Gradius III (SNES) is owning me...

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Anyone into this game? One of my favorite shooters at the moment. I was playing it, and doing pretty well the other night. I thought I was doing good (possibly a one credit finish) when I get to one of the bosses. He has like 5 different incarnations, or maybe it's different bosses in a row? I'm not too sure but I thought I'd be finished the game soon until I got to him. :annoyed:

Comments on Gradius III?

:mad:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I used to play that game religiously. I found that the SNES slowdown is a blessing! The only reason I was any good at it was that I played it all the time.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Shit, that game is hard as hell. The fact you can't edit your options like in Gaiden is not making things easier. Plus, the basic speed is unplayable but once you take 1 speed it's almost too speedy for me. I got to acknowledge I badly suck at it...

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Tristesse said:
Shit, that game is hard as hell. The fact you can't edit your options like in Gaiden is not making things easier. Plus, the basic speed is unplayable but once you take 1 speed it's almost too speedy for me. I got to acknowledge I badly suck at it...
I thought you could edit your options? By pressing right and then you can select which item in which order? Or does Gaiden have much more in depth edits? :conf:

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
In Gaiden you can only select 1 of four ships, each ship has its own weapons and are not interchangeable.

I think what he meant by being able to change the setup is the order of power ups (Speed, Missile, Double, Laser, Option, ?) into any order you want, so if you want to rack up on 4 options, you can put the option at the very beginning and within 4 capsules, you'll have 4 options, assuming you hit the power-up button)

Gradius III was such an excellent game...I literally spent a good 6 hours playing it straight played through it about 5 times from Normal mode which got me past Arcade mode even....and man, was that ever tough...especially when it got to apoint where when you destroy enemies, you see this field of bullets flying in your face.

Yea, I'm a Gradius fanatic :(.