kof XI loke test thread

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
EDIT : sorry should have put this info in the other thread!

info directly from someone who attended:

-duck is in but unplayable
-eiji is in but unplayable
-kula
-kensou
-momoko
-oswald(new)
-elizabet(new)
-kasumi todoh
-b jenet is unplayable atm

-new bgs are great, some beatiful (hokkaido? ice festival stage, and the japanese temple with sakura garden one for example). they are better animated than nbc or neowave but not quite 2k2 or 98 or something.

-weird colors (pink hair and gi ryo???)

-same engine as nbc= feels loose like nbc. doesnt feel like 2k2/2k3/98 etc something i dont like so much.

-wipeout feel/hyper modern interface/bars and loading screens. looks very polished and professional

-40+characters, vanessa, shingo, kula, king, malin, mary.

-no choi.

-looks blurred (sprites) up close ala nbc

-e button is CD move

-too many systems that i didnt read. lots of cancel types and stuff.

-new moves... ryo has a very fast andy style dash elbow. k a new normal HK.

-slower than 2k3 but faster than nbc id say.

-tag in like 2k3.

-move motions have changed for some chars.

-100 sec real speed timer... bit fast atm.

-lots of transperencies and the ingame effects all look nice and polished unlike neowave.

-seems quite smooth animation wise and sprites seem quite big.

-adelheid from 2k3.

-all three bars displayed with 2 smaller below one big one (current character).

more from me tomorrow plus im sure we'll hear heaps from rbjake and 8-1 today :)

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
beelzebubble said:
damn, damn, damn...hope this changes quickly
:confused:

-weird colors (pink hair and gi ryo???)
little jab at a certain Capcom character maybe?
;)

-40+characters, vanessa, shingo, kula, king, malin, mary.
fairly nice-sized roster...

all in all sounds plenty interesting, thanx yet again for all the info beelze
icon35.gif

beelzebubble said:
-oswald(new)

oswald1sml.jpg

Sorry, just had to mention that.

Still, I'm quite pleased that Kula, Kasumi, and Shingo are confirmed to be in the game. Can't wait to hear more as things develop.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
No Choi?!
Talk about messing with a team dynamic. I'd rather have Choi than Jhun any day.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Kula? YES. :buttrock:

Duck, Vanessa, Eiji, and B. Jenet, too? It's turning out to be better than '03's sorry roster already.

And IMO...

Malin >>>>>> Choi

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Korigama said:
Malin >>>>>> Choi

A curse of guix guix and mashed potatoes upon thee!!
I still think Choi is a far more interesting character by far.

If I want an anime-ish character weilding Yo-Yos, I can play Guilty Gear X2 whenever I want.

So far it's turning into the old add for Reeces Pieces':
Dude! You got Chocolate in my Peanut Butter!

Man! You got Peanut Butter in my Chocolate!

*crunch* Mmmmmmm

They keep trying to force the similar on this series.
Dude! You got KOF in my Guilty Gear!

Man! You got Guilty Gear in my KOF!

*crunch* Mmmmmm

Well I say Ick! Ick upon the foul bastardizations of a once proud series!

Le Revolution! Elle este la gerre!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
ahah fucking good info so far. I'm gonna miss choi, but I LOOOOVE jhun's style of play. Cant wait.. Good on them for finally answering some must haves.

edit, read more:

My worry is that they wont have short hops in this. PLEASEEE tell me they have short hops and running.

Man if this is like ngbc, thats gonna be a let down. I dont care so much they yanked choi, its just that the new bad asses arent even playable.

Are the modes like cvs2 grooves? That would be cool if it is..

Korigama said:
Malin >>>>>> Choi

No way man, choi is a king in this series. His x3/x4 juggling and massive damage, cross up tap combos, other mad shit, hes a bad ass. Malin is a wannabe choi since they built her almost the same way, but added those lame sitting projectiles.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
ahah fucking good info so far. I'm gonna miss choi, but I LOOOOVE jhun's style of play. Cant wait.. Good on them for finally answering some must haves.

edit, read more:

My worry is that they wont have short hops in this. PLEASEEE tell me they have short hops and running.

Man if this is like ngbc, thats gonna be a let down. I dont care so much they yanked choi, its just that the new bad asses arent even playable.

Are the modes like cvs2 grooves? That would be cool if it is..

its true. NBC is a KOF variant, or so it appears. I hope this game doesn't become an NBC variant. keep it KOF pleeze.
edit: moveslist
http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/cbbs.cgi?mode=res&namber=921&page=&no=0

edit 2: something about the artwork pisses me off. so far its washed out and lifeless in my opinion.

Last edited:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
and malin is cheaper,with her lame "time up" victories

she is the sister of hinako,so what were they thinking anyway

i don't get why they keep changing the game's engine though

2002,then chaos rivisited for 2003,and now nbc

the "original" engine ( 96 - 2001 ) was the best for me

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
its true. NBC is a KOF variant, or so it appears. I hope this game doesn't become an NBC variant. keep it KOF pleeze.
edit: moveslist
http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/cbbs.cgi?mode=res&namber=921&page=&no=0

The best KOF's are still KOF 95, 98, 2002, NEOWAVE. This is a good amount of games that have excellent gameplay. They need those shorthops or rush down is gone for almost every character. That increase in jump speed is key to certain chars, like 98 yashiro, he would suck nuts without at least decent rush down.

Real ashame if they are missing, since the fucking formula for this series was perfect in 98 and 2002. Why dont they just keep those styles of play and just have a new roster, why do they have to mcdonalds my fucking kof?

Its like they establish a shitty engine and work many titles off it. I feel like im uncovering some kind of lazy conspiracy here, but I know people are damn sick of my whining, but IMO, they shouldn't splice aspect that are already excellent and key to what makes this series what it is.

Its like eating chicken nuggets that are soggy, you can eat them yes, but why?

Damn I want some mcdonalds food right now.

K'DaSH

n00b
KagerouSama said:
No Choi?!
Talk about messing with a team dynamic. I'd rather have Choi than Jhun any day.

I have to disagree. I never liked the presence of choi all that much. I appreciate that he does add a different flair to maintstream fighters, or not your typical fighter. But I'd rather much prefer JHUN anyday. His style of fighting is all based on "kata"or stances. A cool touch and mildly interesting.

Just as Choi was a nice touch back then, they have to keep updating the roster, and reinvent themsevles.(Especially the korean team. Where's May-Lee? :conf: )

Look foward to this KOF. Been a dedicated fan so no matter what they do to the series I'll luv it or learn to luv new things. Thanks for all the info. Please come back with many more after the location test. :glee:

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fran said:
and malin is cheaper,with her lame "time up" victories

she is the sister of hinako,so what were they thinking anyway

i don't get why they keep changing the game's engine though

2002,then chaos rivisited for 2003,and now nbc

the "original" engine ( 96 - 2001 ) was the best for me

Choi can do that time up shit also, I've seen it in a few vids. He just modifies that charge du+D and rushes around endlessly. I dont get why people dont bother with dp's, but its a bitch sometimes. A good choi does alot of shorthop jC cross ups and follows with cB cB sA dm.

Hes very basic, but because hes a tap style bnb linker, he needs to be used perfectly to be successful. I've lost really shitty at times because I got to wild with his bf fD/C x 4 in 98 and 2002. I like his jC qcfB sA sA pressure for guard whores, and the fact he can keep linking off that cxC qcfB, sA sA dm or some shit. I dont use that combo, its to high risk it seems.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Choi can do that time up shit also, I've seen it in a few vids. He just modifies that charge du+D and rushes around endlessly. I dont get why people dont bother with dp's, but its a bitch sometimes. A good choi does alot of shorthop jC cross ups and follows with cB cB sA dm.

Hes very basic, but because hes a tap style bnb linker, he needs to be used perfectly to be successful. I've lost really shitty at times because I got to wild with his bf fD/C x 4 in 98 and 2002. I like his jC qcfB sA sA pressure for guard whores, and the fact he can keep linking off that cxC qcfB, sA sA dm or some shit. I dont use that combo, its to high risk it seems.

a few characters can do that,yeah
even mai
and choi
ok
but malin in 2003 was the worst of them all
imo
people are gonna moan at you ( and me ) if we talk about gameplay stuff in this topic
but...neowave choi is even superior to the 2002 counterpart
crouch C - forward B is a friggin combo !??
and the you can add a standing A and the dm
that crouch B x 2 standing A dm combo you mentioned,right?
...i never do that
it's a lot easier and safer to do standing A x 2,then buffer the dm with qcf A for the 3rd hit
and then hcb + b

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
:eek: Duck King? Yes!

If only bob wilson was in it, the game would be almost perfect.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Thumbs up for Eiji and Duck in this, even if they aren't playable from the get go my bet is that they will be usable either with some sort of unlock in the arcade or they will be playable in teh port I am sure. Hopefully they will become selectable from the get go though... :drool:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fran said:
a few characters can do that,yeah
even mai
and choi
ok
but malin in 2003 was the worst of them all
imo
people are gonna moan at you ( and me ) if we talk about gameplay stuff in this topic
but...neowave choi is even superior to the 2002 counterpart
crouch C - forward B is a friggin combo !??
and the you can add a standing A and the dm
that crouch B x 2 standing A dm combo you mentioned,right?
...i never do that
it's a lot easier and safer to do standing A x 2,then buffer the dm with qcf A for the 3rd hit
and then hcb + b

I do alot of high risk shit with choi, hes my 'for fun char', im not amazing with him.

I hate mai in 2002 man. I dont care as much about 98 in comparison. 2002 mai has the best air game along with choi. Its really hard to deal with a high level mai. I had that shit happen to me, she retreated all over the screen, I found no way to pursue her ass.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
beelzebubble said:
info directly from someone who attended:

-kula
-kensou
-momoko
-oswald(new)
-elizabet(new)
-kasumi todoh

how are they going to be used if they are unplayable :conf:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
They're probably just unfinished, so there's no point in having them playable if they'll just screw up the game, or have tons of missing frames.

Ozwald looks like he might be interesting. Reminds me a bit of an older looking Olaf (from ROTD).

Where the hell is Robert? Also, is Andy returning?

Last edited:

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
fatal fury fan #2 said:
how are they going to be used if they are unplayable :conf:

They're probably just incomplete; they're probably still working on the sprites or something.