MVS to JAMMA fingerboard

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
I own a Neo Candy Cab with standard MVS wiring. I want to play JAMMA PCBs on it. I have everything figured out except the sound. If I make a fingerboard with Speaker Pos L (pin L) AND Speaker Pos R (pin 10) connected to Speaker Pos (pin 10) on the JAMMA side, and a ground to Speaker Neg (pin L) on the JAMMA side, will it work? If not, hich pins DO I connect? Thanks!

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Just connect one speaker between L and 10, do not ground the speaker (most, almost all jamma boards do not have ground on the speaker)

You would be better off with a switch rather than going to the trouble of a finger board imho

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
MKLs diagram may be easier to follow

MVSJamma.jpg

Position the switch in the most conveinient location, splice off the harness, on the inside of the door on a small angle bracket is good, or maybe next to the test switch- thats the beauty of cabs- what ever takes your fancy

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
MKLs diagram may be easier to follow

MVSJamma.jpg

Position the switch in the most convienient location, splice off the harness, on the inside of the door on a small angle bracket is good, or maybe next to the test switch- thats the beauty of cabs- what ever takes your fancy

I have that setup in my neo 25 and it works great! IMO, go with the switch!

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yeah,

I have Dasfool stereo/mono switch in both my candy cabs as my speakers are 8 ohms. I already spoke to MKL about it & he agrees, only use it if your speakers are 4 ohms. I'm no expert, but the switch I use works great. If you have problems accesing the test menu, you may have to set up a temporty wire jumper between pins 15 & M.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Thanks for the info I have two questions though:

Which wires in the harness go to the speaker negatives? The gounds?
And I assume the three points on MKL's diagram are Ground, Left and Right? Is that correct?