Akumacombos Team Vol.4 already out ! - Plenty of SNK on it ! -

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The new video is here with plenty of SNK games on it.

Real Bout Fatal Fury
The Last Blade
Various KOF's

Plenty of Capcom too.

All full-life combos !

MAXIM DAMAGE !!!!

Download

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Just noticed it now,

The video has Neo-Geo.com mentioned on the Special Thanks !!!

This has to be the best video edit I have seen in any Combo Vid.

Absolutelly top.

Discuss.

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
The intro was too long but then the combos are hawt. They even put in some Slammasters 2.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Too bad I don't like combo vids. I only like the 'boring' tournament mind game
match-ups.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
xtoo_short20x said:
match-ups.

Agreed.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Im starting to get burned out on exhibition shit to.. I have a whole 2002 combo vid recorded, when my capture tool expired I just said 'fuck it' tourette's guy style and its just a sitting project at this point.

Other then a actual art form its more of a ego trip at this point, and some of shit I see im not sure is being done legit style.

I mean, when I'd do mine I did my shit myself on a ms sidewinder pad, no rapid fire, no macro bs.
I would have to do certain things a countless number of times on that pad, tapping on any pad is a worthless thing. I had to do certain takuma combos alot to get what I liked and I am so hard on myself in the eyes of the more insane exhibition that I wouldnt put all my shit I could do in there.

I play people online who use rapid fire, some dudes using some macro shit, its so fucking annoying cause you cant give anyone respect unless you really know the player.
Sad state of things.

I was thinking of switching things around with this useless exhibition shit and actually making vids showing different styles of mind games techniques you can use to own. I could throw together a really nice clark vid if I ever get a capture tool as decent as techsmiths camtasia was, it expired and its gonna cost like 300$ to own that software legit style, so I bailed.
I was taught clark by a really good clark player, and then I found some of my own shit thats just brutal, once he sweeps your ass and your waking up, if used right he can destroy any char, athena and mai included.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I remember the SVC combo video, I think it was called 'junction', anyhow, there was so much stuff in that video that you could never actually do. So I wonder why people even bother to make videos like that? Sure the stuff might look cool, but it's not real, but maybe everyonen doesn't think the same way I do.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Tell your non fighter-playing friends the footage is from Namibia Nationals, and that's only the tip of the iceberg =D

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Im starting to get burned out on exhibition shit to.. I have a whole 2002 combo vid recorded, when my capture tool expired I just said 'fuck it' tourette's guy style and its just a sitting project at this point.

Other then a actual art form its more of a ego trip at this point, and some of shit I see im not sure is being done legit style.

I mean, when I'd do mine I did my shit myself on a ms sidewinder pad, no rapid fire, no macro bs.
I would have to do certain things a countless number of times on that pad, tapping on any pad is a worthless thing. I had to do certain takuma combos alot to get what I liked and I am so hard on myself in the eyes of the more insane exhibition that I wouldnt put all my shit I could do in there.

I play people online who use rapid fire, some dudes using some macro shit, its so fucking annoying cause you cant give anyone respect unless you really know the player.
Sad state of things.

I was thinking of switching things around with this useless exhibition shit and actually making vids showing different styles of mind games techniques you can use to own. I could throw together a really nice clark vid if I ever get a capture tool as decent as techsmiths camtasia was, it expired and its gonna cost like 300$ to own that software legit style, so I bailed.
I was taught clark by a really good clark player, and then I found some of my own shit thats just brutal, once he sweeps your ass and your waking up, if used right he can destroy any char, athena and mai included.

Yeah, the point of mind games is totally diferent from this video.

However, the production of this video is incredibly good. Worth a try to watch it.
It makes me wanna try combos like the ones in there.

What's the point on exhibition vids ? Letting you know that those combos are possible on a versus match. And I already presenced a tournament with a GODLY KOF2000 player who could do such impressive combos ( a lot of 100%'s ).

If you wanna contribute with some combos, I'm sure Akuma Team will host them for you. :)

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Atrophyed said:
However, the production of this video is incredibly good. Worth a try to watch it.
It makes me wanna try combos like the ones in there.

What's the point on exhibition vids ? Letting you know that those combos are possible on a versus match. And I already presenced a tournament with a GODLY KOF2000 player who could do such impressive combos ( a lot of 100%'s ).

Exactly. The point of combo videos is to give a visual extrapolation of the game engine's capabilities. Chances are in a vs match you might not be pulling off strings quite so fancy as what you download on the internet but you will probably find yourself in the situation where you can at least get some of it out. As I wrote on my old web page: "innovation, with stimulation, is what yields the best results" and that's what I like about massive combo videos. They stimulate the mind of he who seeks to improve his skills and thoughts as a fighting gamer. Plus some of us are relegated to playing the computer you know, where it's far more possible to set up these mega kills, which if nothing else are simply fun.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I know the purpose of the vids, its just that there are so many now. Everyone is doing combo vids now. Its cool and all, but I dont play more then 3 fighting games at one time.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Alpha 2 represent!!

Nice video, I like a combo video with a variety of games and where you can hear the game SFX/voices.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I know the purpose of the vids, its just that there are so many now. Everyone is doing combo vids now. Its cool and all, but I dont play more then 3 fighting games at one time.

It's a point of view I can share with you.

But there's also another point of view you have to keep in mind.
There are a lot of combos of MANY games because there are a lot of PLAYERS who play MANY games too.

I for instance am playing a little of everything nowadays, mainly because I seek lots of national tournaments ( KOF98, GGXX, SFA2, SSF2T, CVS2, MOTW... )
I'm getting better on the ones I play less, coz I'm already experienced on other games, and I'm always trying to improve my skills.

5 / 6 months ago I was playing terribly bad with RBFF Terry in KOF98. With the help of these combo/match vids I've learnt to master him. I needed a decent 3rd char in my team, so I've found him thanks to vids like these.

There's always good views in both match and exibhition movies.

Hope you get my point of view Mr. LWK :)

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I liked it. The opening was real long as someone else stated. Since I had never seen any of these I thought it was great. I hated the music though...

Holla.

Last edited:

Akuma

n00b
Thanks for the inputs guys, the video edit of this Team Vol.4 toke me almost 2 months and we had all kinds of combos (all full damage) from several levels like: big combos, huge combos, short combos, infinite combos, etc..

There was combo makers from several contries with a big knowledge from in several games (from SNK and Capcom)

As far the start of the vid beeing long: I understand that, and the musics used: I had a hard time to get soundtracks that fit into the combos part.

If I make another video edit in the future (maybe before Xams time) I will try to improve my small edit skills, once again thanks for the inputs :)

www.akumacombos.com

Atrof: thanks ;)

Last edited:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
match-ups.

What are the best sources for those types of vids? :drool:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
ForeverSublime said:
What are the best sources for those types of vids? :drool:

www.a-cho.com is pretty cool for match versus.

you can find a lot of variety of fighting games overthere.
Too bad they don't host for too long the matches.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Atrophyed said:
It's a point of view I can share with you.

But there's also another point of view you have to keep in mind.
There are a lot of combos of MANY games because there are a lot of PLAYERS who play MANY games too.

I for instance am playing a little of everything nowadays, mainly because I seek lots of national tournaments ( KOF98, GGXX, SFA2, SSF2T, CVS2, MOTW... )
I'm getting better on the ones I play less, coz I'm already experienced on other games, and I'm always trying to improve my skills.

5 / 6 months ago I was playing terribly bad with RBFF Terry in KOF98. With the help of these combo/match vids I've learnt to master him. I needed a decent 3rd char in my team, so I've found him thanks to vids like these.

There's always good views in both match and exibhition movies.

Hope you get my point of view Mr. LWK :)

Nah I know man, but thats obvious. They're gonna be useful to others who dig other games, but speaking personally for me, at this time its all about SF III 2I, KOF 98 and 2002, no other games.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,

Limit your downloads then :) I know what you mean really, I just hardly ever bother downloading so the odd big new one here and there is welcome to me.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Checked out the vid. I was listenening to the music for Thunder force 6 someone posted in the shooter forum and closed it right when the vid popped up after it was finished downloading... I was thinking... what the hell is wrong with my media player? Heh, TF4.

A few suggestions and reinforcements of what people have mentioned:

When making an informational video cut right to the chase. Intros work for entertainment purposes to set moods and give background info, but it doesn't quite work as well with informational media. As someone also mentioned, it hurts the download time.

Use starwipes, ripples, and other such effects sparingly. You'll cringe 10 years from now when you see that. Also, adding foreground effects can be a hard line to walk (anything that detracts from the original artists' work can be a bit of a snub).

You're production was of good quality for someone who quotes himself as possessing "small skills". I really enjoyed the music change at 7:57.

As for the vids, it's nice to see what people can do. I'm a bigger fan of the 100%'s that keep a guy in the middle of the screen as opposed to the edge... I think Art (Kim Kaphwan) had a legit one (of course, against the giant sprite of Chang). I despise the 100%s that are just a repetition of the same moves over and over.

Thanks for the vids!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
For those who haven't D/L it :

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.akumacombos.com Port 80

:glee: