far as video quality.

$1500 is alot. It sounds like that may actually be a pretty low estimate based on what you guys are saying. So, I'll probably have this game about a year or so after release--just like SVC: Chaos. :)

Jon

Amano Jacu
05-25-2005, 03:15 PM
I probably would have to take out quite a bit of wires because I have the JAMMA harness going to two Neo Geo controller ports. So, I'd either have to find a controller with that exact connection and five buttons, at least, completely rewire them.

If you've got a better idea, I'd love to hear it.

Well, of course I would have to look at how your supergun and controllers are wired. I said that because my first supergun only had 3 buttons wired, and I added myself 2 more buttons for player (MVS D and select). That way the select button acts as the Atomiswave 5th button (which might be a bit uncomfortable in some games but is better than nothing). Anyway I don't use Neo sticks on my supergun, but other modded controllers/sticks with more than 5 buttons. It all depends on how you can adapt your own set-up.

Recap
05-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Those thinking on buying this game in its AW cart form should think twice - a forthcoming PS2 version is almost sure.

Out in October, by the way.

TemJin3000
05-25-2005, 03:52 PM
"Omae wa mou shinde-iru" [You are already dead] -- spoken after his killing blow had struck but before the victim exploded/imploded/whatevered.

--Chris

a'thank you a'very much.
...proves to me also that no matter how good im good at speaking...im always going to be a bad speller, lol

Amano Jacu
05-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Those thinking on buying this game in its AW cart form should think twice - a forthcoming PS2 version is almost sure.

Out in October, by the way.

INFERIOR PORT!!! ;)
(actually most likely not, but you get the idea anyway :glee: )

Kazuki Dash
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
inferior or not, I'm a-buying that one when it gets released

Recap
05-25-2005, 05:45 PM
inferior or not, I'm a-buying that one when it gets released

In this case, it hardly will be inferior, thoe - Current Arc System Works PS2 games are said to be even better than their arcade counterparts.

Kazuya_UK
05-25-2005, 07:52 PM
New FOTNS game... can't wait!!! :D

Kaz

Tridagger X
05-25-2005, 10:00 PM

very SF3-ish!

Guilty Pleasure
05-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Arch System works is developing it. That's all I need to know.

Jon
05-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Well, of course I would have to look at how your supergun and controllers are wired. I said that because my first supergun only had 3 buttons wired, and I added myself 2 more buttons for player (MVS D and select). That way the select button acts as the Atomiswave 5th button (which might be a bit uncomfortable in some games but is better than nothing). Anyway I don't use Neo sticks on my supergun, but other modded controllers/sticks with more than 5 buttons. It all depends on how you can adapt your own set-up.

Hm, wiring the select button as the fifth one, eh? That sounds like a pretty good idea. The next time I see the guy that built mine, I'll have to ask him if that's possible...I don't see why it wouldn't be. Thanks for the good idea.

About ports...just more emulated crap. Like I tell all my friends when it comes to video games, I like my tits real for crying out loud! Or, I could just say "Roms are like maturbation. Sure, they're fun, but, I'd rather have the real thing.":)

BTW, any pics of like actual attacks/special moves on this game? I'm really interested if they have their ougi's from the show or whatnot.

Jon

Hmkay
05-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Hm, wiring the select button as the fifth one, eh? That sounds like a pretty good idea. The next time I see the guy that built mine, I'll have to ask him if that's possible...I don't see why it wouldn't be. Thanks for the good idea.
Yeah, that's possible... But it may be a bad idea for some games... Like games that rely heavily on the 5th button, or games that require you to push the 5th button and other ones at the same time.

Alex0916
05-26-2005, 10:23 AM
This is game is gonna be sweet. :buttrock:

DevilRedeemed
06-05-2005, 12:11 PM
5月21日の一日限定に続き、セカンドロケテストが「池袋GIGO」で開催されました。早速見てきましたが 、今回のバージョンでは前回では使えなかった3キャラが追加されました。

「ハート様」(本当にこういう表記)、「サウザー」、「マミヤ」の3キャラ追加され、全部で10キャラ選べ るようになりました。また、各キャラの補足ポイントが掲示されていましたので、ここでまとめて みます。

ケンシロウ
秘孔醒鋭孔:ヒットさせると、削りダメージが強力に!
天破の構え:次の一撃の攻撃力がアップ!
ラオウ
北斗呑龍呼法:(3つまでスクット可)強パンチ、強キックがタメでガード不能技に!
天将奔烈:ヒット後は相手が気絶状態にになる効果も!
トキ
北斗無想流舞:画面内を瞬間移動!(ダッシュ代わりや追撃ちに)
秘孔刹活孔:体力と引き換えに一定時間攻撃力がアップ!
ジャギ
マッチ:ドラム缶、ガソリン設置後、火をつけることが可能!
ガソリン:燃やせる効果の他に、相手の移動速度を落とす効果も!
シン
南斗流羽矢弾:沢山当てることで相手が気絶しやすくなります!
南斗追破斬:飛び道具を弾き返す効果もあります!
レイ
断己相殺拳:「タメ」で出すことで、威力・残存時間がアップ!
3段ジャンプ、空中投げも可能!
ユダ
イチコロ:ヒットすれば「毒」の効果で相手の体力ゲージを減らせます!
副官2名(ダガール&コマク)+ユダ本人の同時攻撃で相手を翻弄!
ハート
いてぇーよ!!:この状態でのコマンド入力で様々な特殊技が出せる。
弱キック、強キック同時押しの「掴み投げ」で移動投げが可能。
サウザー
鳳凰呼闘魂天:一定時間のスピードアップだけでなく、効果時間中はコンボ数を増やすことでダメージがアップ !
マミヤ
バイク:乗っている間はレバーで操作。ボタンを押すとバイクが突っ込みます。
ボウガン、ヨーヨーの遠距離攻撃で防御力の低さをカバー。

no ide what that sais but Iggy sais the 3 character blanks have been filled.

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/hokuto-02l.jpg

the art is fantabulous. drrroooooooooooool

Kazuki Dash
06-05-2005, 02:14 PM
I couldn't get much out of that, but I did get this interesting tidbit out of that blurb...the 3 new characters are:

Heart (interesting)
Souther (very cool)
Mamiya (somewhat surprising)

Setsuna1982
06-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Maybe it's old new but...

Here's what we learned: Sega announced that SNK Playmore's NeoGeo Battle Coliseum will be the last game using SegaSammy's AW-Net service, which copied Virtua Fighter's VF-Net and asked you to play hours of the tedious KOF NeoWave in order to unlock hidden characters (among other annoying examples). Games like KOF XI and Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkyakuden will remain offline.

extracted from insertcredit.com

SouthtownKid
06-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Mamiya (somewhat surprising)Not that she could stand up 2 seconds against any of the other characters in a fight, but since she's such a huge part of the story, she had to be in there somewhere... I expect Guilty Gear Bridget-style yo-yos.

Hmkay
06-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Not that she could stand up 2 seconds against any of the other characters in a fight, but since she's such a huge part of the story, she had to be in there somewhere... I expect Guilty Gear Bridget-style yo-yos.
I assume she got chosen so that they'd have at least one female in the mix, rather than an all male roster...
Heart wouldn't last long against anyone but Mamiya either...

Kazuki Dash
06-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Not that she could stand up 2 seconds against any of the other characters in a fight, but since she's such a huge part of the story, she had to be in there somewhere...
true, but using that rationale I would have preferred them including Shuu over Heart...ah well
:glee:

I expect Guilty Gear Bridget-style yo-yos.
I'm hoping someone can accurately translate the stuff posted by DevilRedeemed, cuz it seems to mention interesting character-specific stuff like something about a motorbike that can be used by Mamiya and using gasoline with Jagi

Won't someone try for a translate for us? Pwetty pwease?

Hmkay
06-05-2005, 02:59 PM
It's indeed weird that Shu isn't in, especially since Yuda is... All the Hokuto Shinken characters are there, even Jagi... Why would they put all the Nanto guys but one ? I wish there were a few more characters to be announced, like 2... Shu and someone else, like Fudo or Jyuuza maybe...

And although they're both weak compared to others, Mamiya fills the heroine role, while Heart fills the big guy one...

StealthLurker
06-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Is Falco or any of the HNK2 chars going to be in it?

Kazuki Dash
06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
It sounds like this'll be it as far as the roster goes...
:confused:

LoneSage
06-05-2005, 10:16 PM
true, but using that rationale I would have preferred them including Shuu over Heart...ah well
:glee:

Every great fighting game has to include the token fat/big character, ya know ;)

I'm really happy that this seems to be a Gen 1 FOTNS game, since that's the only FOTNS I'm really familiar with. I've only seen the localised Pioneer translation many times over and I love it...good stuff.

IIRC, long legs were a characteristic of Kenshiro, Rei, etc. Maybe not as long as in the first pic, but you get the idea. I like the game's style.

Loopz
06-08-2005, 12:32 AM
If someone can update this thread with some new pics when they appear, I'd be eternally grateful.

HardcoreOtaku
06-08-2005, 04:42 AM
any more screenshots of this? it looks amazing!

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94
06-08-2005, 05:00 PM
WOW, this is some pretty exciting stuff. regarding the inclusion of Heart; yeah, ya always gotta have one big guy in these things, although i personally would have have preferred someone a little more daring like Devil Reverse, that would'a been somethin' to behold.

As for Mamyia, ah well, gotta have a chick too I suppose. Heck, when you consider how much tougher they made her in the series, putting her in a 2D fighter isn't too surprising.

LoneSage
06-08-2005, 09:25 PM
i personally would have have preferred someone a little more daring like Devil Reverse, that would'a been somethin' to behold.

Aw MAN, that would be so awesome! It'd be awesome if they worked it out like the Big Zam boss in Gundam Battle Assault 2, being 2 screens high!

Here's to hoping he's a boss...

DevilRedeemed
06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
WOW, this is some pretty exciting stuff. regarding the inclusion of Heart; yeah, ya always gotta have one big guy in these things, although i personally would have have preferred someone a little more daring like Devil Reverse, that would'a been somethin' to behold.

As for Mamyia, ah well, gotta have a chick too I suppose. Heck, when you consider how much tougher they made her in the series, putting her in a 2D fighter isn't too surprising.

Devil Reverse and Devil Rebirth are 2 of my favourite phrases. can you tell?

Nostromo
06-09-2005, 03:28 AM
If I have a properly wired supergun (complete with Neo Geo SELECT). Will the SELECT BUTTON on the Neo Sticks work as the 5th button on Atomiswave (without any rewiring)?

Amano Jacu
06-09-2005, 05:06 AM
If I have a properly wired supergun (complete with Neo Geo SELECT). Will the SELECT BUTTON on the Neo Sticks work as the 5th button on Atomiswave (without any rewiring)?

Yes, if when playing MVS the select button of your stick acts as select on the MVS (a REAL select, not some trick using the unibios), the it will be the E button of AW, as they are both wired in the same pace of the JAMMA harness (26).

Nostromo
06-09-2005, 05:28 AM
Thats awesome thanks! Now I need a good picture of an AW joystick panel layout!

MKL
06-09-2005, 05:32 AM

It depends on the wiring... if the MVS select button is on the supergun case, then it will also work as the AW 5th button (but if it's located on the supergun it will of course be useless for playing). And if the Neo sticks have the select buttons wired to coin/credit, then they will work as coin/credit on the AW as well.

Amano Jacu
06-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Thats awesome thanks! Now I need a good picture of an AW joystick panel layout!

Some discussion about AW button lay-outs:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119442