CHAOS FIELD GAMECUBE coming to US!

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
http://cube.ign.com/articles/610/610956p1.html?fromint=1

Notice how of all the versions of the game that exist, the GC is the only one called "Chaos Field Expanded" (even seen on the cover they show at right) yet IGN contemplates whether the GC version has anything extra.

This shmup isn't GREAT, but it's above average and I enjoyed it. Never imported any version of it myself so I'm looking forward to this.

Now some awesome publisher has to bring Star Soldier and Shikigami no Shiro II here and I think that covers every GC shmup?

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Looks like it will be a fun shooter.

GAMEFAN

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Good news. Because of this, I'll probably check it out. Hopefully it'll be budget priced...?

A2ath0th

n00b
I have the jap version of chaos field expanded and I must I love this game, it is not as well designed as ikaruga for example, because graphics are not really detailed but it has a great gameplay inspired by many games such as radiant silvergun for the sword

shooters fans have to test it because it's not so bad :glee:

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
subcons said:
Good news. Because of this, I'll probably check it out. Hopefully it'll be budget priced...?

It should be pretty cheap since its not "mainstream 3d crap"
just look at R Type final......now its $9.99 at Toys R Us

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
A2ath0th said:
I have the jap version of chaos field expanded and I must I love this game, it is not as well designed as ikaruga for example, because graphics are not really detailed but it has a great gameplay inspired by many games such as radiant silvergun for the sword

shooters fans have to test it because it's not so bad :glee:

Whaaat? I can't believe what I'm reading. I have a gc jpn version too and I must say, this game is horrible, not to mention absolutely boring.... imho of course. But still, I can't imagine any shooter fan "liking" the game.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
StealthLurker said:
Whaaat? I can't believe what I'm reading. I have a gc jpn version too and I must say, this game is horrible, not to mention absolutely boring.... imho of course. But still, I can't imagine any shooter fan "liking" the game.

Agreed. I bought Chaos Field on Dreamcast as soon as it came out, and IMO it's total shit. Derivative of many, adequate in none. I can't imagine why this would be greenlighted for American release when even GOOD 2-D shmups don't sell all that well in the States.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I've many a bad review for this game, otherwise I would of got the Naomi version.

Kiken

Camel Slug
jro said:
Agreed. I bought Chaos Field on Dreamcast as soon as it came out, and IMO it's total shit. Derivative of many, adequate in none. I can't imagine why this would be greenlighted for American release when even GOOD 2-D shmups don't sell all that well in the States.

And how many shmups are there for the GC? 4, last time I counted. 3 NAOMI ports and one original (Ikaruga, Shikigami No Shiro 2, Chaos Field Expanded and Star Soldier).
Ikaruga has already been released in the West, SNS2 was originally slated to be released by XS Games (but they stopped after porting the PS2 rev for some reason) while Star Soldier remains unported. O~3 wanted to bring over a GC shmup but their choices were VERY limited.

And BTW, O~3 stated that they were aiming for a release price of $29.99.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Wow.

Nintendo pulls in another A list title.

Ohhh wait...

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
It's actually quite a good game.But you need to "get " it as long as you don't get it it looks like a terrible mess.The game system is actually quite complicated.Graphics are a little weak but the music makes up for it all. And to be honnest who the fuck looks at the BG in manic STG's.all I can see is bullets :d.The game is made by milestone who are all ex Compile staff.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
eh it's a mediocre game overall however it's more of an homage to the shmups of the mid-late 90's. It's saving grace is indeed the soundtrack.

Radiant S. meets Zanac Neo it's not but still worth a look.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I don't get it. This gets the go ahead when Mr. Driller and Nintendo Puzzle Collection don't. Where is the puzzle love?

zhulien

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I don't understand why you would care if a game 'is coming to the US'. Being in Australia I never care if it 'is coming to Australia' and here's why. Australian releases come in shitty packaging with shitty artwork. They also have *good* features removed from the game, why on earth they spend more money hiring programmers to remove features form a game that are already there is beyond me. I'm talking mainly about TATE options.

I bought Steel Dragon EX *after* I had already bought Double Shienryu and basically the game is unplayable. They even showed screenshots on the back in TATE mode, yet the option is GONE. Never again will I buy a game in Australia if it is available from Japan - with the only exception being the few games which otherwise would require extensive Japanese language knowledge.

If the Aussie KOF didn't have any bouncing I'd be so p*ssed off I'd ask for a refund, luckily all the bounce is there. I'd say the only way to protest against shitty releases is to not buy them.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I don't get it. This gets the go ahead when Mr. Driller and Nintendo Puzzle Collection don't. Where is the puzzle love?
I actually sold my pal GC and imported a Jap one for Mr Driller Drill Land

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I don't really care that is coming out in the USA but do care that some quality titles are not. (Thus....the why did this get the go ahead, while some other games did not)

The Gamecube has a small library of quality games. Games like Mr. Driller and Nintendo Puzzle Collection should have been released in the USA.

As for importing. I own lots of imports from Japan and the UK. However, Mr. Driller has a save issue with the Freeloader and Nintendo Puzzle Collection, while very playable, has a lot of Japanese text. (I have owned both games at one point but was hoping for a USA release.

So...please read what I took the time to write down next time.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
WTF are you bitchin about I just agreed that the game is awesome and that is was worth importing a ntsc-j gamecube for what the hell has this to do with you...

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
@Smokey....I was not talking to you.

@Zhulien....Yes....I was talking to you.

:eye: :eye: