Saturn Help Please!!!

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I purchased a Sega Saturn S-Video cable off of Ebay and all I get when connected is stereo sound. I get no picture at all. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

GAMEFAN

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
You could start by checking the continuity with a test meter between the svid luma pin and corresponding connection at the consol side. Not shure of the consol pin out.

/------\
| 3 4 |
|1 2|
\ -- /
------

1 = Luminance ground
2 = Chrominance ground
3 = Luminance (Y) + sync
4 = Chrominance (C)

http://www.gamesx.com/grafx/satpin.jpg

Maybe a duff lead :(

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
It's a very good chance there's a bad connector... s cables are known for having terrible connectors that wear out quickly, and just plain old suck.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I am just going to buy another cable and hope that works. Thanks everyone for the responses.

GAMEFAN

Dj5ky

n00b
Sega Saturn Help!!!

Hi, I recently bought a sega saturn off e-bay from japan to australia, but upon receiving the set, it would not power up at all.. power button does not work! does anyone have any kind suggestions? I am really in need of some help. Thanx

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
To start out with, I sincerely hope you are using a step down converter. Japanese systems are 100V and the outlets in Australia deliver 220V. No step down = kaboom.

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
It will stink of burnt capacitors if its fried.

If you don't know what that smells like, you soon will! :lolz:

I think the PSU on a saturn is on a seperate board, so you could in theory buy an Australian Saturn and put a 220v PSU inside the 110V Japanese saturn.

Dj5ky

n00b
Hi guys,

Thanks for your response.. I did put a currency converter in place so I don't think that is the problem.. also, there are no signs of the stink stench of burnt capacitors being suggested.

May I know what is a PSU ?
------------------------------------------

Is there some out there who sells these things?

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Power Supply Unit.

On the saturn its internal, so you have to open the machine.. Its quite messy inside a saturn.. lots of parts, boards, cables etc.

Should be on the left side if facing the front.

No power at all suggests to me its a simple fix.