NYC/Chinatown Gathering! Pick your date(s)!

I can make it to a Chinatown gathering on these dates:

• Total voters

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
OK, after seeing so many NYC gathering startup and then just trickle away into nothingness, I have decided to shoulder the holster for organizing a new Chinatown/NYC gathering. I am just going out on a limb here, but assume most members here would prefer a weekend over a weekday. Saturday is best for me, so all the poll options here are for Saturdays... but if someone would like to gather on a Sunday, please say so by posting.

The available weekends are:

May 28 (Memorial Day Weekend, I'm assuming this is bad for most people)
June 4
June 11
June 18
June 25
July 9

Multiple Choices acceptable!

Let's get something started soon and within the coming month!

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
June 25 or July 9 is ok for me - cannot garantee anything yet but sofar I am free both week-end.

bokmeow

Howdoin said:
June 25 or July 9 is ok for me - cannot garantee anything yet but sofar I am free both week-end.

That's cool, please put in your choices in the poll once you know for sure.

I have to check against the company calendar myself before I put my options in the poll.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
great idea...I'll post my definites once I figure everything out myself
:buttrock:

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
I'll be in NY this coming weekend including the 28th. So... count me in.

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I may be in town on the 18th anyway, so I'm pretty sure I could make it.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'll be there in September or earlier... I'll make a poll then.

No games for me, we can all go walk about the city and eat somewhere...

bokmeow

Gah, I would have liked to meet up with Blaine... sadly, some job fair shizzle came up on 28 May, and I wouuld like to go to it just for the experience of fielding job interview questions.

Looks like all weekends after that is good so far though.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If I were to come down, I'd probably do it on the days I voted.

It's always 50/50 with me.

It depends on how much Money I have.... I don't like driving into the City. A bus ticket is $60.

bokmeow

norton9478 said:
If I were to come down, I'd probably do it on the days I voted.

It's always 50/50 with me.

It depends on how much Money I have.... I don't like driving into the City. A bus ticket is $60.

You from further up the state? That's a bummer.

Definitely can't make this weekend because of the job fair, but all weekends after this one is fair. I don't mind meeting as many members as possible for competition, and there's greater mobility in small groups.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I might be in the city on the 10th...

But I would have a tag-along and won't be able to stay long.

bokmeow

OK, I just want to keep everyone updated on the Chinatown Fair meet status:

June 4 bokmeow, chezzrok, jaydubnb, tianyuan2k2
June 11 bokmeow, chezzrok, jaydubnb, tianyuan2k2
June 18 bokmeow, DIY, jaydubnb, m_bish0p, tianyuan2k2
June 25 bokmeow, Howdoin, jaydubnb, norton9478
July 9 bokmeow, Howdoin, jaydubnb, norton9478, Tomcat

So it looks like June 4 and June 11 have the same people who can make it, and June 4 looks like I have to work and the weather will be crap, so let's shoot for June 11 meet. I will pm chezzrok, jaydubnb, and tianyuan2k2 with my cell phone number so that you guys can get in touch with me should we fail to meet up at a prearranged spot or someone gets lost.

DIY and m_bish0p can get to only June 18, so I would like to mosey down to Chinatown on that date as well.

Howdoing, jaydubnb, norton9478, and Tomcat can make it on July 9, so that's the third date I wish to meet in NYC Chinatown.

What say you guys to eating lunch and then moseying over to the arcade? I know some kick ass restaurants in Chinatown and in nearby Little Italy that won't break your banks, very very affordable, just make sure you bring cash :)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
OK, I just want to keep everyone updated on the Chinatown Fair meet status:

June 4 bokmeow, chezzrok, jaydubnb, tianyuan2k2
June 11 bokmeow, chezzrok, jaydubnb, tianyuan2k2
June 18 bokmeow, DIY, jaydubnb, m_bish0p, tianyuan2k2
June 25 bokmeow, Howdoin, jaydubnb, norton9478
July 9 bokmeow, Howdoin, jaydubnb, norton9478, Tomcat

So it looks like June 4 and June 11 have the same people who can make it, and June 4 looks like I have to work and the weather will be crap, so let's shoot for June 11 meet. I will pm chezzrok, jaydubnb, and tianyuan2k2 with my cell phone number so that you guys can get in touch with me should we fail to meet up at a prearranged spot or someone gets lost.

DIY and m_bish0p can get to only June 18, so I would like to mosey down to Chinatown on that date as well.

Howdoing, jaydubnb, norton9478, and Tomcat can make it on July 9, so that's the third date I wish to meet in NYC Chinatown.

What say you guys to eating lunch and then moseying over to the arcade? I know some kick ass restaurants in Chinatown and in nearby Little Italy that won't break your banks, very very affordable, just make sure you bring cash :)

Aight, I see if i can work it out.... There's a chinese bakery right on Mott street right?

Mmmm.... Chinese baked sweets with shredded pork and hot dogs.

bokmeow

norton9478 said:
Aight, I see if i can work it out.... There's a chinese bakery right on Mott street right?

Mmmm.... Chinese baked sweets with shredded pork and hot dogs.

Yes, there is... there's lots of Chinese bakeries in Chinatown, and from personal experience they are all quite delectable.

I also like the street vendors for vegetables and fruits... you get some very good deals for great produce.

bokmeow

Just to post an update for the June 11 gathering, I have sent PM to chezzrok, jaydubnb, tianyuan2k2, and provided my cell phone. Call me if you can make it or can't make it.

I think we should get together at about 11 a.m.-noon, which will give us plenty of time to eat, then the rest of the afternoon to hang out, check out pastry shops, play the arcade, etc. :)

errr... Chinatown Fair doesn't open until 12pm. Anyway, I wont be able to come this weekend :oh_no: I am busy in the weekends this month. Maybe next time, sorry :crying:

bokmeow

tianyuan2k2 said:
errr... Chinatown Fair doesn't open until 12pm. Anyway, I wont be able to come this weekend :oh_no: I am busy in the weekends this month. Maybe next time, sorry :crying:

I was hoping to eat lunch before we hit the arcades.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I wish I could come, but I can't. I love China Town...That bakery on the corner is awesome. Get the sticky rice cake balls filled with gooey stuff, so good. They come in different flavors and I think they're only $.50 a piece. Have fun!

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Bokmeow, Chezzrok, myself, and one of my friends got together on Saturday had lunch, and hit up CTF -- good times! We got in some good games with Neo Wave and 98 (which I realize I now HAVE to buy). It was good to be able to POW WOW with others that dug the SNK stuff. Hopefully we'll get together soon for another NG.com gathering and maybe even a few more members will show :smirk:

Neoray

New Challenger
did anyone remember to bring a camara?

if not take some pics of the place and each other playing the games and chilling and post them, now thats memories.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Neoray said:
did anyone remember to bring a camara?

if not take some pics of the place and each other playing the games and chilling and post them, now thats memories.

No cam. Maybe next time.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Hmmm.... sounds like fun. I haven't been to the Chinatown Fair in AGES and I haven't met many people from NG.com. Could be a good way to get myself back into the swing of things with the video games.

Is this happening every weekend (preferrably Sunday since I work on Saturdays)?

Neoray

New Challenger
Maybe we should make another meeting for Sundays.
and this time make it big, I'll bring The cam, just for memories and post them here and on my website, since I'm working on a NEO-GEO story I need some fedback and pics.

How about it.

Last edited:

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Neoray said:
Maybe we should make another meeting for Sundays.
and this time make it big, I'll bring The cam, just for memories and post them here and on my website, since I'm working on a NEO-GEO story I need some fedback and pics.

How about it.

I'd be down.