PDA

View Full Version : Tabletop Neo coming out

BoyProdigy
05-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Although I can't find much information on it. A company by the name of Jazwares (they make capcom action figures) Is bringing out a table top Neo Geo emulator, much like those table top cabs at laundromats. Pics of it can be seen here

http://www.snk-capcom.com/gallery/album10?page=6

Not to sure of the crappy Aussie layout though :shame:

wookiewombat
05-22-2005, 12:56 PM
hmm, isnt that thing interesting looking

Howdoin
05-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Interesting... hope we can get more info soon (release, price...)

C.A.R25
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
... This should have came out long ago.

BoyProdigy
05-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Taken from millionaireplayboy.com

I really dug their new table-top arcade machine. Costing a fraction of what it would to put a full-blown arcade cabinet in your home, put this on a bar or table, and you'll be wishing for your stack of quarters (but not need 'em of course). The first unit ships with NEO-GEO, other sets are planned for later this year.

Orochi Iori Y
05-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Not sure about this one... it might be a way to own teh romz legitimately. Take a look at this image/screenshot of it:

http://www.snk-capcom.com/gallery/album10/PICT0073

That front end they have there looks VERY much like a mamewah skin which is a front end for mame and other emulators on the PC. If that is what this is it will be pretty interesting.

EDIT:
Also look at how the information is presented and the fact the way the games are named in the list (Samurai Showdown/Samurai Spirits for example) make me think that they are both using Mame and Mamewah there... LOLZ. :loco:

BoyProdigy
05-22-2005, 02:06 PM
My best guess is after the Neo version they'll do a capcom and a midway version. I've been doing some research on the company and it seems they also make Mortal Kombat toys as well as Capcom.

EDIT: Mr Orochi Iori Y is corect, it is running Mamewah http://www.screenshotarchive.com/img/fighters%20small.jpg

Howdoin
05-22-2005, 03:28 PM
I wonder what they mean by "costing a fracting of what the real thing would" becasue everytime I see that type of cabinet up it is >$500... more than what a small cab and MVS board would cost me.

Unless it is <$300 and I can upload all the romz I want (SNK + CPS) I do not really see the utility of it.

Gamefan
05-22-2005, 03:41 PM
WEll, I like the idea of this small unit for the home. My only concern is the price.

GAMEFAN

Amano Jacu
05-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Shame it uses TEH ROMZ instead of the real deal... :shame:

crujones4life
05-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Fuckin' right, I'm all over that someone please let me know when that thing gets released and where I can get one!

NeoCverA
05-22-2005, 05:21 PM
It's cute for a minute.5 but after that, I start thinking of what it would play like next to your buddy. I would imagine things would look mighty faggot.

What size screen would you all think that to be?

ferrarimanf355
05-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Looks cool. Where's the website for this?

mungrin
05-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Man i hope this thing is real and not just some thing made for display.I hope someone actually intends to make these and sell them.I dont wanna get my hopes up though........

NeoCverA
05-22-2005, 05:49 PM
This is definately more like it. Heres a link to a single-player unit with the standard neo control layout.

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/images/tf05/index.php?image=neogeomachine.jpg&list=JazWares&page=1

Edit*
Considering that the initial links/pics were from E32005 and this is from a 2005 toyfare, i would say this company "jazwares" is serious about releasing this little unit.

NeoDragoN
05-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Did'nt someone already have an idea like this a while back?

I'm sure Chris1 has quite a few table top machines and someone suggested building a Neo one based around a 1-Slot.....

Shame its Emu.....

voodoodoctorx
05-22-2005, 06:10 PM
wow now that thing is just ugly... buy a blank from here http://extraordinaryarcade.com/arcademachines.html and make youre own.

NeoCverA
05-22-2005, 06:17 PM
wow now that thing is just ugly... buy a blank from here http://extraordinaryarcade.com/arcademachines.html and make youre own.

Ugly can be covered with some nice vinyl but $600 for that Jaks pac-man arcade thing? Jesus man thats just wrong.

voodoodoctorx
05-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Ugly can be covered with some nice vinyl but $600 for that Jaks pac-man arcade thing? Jesus man thats just wrong.

agree'd that is a rip, but i bet this tabletop neo books for around a grand and when i said its ugly i wasnt just talking about the art... the cab is fugly as well ;)

NeoCverA
05-22-2005, 06:45 PM
agree'd that is a rip, but i bet this tabletop neo books for around a grand and when i said its ugly i wasnt just talking about the art... the cab is fugly as well ;)

fair enough on the "fugly" but let's see about the cab price.

chris1
05-22-2005, 07:49 PM

I'm sure Chris1 has quite a few table top machines and someone suggested building a Neo one based around a 1-Slot.....

Shame its Emu.....

I'd buy one for the right price...though I'm not "crazy" about the way it looks and Im not into EMU..
I would love to have some type of countertop-tabletop "MVS" machine..
I'm very much into table top machines..

Ngt has a current 1-Slot countertop-tabletop MVS machine project in the works.. :buttrock:

ferrarimanf355
05-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I'd buy one for the right price...though I'm not "crazy" about the way it looks and Im not into EMU..
I would love to have some type of countertop-tabletop "MVS" machine..
I'm very much into table top machines..

Ngt has a current 1-Slot countertop-tabletop MVS machine project in the works.. :buttrock:
I'm pretty certain that the BYOAC (http://www.arcadecontrols.com) community can share plans for a tabletop... :)

chris1
05-22-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm pretty certain that the BYOAC (http://www.arcadecontrols.com) community can share plans for a tabletop... :)

Thank You.... :)

Orochi Iori Y
05-23-2005, 12:52 AM

Yup yup, if you want a mame cabinet just build it, lower cost and it can be how you want it to be... I will be interested to see if SNKP is going to try and sell these or not, will be a bit funny if they do.

NEgO MANIAC
05-23-2005, 12:43 PM
I say just build your own cab. That what I did with my neo cocktail cab and I'm no master carpenter.

Dean
05-23-2005, 01:44 PM

Shame its Emu.....
DevilRedeemed suggested a Pac-Man/Frogger mini tabletop type unit in my "LoadedGun" thread a bit ago and I've been gathering info and some materials to one with a 1-slot in it. I'm thinking small with 5" LCD screen and a swing out back panel with a mounted MV-1B.

Magnaflux
05-23-2005, 01:49 PM
So why not mount an xbox in a little cab? That seems pretty much what we have here.

ferrarimanf355
05-23-2005, 01:49 PM
I say just build your own cab. That what I did with my neo cocktail cab and I'm no master carpenter.
That thing looks... cool. :)

ferrarimanf355
05-23-2005, 01:56 PM
So why not mount an xbox in a little cab? That seems pretty much what we have here.
That's one that I'm thinking about. When the Xbox 360 comes out, I could use an Xbox to MAME a Neo cab or something like that.

Neorichieb1971
05-30-2005, 03:24 AM
Xbox has trouble with ram doesn't it?

ttooddddyy
05-30-2005, 07:38 AM
there are cooler looking mame cabs around :oh_no:

Robert
05-30-2005, 07:45 AM
And what about the legit issue of selling such a cab? Does this company has a Playmore license?

SNKJorge
05-30-2005, 09:36 AM
And what about the legit issue of selling such a cab? Does this company has a Playmore license?

It was being displayed at the E3 Playmore booth I believe,
so I'm assuming yes.

FOMOCO&CO
06-01-2005, 02:46 PM
it looks to be a "must have"

Katsu
06-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Looks pretty cool to me. I dunno about proclaiming "Top Player's Golf' on the side of it though. ;)

-Rob

Ralfakick
06-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Anybody email these guys on their website for more details?

IMTheWalrus
06-03-2005, 04:10 PM
What would be nice is if a company came out with a tabletop system that just needed a board that was JAMMA. Then you could put in an MVS board or some other arcade game in it.

NeoCverA
06-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Anybody email these guys on their website for more details?

I did the same day this thread was started and have yet to receive anything from them.

galfordo
06-03-2005, 04:44 PM
The one listed in the first post is pretty weak. The screen should fill a larger portion of the panel where it is, and the control layout is garbage, IMO. The side art is nice though, although I probably would've chosen different game titles.

The one listed by NeoCvera is much nicer, but with that you basically lose the ability to play all Neo Geo fighters, which stings pretty badly.

NEgO MANIAC's tabletop shits all over both of them.

topher
06-04-2005, 05:19 AM
i emailed the company and this was the response minus personal info (sorry, I love you guys, but can't be too careful!!!)

Should be out in September. Price will be about $400 to $500 retail and
it
will have approx 6 SNK games in the unit.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 9:02 AM
To: info@jazwares.com
Subject: WWW Form Submission

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
(j.topher@netzero.com) on Friday, June 3, 2005 at 09:01:44
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

first_name: chris

last_name:

City: Virginia Beach

State: VA

zip_code:
question box: Saw the pictures of the table-top neo geo cabinet. Just
wondering when it will be released, price, games included...etc.

Thanks, any info at all will be appreciated.

SuperPang
06-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Looks pretty cool to me. I dunno about proclaiming "Top Player's Golf' on the side of it though. ;)

-Rob
My thoughts exactly. If they're only putting 6 games in it, why the fuck is that in there? As a collector I'm tempted but $400-500 can buy you so much more.

VinylBoy
06-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I hope if they do plan to put some fighters on these tabletop Neo Geos that they would at least make a version of the cabinet that does allow someone to hook up two of them together for competitive play. That would be cool.

Still, a tabletop with a 1or 2 slot would have been better.

lachlan
06-04-2005, 09:05 PM
....$500-600 for that....Emulator in a box......what a waste :oh_no:

ivaner
08-31-2005, 03:12 PM
In coin op tv they interviewed the director of marketing for snk and in the end of the video they show the tabletop in action.click here (http://www.coin-op.tv/episodes.htm)

thatdemoguy
08-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Yah i was wondering if that thing was real or not. I saw it when I was at E3 and played on it a little bit. They had Magical Drop 3 running on it at the time. I dont know what other games were on it b/c I walked away from it to get in line to get my Falcoon autograph.

adolink
08-31-2005, 09:31 PM
they forgot to mention at E3 that theres an xbox in there :lol:

oh yeah, thats right emulators are free, dumb fucks!

neo>all
08-31-2005, 09:35 PM
emulators are free, dumb fucks!

no shit? I've been paying for mine :rolleyes:

NeoCverA
08-31-2005, 11:12 PM
I did some simple searches for this shit and found an online retailer featuring the "Taito Game Room Classics Arcade Game" and "SNK Game Room Classics Arcade Game" for 849.99 each due in November.

Taito Game Room Classics Arcade Game
http://shockboxes.crazearcade.com/cvera/JA57030lg.jpg

The Gameroom Classics Taito Edition brings all of the durability, graphics, and games you loved from Taito in the arcades to your home gameroom! A fully-playable machine with a 14-inch monitor, controls for up to two players, and authentic arcade hardware comes direct to you with 10 classic Taito games! Just plug this unit into the wall, and you're immediately ready to go with Bubble Bobble, Arkanoid, Bust-A-Move (aka Puzzle Bobble), Return of the Invaders, Space Invaders DX, Puzzle de Pon!, Rastan, Super Qix, Lunar Rescue and Elevator Action!

Arkanoid, Space Invaders, and Bubble Bobble are some of the most beloved classic arcade games of all time, and you get them and more in this awesome collection.
SNK Game Room Classics Arcade Game
http://shockboxes.crazearcade.com/cvera/JA57010lg.jpg

The Gameroom Classics SNK Edition brings all of the durability, graphics, and games you loved from SNK in the arcades to your home gameroom! A fully-playable machine with a 14-inch monitor, controls for up to two players, and authentic arcade hardware comes direct to you with six classic SNK games! Just plug this unit into the wall, and you're immediately ready to go with such games as King of Fighters '94, King of Monsters, Metal Slug, Top Player Golf, Samurai Showdown, and League Bowling!

Give me a fucking break.

source: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?company=Jazwares

Found another site that is pre-ordering for 744.99 has a little more details (same 6 snk games mentioned)

Bring home your favorite classic arcade games with these affordable Gameroom Classics! This SNK version includes Metal Slug, Top Player Golf, Samurai Showdown, King of Fighters, League Bowling, and King of Monsters! This console is encased in a commercial quality cabinet and includes the full arcade version of each game, run by a fast main microprocessor. Games are played via arcade high quality joystick/buttons on a 14" color screen. Small footprint 18" x 23", only 24" tall, and weighs under 75 pounds! By PVG Tech and Jazwares.

Estimated ship date: November 2005 (subject to change without notice)

Decepticreep
08-31-2005, 11:22 PM
i have issues paying that much for a rom box... i paid $100 for a four player cab...granted, it needs a little work but at least its an actual cab.

greedostick
08-31-2005, 11:31 PM
This shits stupid. It comes with 3 classic games? Why are not all the games classic games? Sounds like trash to me. I bet anyone with a table saw and half a brain could build one of these with the blue prints. Your paying 500+ dollars for some wood and glue. The only way this would be cool is if you had a bar in your house or owned a bar.

Why dont we find the blueprints and make a better one that actually is jamma compatable? And out of something like maple, oak, or cherry wood. Im sure this is some compressed plywood trash.

These peeps obviesly don't know shit or it would at least come with neo turf masters instead of top players golf. Personally I would not buy a product form someone who doesn't know what the hell the people who would be interested in it want.

Tung Fu ru
09-01-2005, 12:10 AM
If I wanted a MAME cabnet, I'd build one. Not pay too much for something I could make the way I want for less than someone else would be willing to sell it for.

Pocketgamer
09-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Although I can't find much information on it. A company by the name of Jazwares (they make capcom action figures) Is bringing out a table top Neo Geo emulator, much like those table top cabs at laundromats. Pics of it can be seen here

http://www.snk-capcom.com/gallery/album10?page=6

Not to sure of the crappy Aussie layout though :shame:

I'll take one please, let them build it I got better things to do! :drool:

VinylBoy
09-01-2005, 10:56 PM
OK, ok... I'm noticing how so many people have negative things to say about these mini machines being too expensive or run via emulation. But there's one thing these nay-sayers are forgetting...

THESE MACHINES WERE NOT INTENDED TO BE PURCHASED BY SOME OVER-CRAZED, VIDEO GAME COLLECTOR WHORE.

It's just like the MVS system... intended for commercial business. Not for the home consumer. The price tag is validated for THAT market. Of course a home user can play these games for cheaper, and you're supposed to do it. SNK/Playmore, Taito and all these other companies aren't expecting anyone of us to purchase this to put next to their rubber blow-up doll of Mai Shiranui (still sealed and in its package).

Honestly... do some of you Neo Freaks prefer living in a constantly despondent, pessimistic state? Is that why you bitch about everything that video game companies do?

RAINBOW PONY
09-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Honestly... do some of you Neo Freaks prefer living in a constantly despondent, pessimistic state? Is that why you bitch about everything that video game companies do?

that is hands down the most logical and insightful comment i've ever seen on this forum.

VanillaThunder
09-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Hmmm...

People bitching about SNK prices on a forum dedicated to the neo, which in its heyday charged $250 a piece for games and $600 for the hardware...

They're now offering an officially endorsed home arcade tabletop for $750.

Something's not right here.. next thing you know people will complain about graphics on the system made for the graphics whore when it came out.. (hence the heft price tag)

You people make zero sense sometimes.

SML
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM

Yeah, but it is a rombox. It's an entry level product, and the price tag doesn't reflect that.

greedostick
09-02-2005, 10:55 PM
We should just end this thread on the note that this product blows!

NeoCverA
09-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Hmmm...

People bitching about SNK prices on a forum dedicated to the neo, which in its heyday charged $250 a piece for games and $600 for the hardware...

Something's not right here.. next thing you know people will complain about graphics on the system made for the graphics whore when it came out.. (hence the heft price tag)

So basically, you pre-ordered.
http://theshodown.homestead.com/files/lollerblader2.gif

NeoCverA
09-02-2005, 11:41 PM
I emailed them AGAIN and this time, got a response:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Just to let you know we are presently in final testing on this item and the Gameroom Classics TM arcade units will be in limited stores around the end of the year holidays. Game selection is not finalized as of today, most of the Table units will feature 6-10 games and we have some floor standing units that will feature up to 20. Retail price is up to the retailer. My best guess will be around $350 to $450 for the table model and $900 to $1000 for the floor standing. The first units out will be with Taito games, (I believe in Bjís wholesale clubs) and soon to follow will be the SNK lineup.

That is all the info I can give you for now.
Thanks for your interest.

Please visit www.jazwares.com for more news on exciting toys from Jazwares Inc.

Sincerely,
Biljana Katic
Customer Service
Jazwares Inc.
1351 Sawgrass Corp Pkwy
Suite 101
Sunrise, Florida, 33323
Tel. 954.845.0800

What I asked:

I recently viewed a clip that showcased the "Arcade Classics" Neo-Geo tabletop machine. When is this unit going to be made available? How many games are included? How much is it going to be? Can additional games be added to it (after purchase)?

VinylBoy
09-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Hmmm...

Excuse me, but where did they mention that this unit was for "home use"? I looked at all of the web site ads and I couldn't remember anything about these units being created for the "home consumer". Maybe I'm just drunk from all of the partying I've been doing from NYC lately, but even George W. Bush with his low IQ, could look at these things and could tell that these table top items were not intentionally meant for any home consumer to buy. Do you think SNK/Playmore and Taito would deliberately shoot themselves in the foot by releasing such an expensive "home unit" while releasing similar, newer games on the Dreamcast, PS2 and X-Box knowing damn well the third party releases are the obvious "cheaper alternative" for today's home market?

Hell... even Neo CvevrA's post which makes an inquiry to Jazwarez about these new systems are calling these table top units arcade machines. Do we get the picture yet??

I may have "zero sense" to you, but at least I can read between the lines. :rolleyes:

soapy_jack23
09-03-2005, 11:50 AM
I read about this awhile back. It was supposed to have 4 games i thought.
The only problem I see with this product is the fact that you can't add more roms etc. in the list of games i think i would only play ss2. and it is for home use since it doesn't have a coin slot. Don't think many vendors will buy a machine that doesn't make them money.

Pocketgamer
09-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I did some simple searches for this shit and found an online retailer featuring the "Taito Game Room Classics Arcade Game" and "SNK Game Room Classics Arcade Game" for 849.99 each due in November.

Taito Game Room Classics Arcade Game
http://shockboxes.crazearcade.com/cvera/JA57030lg.jpg

SNK Game Room Classics Arcade Game

Give me a fucking break.

source: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?company=Jazwares

Found another site that is pre-ordering for 744.99 has a little more details (same 6 snk games mentioned)

849.99 for their sake I hope they missplaced the decimal point two numbers to the right. Hell NO!!! for that price that mini arcade better shine my shoes everyday and wipe my ass. Who's faggot idea is it anyway? We need flame bait, anyone? :very_ang:

VinylBoy
09-03-2005, 05:46 PM
849.99 for their sake I hope they missplaced the decimal point two numbers to the right. Hell NO!!! for that price that mini arcade better shine my shoes everyday and wipe my ass. Who's faggot idea is it anyway? We need flame bait, anyone? :very_ang:

This was an idea from the gaming companies to sell games to ARCADE OWNERS. Not a home user like yourself.

My god, people... haven't we figured this out already? :oh_no:

Decepticreep
09-03-2005, 06:22 PM
This was an idea from the gaming companies to sell games to ARCADE OWNERS. Not a home user like yourself.

if that was the case, where is the coin-mech?

Decepticreep
09-03-2005, 06:30 PM

http://www.coin-op.tv/episodes.htm
watch the one about snk. its ment for home use. its called the game room classic for God's sake.

ferrarimanf355
09-03-2005, 06:58 PM
One thing I noticed: Puzzle De Pon and Puzzle Bobble are Neo titles, right? So why not put them on the Neo bartop too? I know it makes more sense to have them on the Taito bartop, but since they are Neo titles, why not have them on the Neo bartop too? :conf:

VinylBoy
09-03-2005, 08:17 PM
http://www.coin-op.tv/episodes.htm
watch the one about snk. its ment for home use. its called the game room classic for God's sake.

Oh goodie... you found one video where someone said this was for home use. So, I was wrong. Whatever. Read bewteen the lines! You couldn't take a look at this unit and could tell by the price tag that it would make much more sense to put this in an arcade or commercial setting? It could set at the edge of a table at a restaurant the same way as the table top juke box. Perfect entertainment for people who are waiting for their food orders. That would make a hell of a lot more sense than to have a bunch of these at a Toys R Us next to the X-Box & PS2s, waiting for some kid to ask their mom and dad to buy them one.

Like I said before, some of you are just born to complain. If you want to use TEH ROMZ on an X-Box and play Magician Lord and SSII that way, then DO IT and STFU. If you want a nice piece of equipment to do it on that's a little different than the norm then buy the table top unit and STFU. Just stop with the complaining already! It makes the rest of us look just as miserable.

Decepticreep
09-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Oh goodie... you found one video where someone said this was for home use. So, I was wrong. Whatever. Read bewteen the lines! You couldn't take a look at this unit and could tell by the price tag that it would make much more sense to put this in an arcade or commercial setting? It could set at the edge of a table at a restaurant the same way as the table top juke box. Perfect entertainment for people who are waiting for their food orders. That would make a hell of a lot more sense than to have a bunch of these at a Toys R Us next to the X-Box & PS2s, waiting for some kid to ask their mom and dad to buy them one.

Like I said before, some of you are just born to complain. If you want to use TEH ROMZ on an X-Box and play Magician Lord and SSII that way, then DO IT and STFU. If you want a nice piece of equipment to do it on that's a little different than the norm then buy the table top unit and STFU. Just stop with the complaining already! It makes the rest of us look just as miserable.

thats right, everyone is wrong except you. :oh_no: it has no commecial purpose what so ever. no bar owner is going to buy a piece of machinery that really has no purpose, no way of giving him money. same with arcade owners. let me see. lets say im an arcade owner... "Let me buy a really expensive machine that has no financial purpose for me...i'll let kids play games for free!!!" at least the one video i found can back up my statment. youre just talking out of your ass.

Decepticreep
09-04-2005, 12:40 AM
also, he's not just "someone" Mark Rudolph is the director of marketing for SNK neo-geo USA consumer corporation. i think i'll listen to waht he says over your opinion

VinylBoy
09-04-2005, 08:49 AM
thats right, everyone is wrong except you. :oh_no: it has no commecial purpose what so ever. no bar owner is going to buy a piece of machinery that really has no purpose, no way of giving him money. same with arcade owners. let me see. lets say im an arcade owner... "Let me buy a really expensive machine that has no financial purpose for me...i'll let kids play games for free!!!" at least the one video i found can back up my statment. youre just talking out of your ass.

I've talked Mark at the last NY-T event. I volunteered my time to help out with that everything so I met he and two other reps. But to the REAL issue at hand... giving you another education.

Lesson one, Mr. Myopic...
Stop being some mindless, blind gaming troll that takes every word that a SNK/Playmore rep says point for point, without ever looking into the other possibilities. Maybe if Thom MaCann made a video about a new line of shoes, pulls out a pair of Size 12 Adidas sneakers and says they're being made for infants, you'd belive that too at face value. :rolleyes:

Look outside the box, stupid... or can you because you're so stuck in yours?
I know of reastaurants that you can go to where the jukebox & some games are on free play. Same thing for small bars that actually have their jukeboxes and occasionally place their PlayChoice systems on free play as well (and I know this PERSONALLY since I've worked in bars & clubs worldwide for nearly 15 years). You think every person who's forced to go to a laundromat with their children wouldn't mind a few of these machines lying around in a children's center in order to allow them to do something while they focus on getting the clothing clean? There's three different possibilities for this so-called "home, consumer based unit".

Very few people would really go to a restaurant, a bar or a laundromat with the sole purpose to play a video game. However, it can be used as an attraction that can bring them more business. I bet you couldn't believe that you can walk into a builing in NYC right now and pay to play X-Box & PS2 systems in the comfort of a living room-like situation with a big TV, couches and online gaming abilities. Yet, gaming centers with that sole purpose exist right now! "But you're talking out of your ass! Nobody would do that! Those systems are made to target the consumer market..." you'd say like a undiscerning ass... yet, here they are being used in a COMMERCIAL SETTING.

Nothing is more "misleading" than an "obvious fact", son... Regardless of what anything is said on that clip, we already know that the home market gamer (at least the majority of users) is not going to have a use for these table top games at home. COMMON SENSE tells you that. So, in order to find a market for these things, you have to look at other possibilities for this gear. That's why I support my claims. Arcade owners and commercial businesses could benefit from one of those table top units like this.

Lesson two... stop trying so hard to prove someone wrong on a video game forum. It takes your social life away from other time consuming things, such as the games themselves... or girls. Whatever floats your boat.

Decepticreep
09-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Lesson two... stop trying so hard to prove someone wrong on a video game forum. It takes your social life away from other time consuming things, such as the games themselves... or girls. Whatever floats your boat.
you're a hypocrite. and anyways, nobody is going to buy an qusi "arcade" so that little kids can play for free. it would be broke in less than a week. look at McDonald's and the N64 thing. i havent been to a McDonalds that had one working N64, they dont want to spend the money to fix it or replace it. and that ony costs like 100 dollars. and most bar goers dont want to play anything that complicated. most bars here in vegas has 1. video poker machines and 2. a really simple touch screen game machine that doesnt give out money. but, both of these machines cost a quarter. but im glad you are God and knows everything. so i wont question you any further my lord.

Decepticreep
09-04-2005, 12:22 PM
not to mention my post aren't 6 or seven paragraphs long. do you have a social life, hypocrite?

VinylBoy
09-04-2005, 04:10 PM
not to mention my post aren't 6 or seven paragraphs long. do you have a social life, hypocrite?

Being able to type 85-95 words per minute and using an enter key to seperate paragraphs to illustrate points doesn't spell out a lack of a social life, nor does it classify me as a hypocrite. But it shows that when a debate gets hot, you lack the ability to understand anyone else's points and resorts to shallow name calling.

Look at a N64 station and the Table Top Neo or Taito machine. Notice how the parts for a N64 home unit at $100 are much more fragile than the dedicated table top machine. Any moron could tell you that putting a home game system, where the target age of use is from 10 years of age to adult, in a PLAYPEN with slides and rubber balls where the average age is 2-3 or higher, that it's going to break. Besides, where did I state that these machines were going to be at McDonald's? You just assumed that when I stated restaurants. Sad thing is... that's the FIRST name that came to your mind, which leaves me to wonder just how cheap your dates are. But nevermind that...

And "most bars" may charge to play games, but it's not the case in all of them. I've worked in many establishments here in New York and have played all over the world. Some of these games are there for free use on certain days, just to bring in extra business. They have to do something since you have to provide something besides booze for anyone can go to a bar and drink.

And I've never boasted to know everything. I admitted that I was wrong when I stated I never saw anything on the net that showed that these table top systems weren't aimed (to some degree) at the home market. But your follow-up statement was equally inadequate, and you then went on to try and discredit me by saying "everyone is right, except you" and that I was "talking out of my ass". That's rather bold coming from some ignorant, Vegas twit who can't think see the other possibilities of a product, then tries to talk down to peole as if they have actually ran a successful business. When you're ready to talk like an adult, come back and discuss this some more. Otherwise, STFU and go enjoy your Happy Meal.

Decepticreep
09-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Being able to type 85-95 words per minute and using an enter key to seperate paragraphs to illustrate points doesn't spell out a lack of a social life, nor does it classify me as a hypocrite. But it shows that when a debate gets hot, you lack the ability to understand anyone else's points and resorts to shallow name calling.

Look at a N64 station and the Table Top Neo or Taito machine. Notice how the parts for a N64 home unit at $100 are much more fragile than the dedicated table top machine. Any moron could tell you that putting a home game system, where the target age of use is from 10 years of age to adult, in a PLAYPEN with slides and rubber balls where the average age is 2-3 or higher, that it's going to break. Besides, where did I state that these machines were going to be at McDonald's? You just assumed that when I stated restaurants. Sad thing is... that's the FIRST name that came to your mind, which leaves me to wonder just how cheap your dates are. But nevermind that...

And "most bars" may charge to play games, but it's not the case in all of them. I've worked in many establishments here in New York and have played all over the world. Some of these games are there for free use on certain days, just to bring in extra business. They have to do something since you have to provide something besides booze for anyone can go to a bar and drink.

And I've never boasted to know everything. I admitted that I was wrong when I stated I never saw anything on the net that showed that these table top systems weren't aimed (to some degree) at the home market. But your follow-up statement was equally inadequate, and you then went on to try and discredit me by saying "everyone is right, except you" and that I was "talking out of my ass". That's rather bold coming from some ignorant, Vegas twit who can't think see the other possibilities of a product. When you're ready to talk like an adult, come back and discuss this some more. Otherwise, STFU and go enjoy your Happy Meal.

personal attack is the lowest form of debate.

VinylBoy
09-04-2005, 04:18 PM
personal attack is the lowest form of debate.

Like you haven't been personally attacking me?
"You're talking out of your ass"
"You're a hypocrite"
"Everyone's right... except you."

Quoted from your very posts. Who started the name calling and personal attacks? :rolleyes:

Decepticreep
09-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Like you haven't been personally attacking me?
"You're talking out of your ass"
"You're a hypocrite"
"Everyone's right... except you."

Quoted from your very posts. Who started the name calling and personal attacks? :rolleyes:
its ok, i still love you.

VanillaThunder
09-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Excuse me, but where did they mention that this unit was for "home use"? I looked at all of the web site ads and I couldn't remember anything about these units being created for the "home consumer". Maybe I'm just drunk from all of the partying I've been doing from NYC lately, but even George W. Bush with his low IQ, could look at these things and could tell that these table top items were not intentionally meant for any home consumer to buy. Do you think SNK/Playmore and Taito would deliberately shoot themselves in the foot by releasing such an expensive "home unit" while releasing similar, newer games on the Dreamcast, PS2 and X-Box knowing damn well the third party releases are the obvious "cheaper alternative" for today's home market?

Hell... even Neo CvevrA's post which makes an inquiry to Jazwarez about these new systems are calling these table top units arcade machines. Do we get the picture yet??

I may have "zero sense" to you, but at least I can read between the lines. :rolleyes:

OK, simple question to help you out:

WHERE ARE THE COIN SLOTS?

VinylBoy
09-04-2005, 06:47 PM
OK, simple question to help you out:

WHERE ARE THE COIN SLOTS?

Welcome to 24 hours ago. :lol:

shadowfamicom
09-07-2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.arcadeathome.com/viewjpg.php?/images/justin.jpg

here is a custom made one that some1 made a couple years ago

FeelGood
09-08-2005, 02:38 PM

:smirk:

I've talked Mark at the last NY-T event. I volunteered my time to help out with that everything so I met he and two other reps. But to the REAL issue at hand... giving you another education.

Lesson one, Mr. Myopic...
Stop being some mindless, blind gaming troll that takes every word that a SNK/Playmore rep says point for point, without ever looking into the other possibilities. Maybe if Thom MaCann made a video about a new line of shoes, pulls out a pair of Size 12 Adidas sneakers and says they're being made for infants, you'd belive that too at face value. :rolleyes:

Look outside the box, stupid... or can you because you're so stuck in yours?
I know of reastaurants that you can go to where the jukebox & some games are on free play. Same thing for small bars that actually have their jukeboxes and occasionally place their PlayChoice systems on free play as well (and I know this PERSONALLY since I've worked in bars & clubs worldwide for nearly 15 years). You think every person who's forced to go to a laundromat with their children wouldn't mind a few of these machines lying around in a children's center in order to allow them to do something while they focus on getting the clothing clean? There's three different possibilities for this so-called "home, consumer based unit".

Very few people would really go to a restaurant, a bar or a laundromat with the sole purpose to play a video game. However, it can be used as an attraction that can bring them more business. I bet you couldn't believe that you can walk into a builing in NYC right now and pay to play X-Box & PS2 systems in the comfort of a living room-like situation with a big TV, couches and online gaming abilities. Yet, gaming centers with that sole purpose exist right now! "But you're talking out of your ass! Nobody would do that! Those systems are made to target the consumer market..." you'd say like a undiscerning ass... yet, here they are being used in a COMMERCIAL SETTING.

Nothing is more "misleading" than an "obvious fact", son... Regardless of what anything is said on that clip, we already know that the home market gamer (at least the majority of users) is not going to have a use for these table top games at home. COMMON SENSE tells you that. So, in order to find a market for these things, you have to look at other possibilities for this gear. That's why I support my claims. Arcade owners and commercial businesses could benefit from one of those table top units like this.

And I've never boasted to know everything. I admitted that I was wrong when I stated I never saw anything on the net that showed that these table top systems weren't aimed (to some degree) at the home market. But your follow-up statement was equally inadequate, and you then went on to try and discredit me by saying "everyone is right, except you" and that I was "talking out of my ass". That's rather bold coming from some ignorant, Vegas twit who can't think see the other possibilities of a product, then tries to talk down to peole as if they have actually ran a successful business. When you're ready to talk like an adult, come back and discuss this some more. Otherwise, STFU and go enjoy your Happy Meal.

bottom line is $750 for a tabletop rom box with 4 roms is an absofuckinglutely rediculous price. the only thing its missing as far as i can tell is LEDs flashing in unison. better off getting a little tabletop cab with coin slots and putting a mvs board in there. you can play any neo geo game for less than 1/2 the cost! woah!

VinylBoy
09-08-2005, 07:17 PM
bottom line is $750 for a tabletop rom box with 4 roms is an absofuckinglutely rediculous price. the only thing its missing as far as i can tell is LEDs flashing in unison. better off getting a little tabletop cab with coin slots and putting a mvs board in there. you can play any neo geo game for less than 1/2 the cost! woah!

For people like us (especially hardcore gamers who know how to play these games on the cheap), it may seem outlandish. But then again, I also thing $3000 for Metal Slug 1 on AES is also crazy, yet some people think it's worth the investment. I could definitely see more uses for this unit regardless if it's not a traditional arcade game.

Let's REALLY look at this from a hypothetical, business perspective. If I owned my own bar, a few of these machines strategically placed around the building could help me bring in more bar profits by providing a person something to entertain themselves besides sitting around on some pretty chairs, listen to bad music from a broken CD player that randomly skips and praying some good looking chick or dude will pick them up for a quickie. Sure, I wouldn't be making a quarter (or 50 cents) for ever game played, but I could sacrifice that if I knew I had more people buying drinks in the first place. I'm not running an arcade, I'm running a bar where my money is made on alcohol and one drink is about the same price of 20-40 games, so why should I care if every video game machine that blinks and beeps in my establishment has a coin slot for one quarter? If you do care, KNOWING that video games are not your main service, then you're just being greedy. The systems are not only better looking than MegaTouch systems with those cheesy card games, but the games on this table top are more fun to play, can have two people playing together (thereby enabling people to meet up or "meat"... hee hee hee!), and they are FREE. Have you seen the price for a new MegaTouch these days? Try $3850. Don't believe me? Then check here - http://slotsdirect.com/megatouch_new.html

Most people don't go to a bar with the sole purpose to play video games. But if you are worried about the few game nerds that may just use you for a free game... put the units in a part of the bar where it requires a drink or two to be purchased before you can enter. Problem solved.

From some business angles, I can definitely see its possible benefits. The idea is to use these units to lure people in for your real services. From that perspective you can see that $750 isn't a bad investment at all. Hell, bars invest more than that in most sound systems just to play badly selected music from a broken down jukebox, in an establishment where one may not even be able to dance (those who live in NYC know exactly what I'm talking about).

It's a possibility... whether or not some people agree with it or not is their decision. But don't judge me for seeing an item's potential while others are just blinded by the price tag. ;)

FLADIPO
09-08-2005, 07:40 PM
i like this table top arcade classic shit but i cant justify spending more than $400 on it...its just not feasable!

NeoTheranthrope
09-09-2005, 01:22 AM
i like this table top arcade classic shit but i cant justify spending more than $400 on it...its just not feasable!
Looking at the specs for the tabletop I could build it or something very much like it for between $200us and $300us (or even less, because I'm not too proud to go dumpser diving).

If it were an box that was JAMA compatable (and under $400us shipped) I may seriously consider it but it isn't. It's just ULTRACADE's *shudder* shitty little brother.

Edit: Uh, I just noticed something, look at the button layout:
I see an "a" button... I see an "b" button... and I even see an "c" button but something seems missing... see if you can figure it out.

(In all likelyhood, the picture above is not an actual mock-up, If anything, it looks like a poorly done photoshop. Little things like this do not inspire faith in the comany's final product)

Razoola
09-09-2005, 01:54 AM
If it hasen't been said already, that frontend screenshot is from the Nebula emulator for sure.

Raz

NeoTheranthrope
09-09-2005, 04:59 AM
If it hasen't been said already, that frontend screenshot is from the Nebula emulator for sure.

Raz
I don't care about what's been said. Blow the pic up to 400%, look at the edges of the screen and side art. You can see that this is a bad photoshop and not an photograph of working hardware. This could be just a concept and/or marketing pic. Anyway, your missing the point. Look at the layout, it will work for Metal Slug but not KoF...

VinylBoy
09-09-2005, 07:57 AM
I don't care about what's been said. Blow the pic up to 400%, look at the edges of the screen and side art. You can see that this is a bad photoshop and not an photograph of working hardware. This could be just a concept and/or marketing pic. Anyway, your missing the point. Look at the layout, it will work for Metal Slug but not KoF...

That picture may be a photoshop mock-up. But there was a prototype tabletop machine at E3, so that leads us to believe that something is on the horizon.

VanillaThunder
09-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Welcome to 24 hours ago. :lol:

Hmmmm... almost a week later and you're still WRONG.

Heh..

BTW, outside of your mythical world of coinless coin-op, the rest of the world still uses quarters... as do the manufacturers... and this product doesn't have a coin slot.. which means it's aimed at the consumer.

Thanks.

VinylBoy
09-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Hmmmm... almost a week later and you're still WRONG.

You're mind is about as open as a virgin's vagina. I've already explained my piece AND I have worked in clubs and bars that have things like this that DON'T have coin slots. And before you go ahead and make yourself look like a complete ass, keep in mind that I've worked in bars & clubs all over the world as a DJ for nearly 15 years, so don't tell me that it doesn't happen.

Maybe you can't come to grips with the fact that not every person is as simple minded as you, but there are some people that think outside of the box. I've grown tired of explaining my reasoning to stupid people like you, so drop it already.

Decepticreep
09-13-2005, 10:25 PM
I've grown tired of explaining my reasoning to stupid people like you, so drop it already.
grimlock no stupid. me king!!!

VinylBoy
09-14-2005, 01:52 AM
grimlock no stupid. me king!!!

References to extremely stupid cartoon characters will not save you in your attempts to look clever, but it does show that you have EXTREMELY bad taste in television viewing.

But on a happier note... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've just bumped up a dead thread! What is your secret to your failed success in life? Is it a result of being conceived during a commercial break by your inbred parents, or are you REALLY trying hard to show off that amazing IQ of negative seven?

Honestly... :annoyed:

Decepticreep
09-14-2005, 08:53 AM
References to extremely stupid cartoon characters will not save you in your attempts to look clever, but it does show that you have EXTREMELY bad taste in television viewing.

But on a happier note... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've just bumped up a dead thread! What is your secret to your failed success in life? Is it a result of being conceived during a commercial break by your inbred parents, or are you REALLY trying hard to show off that amazing IQ of negative seven?

Honestly... :annoyed:
why are you always so negative? does life suck that bad for you? i extend a hand of friendship.
http://x1.putfile.com/9/25608545065.jpg

VinylBoy
09-14-2005, 09:32 AM
why are you always so negative? does life suck that bad for you? i extend a hand of friendship.

Not negative, but perceptive. VERY perceptive.
You think you're the only one that knew about the Transformers, and how Grimlock was used as the "comic relief" of the story? The "butt of the jokes"? The cartoon has been around for years. Like the 80s. I remember it well for I used to watch it myself when I was a kid.

Now, connect that analogy together with this thread. Obviously, you and VanillaThunder (and probably others that never responded) think I'm crazy for what I've said on this thread. You believe with every inch of your soul that what I said is wrong, and through that belief you found some level of twisted humor in it. From that angle, the label would fit quite nicely... but a little "too nice" for those who may not be able to read between the lines.

If you were being friendly, then you have an awkward way of displaying it. I would tell you what to do with that finger, but then again, if I did then I really would be negative. :rolleyes:

Now, can we either get back to the topic at hand or just drop this thread altogether??!?