Mars Matrix me love!

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I just bought this game for DC and it simply rocks. After playing it a little while ago during a few credits, I just was disgusted by the difficulty and forgot it. As I just took another DC, I had the opportunity to buy it and so did I.

The first parties were catastrophic to say the truth, because first I'm not at all used to the 60Hz mode, which makes games faster than ever and secondly because it's the most manic game ever. Bullets are flying all over the place at every time, and without a good technic to escape it's instant death. This game's so crazy I even can't understand how someone just thought to create it.

But, after a few hours of pleasure/pain, I finally 1-lifed the first 2 levels. And almost the third. But the main problem comes here. If the first 3 levels are somehow doable, the fourth level is a pure pain in the ass. It's almost laughable to try to dodge thousands waves of bullets non-stop. Even the fifth level is far more easy. So for the moment, my main concern is to try not to loose 5 credits in the 4th level. :crying:

So, this game is so purely addictive it's crazy, I love it and it's by far one of the most exciting games I've played for a couple of month.

PS: Do you know I shooter that is actually more manic than this one? I thought about Radio Zonde, but it's almost the only one I can think of.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
You think getting through the stages is tough, try keeping your combo going. Back when I played this game a lot that's the thing that drove me up the wall. Oh the many hours I put into that game.

The only thing as manic as Mars Matrix would have to be some of the more recent Cave games.

BIG

sony fanboy
Been trying to get a hold of a J-copy of this game for quite sometime now,I love it.

Great soundtrack,also.

B-

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I'd very much like to get that game. It is awesome. :D

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
mars.

I got my cps 2 version today and so far I a am loving it.....
The sound track rocks....

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I remember awhile back I got offered bangaio and mars matrix for 40 bucks. Damnit. :mad:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
More Mars Matrix love here. I'm not a hardcore shmupper but I love the game. The graphics are beautiful and I love the way the enemy bullets are drawn. I recently bought the cps2 version after BIG got me hooked on it. Definitely one of my favorite shooters.

Droid

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Ok, so I'm just terribly addicted to this game, it really scares me. I love it so much I am almost reluctant to play it because it drains so much of my energy and time... But I still suck.

Level 4 is a pure pain in the ass. There's a moment when hundreds of little yellow ships just fill your screen with blue bullets, it's unbarable. I managed to learn how to pass the mega starship boss though.

And, please tell me the 6th world is a joke, because I simply have never seen so much non-stop bullets in a single screen in my all life.

It's hard as hell but damn I love it.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Shmup purists will probably gag when they read this, but everytime I play Mars Matrix I pump in as many credits that it takes to finish it, which for me is a boatload....Are you playing it on 1cc Tristesse?

Droid

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Actually, I bought it 1 week ago so, I really can't 1cc it at this very moment. But still, as I haven't and dont want to unlock the freeplay mode, I just raised the credit level to 9 and managed to finish the game with these 9 credits, what I'm kinda proud of in 1 week.

I 1cced the first 3 levels and managed to pass the 4th level's mother ship in 1 life up to the boss. I'm learning fast. ;)

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
ok, I played a dozen of parties and I have a hard time playing tonight. Though, I managed to finish the game 3 times with the 9 credits, 2 with mosquito 02 and 1 with 01. Playing with 01 is more difficult and I still can't play very well with it. But I keep training and particularly having fun.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Ha ha, that's simply amazing. I lowered the credit count because I wanted to finish it more competitively, so just down to 5 credits. And I finally did it whereas I wasn't able to do it in 5 credits when I put 9 credits in game. Seems like it's psychological after all. ;)

I reached the 4th boss in 1 credit. I killed him in 1 life once.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Finished in 3 credits. The last boss' first form sucked me 1 credit... Anyway. :)