Are any of these boot carts

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
Had a few spare hours and decided to open up all my MVS carts to check if any are boots. I now know a few things I should look out for thanks to the old boot threads, i.e. checking the solder, odd wires, Eproms, NGH# chips, original labels etc.

I have never knowingly bought a boot and never will, I always do all I can to check that they are legit when buying a cart, i.e. checking the sellers feedback, checking the photo, asking if its original etc. but all have been bought via ebay and I now know its a bit of a risk (so IM a bit concerned).

sorry there's no pictures, and I know its a fairly long list but any help would be great.

DEFFO BOOTS
Puzzle Bobble - I thought it was original when I bought it, how wrong was I :( - All Toshiba NGH#057 (which is WH2 chips) except for C3, C4, M1, S1, P1, V1, V2 are Eproms

NOT SURE (but all solder looks to be factory done)
Aero Fighters 2 - All chips NGH#075 wire on P1 (no brand, numbered only chips)
Fatal Fury 2 - All NGH#047 (no brand, numbered only chips) except for M1 Eprom, EP1 I think is some kind of Eprom but it has no window (solid chip)
Real Bout Fatal Fury - All Chips NGH#095 (no brand, numbered only chips) except C1, C2, C3, C4, V1, V2, all NGH069 (FF3 chips)
Samurai Showdown 3 - All Toshiba chips NGH#087, except for M1, EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4 are Eproms
Samurai Showdown 5 - All chips NGH#264 (no brand, numbered only chips) except V1 has a daughter bord glued on with 4 wires, 1 to V2, 1 on V11 to JV6 and 1 next to JV7
The King Of The Fighters 96 - fake label but there was no photo when I bought it and the seller said it was original - All Toshiba chips NGH#214 except for V1, V2, V3 P5 (no brand, numbered only chips) and except for M1, EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4 are Eproms
World Heroes - All Toshiba chips NGH#053, except M1, P1, P2 all 3 are Toshiba TC544200P-15 VPP 12.5 9110HBK
World Heroes Perfect - All Toshiba chips NGH#090, except C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, V2, all NGH064 (WH2 Jet chips)

ORIGINAL (but just checking)
Art of Fighting - Can see Toshiba chips but Still has tamper proof SNK sticker on the side of the cart seal #065922
Breakers - All Toshiba chips NGH#230
Breakers Revenge - All Sharp chips NGH#245
Galaxy Fight - All chips NGH#078 (no brand, numbered only chips)
Garou Mark of the wolves - All Toshiba chips NGH#253 except EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4 are Eproms but stickered 253 (wire on EP4)
Karnovs Revenge - All Toshiba chips NGH#066
Last Blade - All Toshiba chips NGH#234
Last Blade 2 - All Toshiba chips NGH#243
Magical Drop 2 - All Toshiba chips NGH#221, except M1 NGH#221 (no brand, numbered only chip)
Neo Turf Masters - All chips NGH#200 (no brand, numbered only chips)
Pulstar - All chips NGH#089 (no brand, numbered only chips)
Puzzle De Pon - All Toshiba NGH#202 except for P1 (no brand chip, stickered 202)
Rage Of The Dragons - All chips NGH#264 (no brand, numbered only chips)
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special - All Toshiba chips NGH#223
Samurai Showdown - All Toshiba chips NGH#045
The King Of The Fighters 94 - All Chips NGH#055 (no brand, numbered only chips)
The King Of The Fighters 98 - All Toshiba chips NGH#242
The King Of The Fighters 2003 - All Chips NGH#271 (no brand, numbered only chips)
Waku Waku 7 - All Toshiba chips NGH#225
World Heroes 2 - All Toshiba chips NGH#057 on the top board, Still has tamper proof sticker over screw hole
World Heroes 2 Jet - All Chips NGH#064 (no brand, numbered only chips)

Last edited:
Your buying tactics are working, out of 30 games only Puzzle Bobble is a boot, all the other carts are original.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
is there a list of what NGH# means in relation to the cart?

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
werejag said:
is there a list of what NGH# means in relation to the cart?

Yes, it's in the master list on neo-geo.com

cheers,
-DT

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i have a cart here with no label , where is the number at. sorry i thought i knew where it would be

sorrry i think ive found the numbers

Last edited:

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
werejag said:
i have a cart here with no label , where is the number at. sorry i thought i knew where it would be

sorrry i think ive found the numbers

If you unscrew your MVS cart the NGH# will on the chips