Where can I buy the connector for a saturn controller

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I do not want to cut up my saturn controller so I was wondering if anyone knew where i could buy the connector for it. I got the schmatic for it and plan on attaching it to my super gun.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
its probably cheaper for you to buy some crappy 3rd party controllers from ebay, and use the cables from those.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'm just wondering why you need a saturn connector for that, you need to internally mod the controller unless you know how to build a decodifying adaptor...

Anyway I might have some leftovers of saturn controllers I modded, including the cable of them with the connector on the end.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
beh3moth said:
its probably cheaper for you to buy some crappy 3rd party controllers from ebay, and use the cables from those.

How would that help, I need the connector that is like the connector on the sega saturn system itself.

Amano Jacu said:
I'm just wondering why you need a saturn connector for that, you need to internally mod the controller unless you know how to build a decodifying adaptor...

Anyway I might have some leftovers of saturn controllers I modded, including the cable of them with the connector on the end.

yes I did mention I have the schmatics for the controller, I know how they work. What I need is the male connector that is on the saturn, the controller connectors are female.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Ah OK, then sorry, I might have the male connectors from the controllers, but not the female one on the console. I think your best solution is to look for controller extension cables. Or sacrifice a non-working console.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Your initial statement is about not cutting up the controller, so we all assumed you meant that end of it.

I have a few dead Saturn system you can have the guts of. I just wanted the cases and the video encoder from them. PM if interested. No charge, just pay for shipping. I could hack off the controller ports (and a bit of the PCB, obviously) if you just want that.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
Your initial statement is about not cutting up the controller, so we all assumed you meant that end of it.

I have a few dead Saturn system you can have the guts of. I just wanted the cases and the video encoder from them. PM if interested. No charge, just pay for shipping. I could hack off the controller ports (and a bit of the PCB, obviously) if you just want that.

Your a life saver D-lite. What shape are the motherboard/ cd rom drive in, I might what those for emergency spare parts. If they are in unusable shape I would appreciate just the connector. Thank for offering them for free and of course i pay for shipping.

Amano Jacu said:
Ah OK, then sorry, I might have the male connectors from the controllers, but not the female one on the console. I think your best solution is to look for controller extension cables. Or sacrifice a non-working console.

My fault i didn't explain myself enough

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
D-Lite said:

Actually, after his further explanation his initial one made sense: he could have cut the end of the Saturn controller, replace it with a standar connector and put the opposite connector in his supergun or adaptor. Anyway it's now clear now and thankfully you can help him :)