Atomiswave Fist Of The North Star screenshot?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
hokutosshot.jpg

Damn! This might be fooking incredible...

I grabbed it from a link at insertcredit.com. Anyone got any further info about it?

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Looks damn sweet! :D I really like what has been done with the FotNS Mugen game, but an official 2d fighter that plays great would be teh best...

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Robert

20 Year Member
I have seen this on neo-arcadia and it's a GREAT new. From what I have heard you have 5 buttons:
LP,LK,HP,HK, and a special button.
SEGA is producing the game and it's loke tested right now if I'm not mistaken.

Finger crossed.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one... But I didn't know it was on Atomiswave, so it is ? Great.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Mucho longo legos on Kenshiro there.

Awesome news too. Too bad I'm a long way away from throwing down for an AW setup :(

Q-

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
His legs are long indeed... They aren't so long in the manga / anime...
It might have been the pic that's a bit weird on the bottom, but looking at other things on the level of his legs, it doesn't seem like anything else is stretched, so it's most likely just like that in the game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think it's supposed to be forced perspective...like you're looking up at him or something. But yeah, looks too good to be real.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Enemy: "You've got to die, because in my combats there's always death"
Kenshiro: "You're right, in fact you are already dead"
Enemy: "What?"
Enemy's head explodes.

This is great news, I hope it turns out a nice game. Anyway, how is people so sure it is on AW and not, say, Naomi?

Last edited:

Ill6

Marked Wolf
Its by Arc System (Guilty Gear) and published by Sega. Apparently Sammy is behind it but using the Sega brand to achieve higher sales.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
That fighting game looks sweet! & I hope that it is really bloody too. :drool: :cool:

hokutosshot.jpg

They also need make a beat'em up game for the AW with the same graphics. :drool: :)

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Amano Jacu said:
This is great news, I hope it turns out a nice game. Anyway, how is people so sure it is on AW and not, say, Naomi?
I don't know, I'd like a confirmation myself... But the fact the game uses 5 buttons and not 6 may be a clue.

H

hermegildo

Holy crap this is awesome.

Here's hoping for a decent licensed game for a change.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Hmkay said:
I don't know, I'd like a confirmation myself... But the fact the game uses 5 buttons and not 6 may be a clue.

I think there are Naomi games that use 5 buttons too. Actually the only Naomi games I know that use 6 buttons are the Capcom fighting ones (like CvS 2 and SFA3U), designed to be used with the Capcom I/O in a CPS2/3 environment as it uses the same kick harness.

Anyway if Sammy is really behind it then it is logic that it is for AW. Using the Sega brand just to bring more atention is lame though.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Wow. With Sega working on this(in any shape or form) I'm hoping this will be a great game. This may be just what the atomiswave needs, a game a lot of time went into to make it as best as it can possibly be.

Holla.

Last edited:

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Amano Jacu said:
I think there are Naomi games that use 5 buttons too. Actually the only Naomi games I know that use 6 buttons are the Capcom fighting ones (like CvS 2 and SFA3U), designed to be used with the Capcom I/O in a CPS2/3 environment as it uses the same kick harness.

And Sammy wants the 5-buttons layout as the standard for fighting games, as seen in almost every Atomiswave game. The button layout is 4 + 1, actually.

Anyway if Sammy is really behind it then it is logic that it is for AW. Using the Sega brand just to bring more atention is lame though.

It may be lame, but it works. And they did it already in the PS2 port of Rumble Fish. Sammy bought Sega for something.

Direct reports from the location test say so.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
hokutosshot.jpg

Damn! This might be fooking incredible...

I grabbed it from a link at insertcredit.com. Anyone got any further info about it?

Loopz you are the fucking man! that looks incredible.
but I did beat you to it
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120251

I can't wait!

edit: anyone who watched 70s/80s anime knows how they made the dimensions that way. I think it looks superb (from just one tiny screen shot hehe). Capcom eat your heart out. 2D fighters at arcade level for ever.

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
DevilRedeemed said:
edit: anyone who watched 70s/80s anime knows how they made the dimensions that way.
Anyone who watched the anime back then knows it wasn't released in the 70s. :make_fac:

Seriously, look at this pic, for instance : http://xoomer.virgilio.it/isoladeidemoni/gekiuchi/g3_file/kenshiro_2.gif (copy / paste address)

The legs are like 2-3 times the size of the upper part of the body, while on the game screenshot it's more like 4 times...

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
Anyone who watched the anime back then knows it wasn't released in the 70s. :make_fac:

Seriously, look at this pic, for instance : http://xoomer.virgilio.it/isoladeidemoni/gekiuchi/g3_file/kenshiro_2.gif (copy / paste address)

The legs are like 2-3 times the size of the upper part of the body, while on the game screenshot it's more like 4 times...

erm... that's why I said 70s/80s and not just 70s. no need to argue here ok?

I wasn't even specifically talking about this particular anime.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
DevilRedeemed said:
I wasn't even specifically talking about this particular anime.
Then how about making it clear what you're talking about, showing pics and stuff, rather than being vague ?

Looking at this pic, you can tell the size of the legs take up about twice the size of the upper part of the body... (even if you can't see the legs completely, you can tell from the location of the knees)

A manga pic this time...

In the end, I couldn't find any picture where Kenshiro's legs were as long as on this game screenshot.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
Then how about making it clear what you're talking about, showing pics and stuff, rather than being vague ?

Looking at this pic, you can tell the size of the legs take up about twice the size of the upper part of the body... (even if you can't see the legs completely, you can tell from the location of the knees)

A manga pic this time...

In the end, I couldn't find any picture where Kenshiro's legs were as long as on this game screenshot.

my point is - it fits with a particular style of art animation that was used alot a couple of decades ago and I'm sure if you took the animated series you would find scenes where the legs are anusually long. as SouthtownKid mentioned - the perspective looks forced as if you where looking up at the characters.
kenshiro40.jpg

taking this into account it does not look too strange.

it looks like there will be 10 playable characters in the end - there was 7 playable at the loke test.
I hope they don't skip on the blood and that there is a story mode.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
DevilRedeemed said:
as SouthtownKid mentioned - the perspective looks forced as if you where looking up at the characters.
Yeah I know, but it seems like they exagerated this in the video game more-so than it's ever been done before...
I played the SNES Hokuto No Ken games earlier today, just for fun and to remind myself how they were... And the legs are about twice shorter in those. (they roughly end where the boots start in the AW screen o_O)

Anyway, it doesn't really matter... I just hope the animation and gameplay are good. Where did you see there would be 10 characters in the end ? I was hoping for more, since I read there was "a bunch" of blank squares in the character selection screen...

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Who cares about leg length, whatever its on that screen looks greatness inc.