Stuffmonger's so-cal stuffathon!!! September 10, 2005

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Stuffmonger's so-cal stuffathon!!! August 27, 2005

Hi everybody. I threw a small hookup just recently (shoulda given advance notice), and I think I'm going to do another one! This time around, I'll give a few months notice... just to be on the safer side. I think I could fit maybe 20-25 people in... I'll need people to offer bringing consoles and stuff to the tourney, as I only have so much money to buy stuff with. So... here's the rundown:

August 27, 2005 Stuffathon;

Attendies so far:
1 - Stuffmonger
2 - filled (Eric-guy from my work)
3 - NEO G-TRON
4 - open
5 - open
6 - open
7 - open
8 - open
9 - open
10 - open
11 - open
12 - open
13 - open
14 - open
15 - open
16 - open
17 - open
18 - open
19 - open
20 - open

The systems list:
from stuffmonger - 2x-cps-2, 1x-neogeo 2-slot, 1x sega naomi, 1x sega naomi gd-rom, 1x Hyper neo-64, 1x ps2, 2x ps1, 2x sega genesis, 1x NES, 1x amiga 1000 ( :cool: ).

The games list:
from stuffmonger - metal slug 2, fatal fury special, world heroes 2, puzzle bobble, soccer brawl, ninja combat, x-men cota, super street fighter 2, Teenage mutant ninja turtles, tekken 2, run and gun, fighter's history, knuckle heads, desert assault, rabbit punch, columns, garou: mark of the wolves, giant gram 2000, King of fighters 2003, metal slug, metal slug 3, metal slug x, x-men vs street fighter, Alien vs Predator, darkstalkers, buriki one, fatal fury: wild ambition, Samurai showdown 64, samurai showdown 64: warriors rage. (I left out console games... I'll list if asked, but won't if not).

My cabs list:
Neogeo MVS-U4 25" sitdown cab, IREM madonna 25" sitdown cab, converted carnival cab.

The other hardware list:
1x - 21" vga monitor, 1x - 17" vga monitor, 2x - 25" rgb monitor, 1x - 27" hdtv, 1x 27" "old style" (no rca) tv, 1x - 13" "old style" tv.

I'll post only confirmed attendies on the list, and will keep updating as The stuffathon gets closer. Pm or post interest in this hookup... NI!!!

Last edited:

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Well, September is very far away, so I can't confirm 100% that I can be there, but I'd be interested in going.

I have a load of video game stuff I could bring. If anybody has any requests, I might have it.

I think it would be so cool to have a NES Ice Hockey tournament! That's probably one of the most fun two-player simultaneous competitive games on the system.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Alright... we'll have to see who'd be interested in what... I personally have no problem with an NES comp to coencide with the neo... and there'll probably have to be a small fee involved to pay for food and prizes... I'll say what that will be once I get a few people confirmed (it should be $10 or less).

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
A little more than three months away! I've gotten a few "maybes", but nobody has confirmed attendance yet... I was thinking about prizes and such, and came up with these... first place neo - an mvs garou motw loose cart, seccond - art of fighting 2 cart, and for an NES portion, I was thinking of maybe getting a famicom system for the winner... So... pm or post if interested :D .

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Less than 3 months away! I've got a few "probably be there" people, but no "definatelly be there" people, so come on and sign up for it... also, if people just want it to be a "for fun" tournament without a charge to get in, that would be fine (and a little easier on myself, as I wouldn't have to buy the prizes) so, tell me what you guys want to do, and let me know if you'd like to come!

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Alright... I just made a HUGE change in the hookup, and I've also got alot more stuff to offer for the hookup (including my newly aquired cabs :cool: ). I've changed the date forward to August 27, and I've also decided to NOT have prizes and stuff, so that there will no longer be any sort of door fee involved. If anyone wants to bring anything to offer for prizes, that would be fine. Pm or post if you're interested!

aria

Former Moderator
Oddly enough, I may be in LA around that time. If there's a Magical Drop 3 tourney, I will definitely considering showing up to give a demonstration of my skills, conduct a clinic and collect the prize. As I've said before, the MN Magical Drop competition is pretty fierce, but I remain the reigning master.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Oddly enough, I may be in LA around that time. If there's a Magical Drop 3 tourney, I will definitely considering showing up to give a demonstration of my skills, conduct a clinic and collect the prize. As I've said before, the MN Magical Drop competition is pretty fierce, but I remain the reigning master.

LOL... bring it... I've already made people here cry.

aria

Former Moderator
nruva said:
LOL... bring it... I've already made people here cry.

Mwuah-hah-hah... It's ON! And I don't mean Orochinagi.com.

I get back from a month-long int'l trip on Sept. 7th. To make things simpler I made all the arrangements from LA since I plan to go there before. I haven't bought the LA--MPLS tickets yet, so now I know to leave on the 11th.

If Nick is confirmed, and someone either can bring the game or has an MVS so I can bring mine, sign me up.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Hmm, I don't think I'll ever be in California but I would love to play MD3 with you guys, so far I've been able to soundly beat anyone I've played - RevQuixo was reported to be really good

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Bobak!> I have a 2-slot mvs in my u4 cab, so bring your cart on down!
Nruva> you too... come on down!

aria

Former Moderator
AH SHIT!!!

I read the "Sept 10th" in the title, I didn't realize this was now aimed for August.

Sorry, I'm going to be in Shanghai on August 27th. I don't return from my trip until Sept. 7th.

GRRRRR!!!!!!!

I guess I'll have to schedule a game with Nick.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
well... I could do a smaller something on the 11th... but I think that i've got to hit up the superauction on the 10th.

aria

Former Moderator
Unfortunately its too late. Once I realized I had the date wrong I bought my Minneapolis to LA tickets and I'm leaving LA on the afternoon of the 10th.

If Nick reads this again, I challenge you to a game on either the 8th or the 9th of September!