What ever happened to Seibu Kaihatsu?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
The creators of the Raiden series for thos of you who don't know. What other games did they do? Are they still alive? Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Seibu Kaihatsu is BACK! :D

They're making RAIDEN III for the Taito-X board.

The board has some major support at the moment from names like Treasure, SUCCESS, Moss, Eolith, and so on.

Shame none of the work on this board will likely ever made it over here. :( Awesome anyway though.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
That's sweet! It's good to see they're still kicking. They should release a Raiden Fighters collection. Raiden Fighters 1 and 2 are awesome.

ord1000

Crazed MVS Addict
I had a chance to play Raiden III earlier this year and it was great. I've got my fingers crossed for a port.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I want to play it badly now. Any good site with screens or videos? Does SK have a site?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Never heard of moss. What else do they do? Why didn't SK do Raiden III?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Here's a nice overview of Seibu's early games on the Next Level forums: Seibu

I agree with the posters there, Seibu is not dead yet, they're just dormant, but it seems the core dev team who worked on the Raiden series eventually split up. Perhaps some of them went to work for Moss, don't know about that, but it's quite likely.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
This Seibu/Moss stuff sounds like that old company-goes-bankrupt-and-is-bougut-by-someone-and-gets-his-name-changed story.

Last edited:

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Exactly, they just didn't make it obvious by calling themselves Seibu Kaiplayermore Inc. Limited Japan.