S-C.com To Open Again? WTF?

aria

Former Moderator
This was posted in the thread announcing its sudden closure.

Something Dash said:
Posted in S-C Revenge

TRIEU said:
The last few months have been hellish and stressful for me to say the least. It would've been nice to re-open www.snk-capcom.com on our second anniversary, but it wasn't our call on timing.

To make it short, we've resolved the issues and will reopen tomorrow, around 10 pm, EST.

We appreciate the support everyone has given us, especially KDash for making such a splendid site to keep the community together.

Not to offend anyone, but if you all wouldn't mind, please layoff the questioning about what happened. I personally, have been through alot and am stressed out to a level I've never felt. As a reminder, it's a confidential legal issue, so that expanation speaks for itself. Chris, who is co-partner in s-c.com doesn't even know the details, so anyone else should not feel left out.

A good friend of mine passed away recently, so there is a reason for my crabby and slightly unstable state of mind. He was a special person who was completely unselfish and would want all of us to move on and live life. In this sense, let's just continue talking about the games we're passionate for.

I can only say I'm glad E3 is coming soon to sooth some of this depression.

Regards,

TRIEU

This events turn quickly. Now they will reopen. What will happen next? Partial close? Partial Re open? Offers?

I don't know what to think... I am sorry about his loss and problems, but really this is weird. :spock:

What?

To hell with weenie excuses. The more partisan members on this site initially sniffed the possibility of this "re-openning" stuff, but I refused to believe them...

Now I join them until proven otherwise: I call Publicity Stunt!

Why did it close?

Why, why, why, why?

None of us here could figure it out, and we've got some pretty smart and experienced people.

What legal issues could possibly have come up?

here's a repost of the legal summary from the last thread:
Legal issue?

Let's see what legal issues could (even in theory) be on the table:

- ROM dealing? This would make a lot of sense, but I know that site was as hostile towards ROM trading as this one, so no -not in this case.

- Artwork? theoretically possible, but I doubt it. Every game site rips artwork and the companies don't mind because it generates interest in their products.

- Trademark? Again, theoretically possible, but it wouldn't make sense because the site didn't pretend to be SNK or Capcom. They weren't confusing consumers or weakening the SNK or Capcom mark, right?

- defamation? hah-hah, no. If that happened we'd all go down :D

- Contract dispute? The problem is I can't figure out over what. Hosting? Vinh already said he's got more than enough money to keep the site running, so this doesn't really work. Also, his store is still functioning so clearly it didn't have to do with any of his business stuff.

All of this talk of him having enough money to run the site seems to go against whatever other legal issues that could be thrown up there. I just don't think it's legal (or even a publicity stunt, this would ruin a site's publicity, never help it and Vinh's smart and knows that).

Anyone got any opinions or theories? Any other people with legal backgrounds other than the four in our own mod squad (geddon_jt, wasabi, FTL & I)? Anyone without want to also venture a guess? It's a community issue so all are welcome to chime in.

The case is wide open for speculation.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I say just leave the dude alone, fuck it.

aria

Former Moderator
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I say just leave the dude alone, fuck it.

I thought that way for about a half-second, then I realized: "What if we had pulled this shit?"

We'd never hear the end of it.

[EDIT: I added the legal speculation I did in the last thread into my first post]

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I thought that way for about a half-second, then I realized: "What if we had pulled this shit?"

We'd never hear the end of it.

Yeah, but trieu hasnt really attacked me personally. I dont think its my business to be honest, I mean only thing he did that bugged me was those garou sketches. He should just be more honest with his plans.

My friend said it best 'All lies will be revealed'

Believe me, I learned this lesson the hard way.

"I can only say I'm glad E3 is coming soon to sooth some of this depression."

On the flip though, that comment is kind of creepy. I personally wouldn't bring my friends into this shit, dead or alive. Thats just me tho.

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I agree with LWK. If you're not happy about this, then ignore it... Especially if you think all they want is attention.

I'm neutral on the issue personally, and will keep visiting S-C.com from time to time. I'm not mad at all over this or anything, it'll just be like it never happened.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Kind of sad we wont see some sc's older members posting here no more.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
attention%20whore3.jpg

Had to repost the classic.

BIG

sony fanboy
This is absurd...

IF S-C.com does make a comeback,then why the fore closure?:annoyed:

B-

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Used to be a member and posted the first year I was registered but stopped eventually but usually visited the site.

I thought SC dying would effect me more than it did. I guess I didnt really care. The site was GREAT for news, but shit for strategy and a lot of kids.
But I guess the young ones were cool since at least they arent fucking mainstream 'gamer' kids.

There were a lot of idiots tho like all forums but many of them were way too obsessed with game story, plot, art and other stupid shit which was kinda annoying and gay. I played some members from that site in KOF and I was surprised how little they knew about playing the game well.

And yeah Trieu sounds like an ass indeed. And I also hate teaser bullshit ESPECIALLY if there is no follow through.

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
BIG said:
This is absurd...

IF S-C.com does make a comeback,then why the fore closure?:annoyed:

B-

...and why not just tell everyone to sit tight until the return comes about? Any legal/personal issues aside, this just doesn't look right

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Fuckin wierd man.

I say just leave the man alone. I don't need to know his personal life.

I really don't care much for Vinh anyway.......kind of an asshole.

In the end, if S-C.com comes back it will be great. It was a good site.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
LOLZ :kekeke:

S-C.com and Japan Games Now must get together to discuss business procedures.

Anyway, arcadeshock is still a great store, and that's the site's main appeal, IMO.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
galfordo said:

Anyway, arcadeshock is still a great store, and that's the site's main appeal, IMO.
lol.... eh?

You saying the next thing we'll see is s-c.com on Ebay for 1 MILLION DOLLARS?

Doesn't sound like legal problems though. Why spend all tha time taking down a site, and reopening it... not to mention pissing off your fan base. If it was a publicity stunt, its a bad one... and I doubt it helped the site at all....

If it were legal problems, you think they would have kept it down low.... Honest or not.... its not a good move for a place to admit legalproblems... UNLESS the foreclosure is imminent and someone is litigating your pants and shirt from your back. (at least IMO).

Bv

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I never went there before and I still wont go there. No big deal to me.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Bluevoodu said:
lol.... eh?

Doesn't sound like legal problems though. Why spend all tha time taking down a site, and reopening it... not to mention pissing off your fan base. If it was a publicity stunt, its a bad one... and I doubt it helped the site at all....

If it were legal problems, you think they would have kept it down low.... Honest or not.... its not a good move for a place to admit legalproblems... UNLESS the foreclosure is imminent and someone is litigating your pants and shirt from your back. (at least IMO).

Bv

Well, the thing is... none of it makes sense.

Legal Problems? You'd keep it quiet!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Bluevoodu said:
lol.... eh?

Bv

I've already called my Visa company to extend my line of credit - I hope he takes Paypal by credit card ... :kekeke:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Spike said:
I never went there before and I still wont go there. No big deal to me.

Ditto for the most part...went there a few tiimes to check the selling threads to see if I was missing anything...only to see repeats of all the selling threads here.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
galfordo said:

hahaha

I guess whatever lay behind the closure will become evident in due course, when the site reopens. it'll be a case of deducing from how the site functions upon its reopening which may expose the true motives behind the initial closure, be they for publicity, financial, or legal reasons. the proof as they say, will be in the pudding.
I personally don't think the site 'mattered' that much anymore - since Capcom have taken themselves out of the arcade scene, it left the site unfocused and disorientated. I'm betting there will have been some major changes made during the 'down time' - maybe a couple of dealings behind the scenes and whatnot. a bit of drama never hurts, right?

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm glad to see the site coming back, but I still want to know what the hell happened.