Is it possible to hook up Happ Lighted Buttons to a Custom stick w/ a PS1 PCB.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
what voltage does happ's button lights run on -- 5V or 12V

If 5V, you might be able to tap it directly from the PCB (but you might blow the fuse in the PSX by drawing too much current, too)

It might be better to replace the bulbs in the happ buttons with LEDs that draw much less current. Those buttons are designed for slot machines, after all...

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Lime2K said:
what voltage does happ's button lights run on -- 5V or 12V

If 5V, you might be able to tap it directly from the PCB (but you might blow the fuse in the PSX by drawing too much current, too)

It might be better to replace the bulbs in the happ buttons with LEDs that draw much less current. Those buttons are designed for slot machines, after all...

Good to know. Thanks. According to the auction I posted they are 12v. This was just an idea. It's not a must for me to do.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You could always add a AC adaptor...

That may sound retarded to have to wire an AC adaptor just to have illuminated buttons.

But it's not as retarded as the idea of Illuminated buttons.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
zapatistab said:
Thanks, my ideas have been called worse things.

I told you how to do it....

I just think that Princess sticks are gay.

zapatistab

norton9478 said:
I told you how to do it....

I just think that Princess sticks are gay.

Hey, thanks for the idea. My next stick will be pink with a white bat top and white buttons. Maybe I'll add a Hello Kitty decal.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
zapatistab said:
Hey, thanks for the idea. My next stick will be pink with a white bat top and white buttons. Maybe I'll add a Hello Kitty decal.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

That was tha sound my brain just made imagining the sheer unholiness of a Hello Kitty joystick. (But my sister would probably adore it, especially if it was a badtz-maru themed one...)

And it's even worse that i know what badtz-maru is.

zapatistab

I actually thought about making one for my daughter, but she is too young for 2-D fighters. (W/Lighted buttons. ;))