NeoWave on PS2 at E3?

Rick

Crazed Addict,
Is SNKPlaymore showing NeoWave for the US PS2? According to IGN and GameSpot, it's at E3 for PS2. Does this mean that a US release is coming???

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Not necessarily. Last year they had SS5 on PS2 at E3, and that never got released here.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
That's because Sony said hell no to the release.
SCEA says no to any thing that is... 2d that looks 'out of date' to them.

Robert

20 Year Member
I will never get used to the fact that SCEA said no to the SS5's PS2 version when you can find PS2 Barbi licensed games in the US.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Well at least it will be coming here like all the rest of the Snkp titles & for £19.99p from the start too :D

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Robert said:
I will never get used to the fact that SCEA said no to the SS5's PS2 version when you can find PS2 Barbi licensed games in the US.

If the Barbie games were 2D and SNK Playmore releases didn't look like as this wouldn't be a problem.

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
SCEA are a bunch of tightasses, for real.

Robert said:

Completely unrelated but... where can I find out more about that Captain Tsubasa card game in your sig? :D

BIG

sony fanboy
I played a few rounds of KoF: NeoWave for the PS2 at the SNK- Playmore booth,and I'm pretty sure it had a US release date.

B-

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
I grilled the booth people (yummy!) -- nothing but metal slug 4+5 is coming out for ps2. SS5 and Re-bout are for the bawks, and neowave didn't have a date for anything as far as I remember. (If I'm wrong, please LMK, though -- I'm still not awake yet)

no poster for me, tho... I had to go on Friday (sad)

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
BIG said:
I played a few rounds of KoF: NeoWave for the PS2 at the SNK- Playmore booth,and I'm pretty sure it had a US release date.

B-

The only NeoWave I saw was a standup arcade cab with wonky sticks and a bizarre 5-button setup.

I only stopped by briefly to play NeoWave, but from what I could tell, SNK only had arcade standups there (lots of SS5s, like last year). Didn't have a chance to check out every single station, so I could be wrong, but I didn't see any PS2 ports/consoles/controllers at that booth.