$1,000.00 CASH for 7 three digit numbers?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Gentlemen,

Alright here we go! Keep your eyes on this thread because it is going to take the way we think about protos to the next level. It is also going to serve as a barometer for my next plan which will inevitably follow this one. I am going to make this about as simple as it can possibly be. I find that REVERSE auctions always work better when it comes to getting noticed and achieving objectives.

Currently, Eastern Standard Time in the United States is about 12:00AM midnight. This will be the ONLY clock which we will go by. As of this moment, I am offering $1,000.00 USD for the game code numbers for the Xacrow protos. Yes, you read that correctly, the offer is for the GAME CODE NUMBERS ONLY…and NOT the actual protos themselves.

For every HOUR that passes, the offer drops by $10.00 USD. So for example once we hit 1:00AM EST, the cash pot drops to $990.00 USD. By this timeline, the cash pot will have dwindled down to a mere $40 USD within 96 hours (4 days). It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that the longer Xacrow delays, the more money he loses. I thoroughly enjoy turning the tables like this.

For those who must know, the MAIN objective of this experiment is to obtain the actual game code numbers as they are invaluable in completing the game code list. The numbers from Xacrow’s protos would confirm the positions of more then half of the unconfirmed entries, and in turn assist in the placement of the remaining entries through a simple process of elimination. The secondary objective is to redirect a practically dead end lead and to reclassify the general public perception of Xacrow and his alleged protos.

Also keep in mind that Xacrow does not have to actually provide the numbers within the allotted time in order to get his bounty. All Xacrow has to do is ACKNOWLEDGE this thread and ACCEPT the offer. At that time, the clock freezes as he and I negotiate the terms under which the acceptable forms of proof will be provided to me. (Xacrow and I have exchanged emails so he can do so privately if he chooses)

Following a successful and mutually satisfying resolution, the game code numbers will then of course be provided to everyone by me. Granted, unless possible stipulations placed by him would prevent me from doing so but I couldn’t see why. Furthermore, completing this agreement would place us at a new level of cooperation with Xacrow which could of course lead to more things down the road.

Well, let’s see what happens! In any event, its better then sitting around and doing nothing.
:confused:
Regards,
Billy Pitt

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Didn't you already try something similar to this and Xacrow didn't bite?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Sooner or later, something will work.

300wins said:
Didn't you already try something similar to this and Xacrow didn't bite?

Well I tried this with some sap on the mame forums but not with Xacrow himself. And also for the record that actually did achieve my second objective.

:kekeke:

Billy

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
lol, i'm sorry but this would only make me not want to give you the numers even MORE! Seeing you squirm for the numbers would be reward enough for me. I kinda hope he doesn't submit to your form of control.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Those mystical three-digit numbers really get you sexually excited, huh?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This is Xacrow's PM box now?
BTW, your reverse auction is silly because the peak of interest will only be at the open of it.
I believe you should start at one thousand and work your way up to yield the results you seek.
+1
-BB

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Shouldn't you be dumping roms? Oh, wait SNKP is out of the MVS business. :kekeke:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
SuperGun said:
Gentlemen,

Alright here we go! Keep your eyes on this thread because it is going to take the way we think about protos to the next level. It is also going to serve as a barometer for my next plan which will inevitably follow this one. I am going to make this about as simple as it can possibly be. I find that REVERSE auctions always work better when it comes to getting noticed and achieving objectives.

Currently, Eastern Standard Time in the United States is about 12:00AM midnight. This will be the ONLY clock which we will go by. As of this moment, I am offering $1,000.00 USD for the game code numbers for the Xacrow protos. Yes, you read that correctly, the offer is for the GAME CODE NUMBERS ONLY…and NOT the actual protos themselves.

For every HOUR that passes, the offer drops by $10.00 USD. So for example once we hit 1:00AM EST, the cash pot drops to $990.00 USD. By this timeline, the cash pot will have dwindled down to a mere $40 USD within 96 hours (4 days). It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that the longer Xacrow delays, the more money he loses. I thoroughly enjoy turning the tables like this.

For those who must know, the MAIN objective of this experiment is to obtain the actual game code numbers as they are invaluable in completing the game code list. The numbers from Xacrow’s protos would confirm the positions of more then half of the unconfirmed entries, and in turn assist in the placement of the remaining entries through a simple process of elimination. The secondary objective is to redirect a practically dead end lead and to reclassify the general public perception of Xacrow and his alleged protos.

Also keep in mind that Xacrow does not have to actually provide the numbers within the allotted time in order to get his bounty. All Xacrow has to do is ACKNOWLEDGE this thread and ACCEPT the offer. At that time, the clock freezes as he and I negotiate the terms under which the acceptable forms of proof will be provided to me. (Xacrow and I have exchanged emails so he can do so privately if he chooses)

Following a successful and mutually satisfying resolution, the game code numbers will then of course be provided to everyone by me. Granted, unless possible stipulations placed by him would prevent me from doing so but I couldn’t see why. Furthermore, completing this agreement would place us at a new level of cooperation with Xacrow which could of course lead to more things down the road.

Well, let’s see what happens! In any event, its better then sitting around and doing nothing.
:confused:
Regards,
Billy Pitt

Billy,

Take your $1000.00....

Divide it up into 5 $200 increments...

Go to Craigslist

Get some hookers.

Seriously.... this is pathetic.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
This thread makes a lot of sense. Let's say Xacrow sees how desperate Billy is for his proto numbers, but the auction had dropped down to $800. If Xacrow has an ounce of sense and the safe assumption that he's the only one with the goods, why wouldn't he wait, at minimum, for Billy to start sweating again and put the auction up anew?

SuperGun said:
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that the longer Xacrow delays, the more money he loses. I thoroughly enjoy turning the tables like this.
Or maybe he just doesn't give a damn and would rather see you squirm in front of everyone here? Most people get irritated if they're nagged and pestered consistently. He's probably smart enough to realize that if he twisted your arm and sent you some prototype pr0n with the numbers censored out, you'd cough up the $1,000. I don't know you as well as others here, but the tone of your post is off-putting. He has something you want more than you have something he wants--you're not in any position to smirk.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Ely13 said:
+1 for a War Room move.
no Ely13. this won't head to the warroom - there's nothing wrong with the thread in itself, or the replies to it.
haha newbies..

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
I didn't think it would. I just posted that as sarcasm, given that the quality of this thread rivals your average War Room post.

Anyway, I had hoped all this emulation community-esque drama wouldn't be on these boards.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Ely13 said:
Anyway, I had hoped all this emulation community-esque drama wouldn't be on these boards.

WTF are you talking about? Emulation <> protos.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Not in a direct sense, but the whole 'he's hoarding dumps, he should share!' attitude. Granted, SuperGun isn't asking for anything for free, but the attitude of entitlement is there.

shir0

Later, Gumm0
Xacrow or whatever the fuck his name is would be smart to wait it out, tempt
the faggot with blurred pictures getting more and more money.

For as much as some of these games go for, 1000 is chump change.

Edit: Whoa shit I did not realize this was just for some numbers. What an idiot.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
How much money will it take to have you leave the Neo "community" for good? I think we could pool more money than you could raise to get protos released.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Hostility, why?

NeoTurfMasta said:
How much money will it take to have you leave the Neo "community" for good? I think we could pool more money than you could raise to get protos released.

I think some of you guys need to chill out a little bit. Insulting me or my idea is of course your own free option to do as this is an open forum, but I think I have every right to start a thread here and there as much as anyone else around here.

Unlike most of you guys with over 1,000 lifetime posts and who knows how many countless and pointless threads, I have only 150 or so posts, the vast majority of which were of a helpfull and contributing nature. This is one of the only topics for which I have a passion for and for which I enjoy discussing here on these forums. Xacrow may or may not respond to this particular motion, but regardless of that at least it is SOMETHING.

Also don't forget, as I stated in my original post, this is a barometer. What happens here determines what happens next. In any event, if you don't like the thread or the author, then just ignore it. There are plenty of other threads for you to read here at this site.

Billy