PDA

View Full Version : Buy Rite games out of business

msu89dawgs
05-05-2005, 12:34 PM
I did a search, and couldn't find any other posts about this on the forums. If another thread about this topic exists, sorry for the redundancy.

Saw this on CheapAssGamer's site, looks like Buy Rite finally got shut down. I never did business with them, after reading so many horror stories from people who had. I guess they finally got what had been coming to them for a long time.

Here's the link to the North Carolina BBB web site report (http://www.bbbenc.org/commonreport.html?bid=19394)

Hmkay
05-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Good news.

RAINBOW PONY
05-05-2005, 12:37 PM
OH MY GOD FINALLY.

this is huge fucking news, i guess all those people who complained finally paid off, as someone who got screwed by them, this is great fucking news.

let's just watch for any new companies poping up and they still probably will sell shit on ebay.

those fuckers can burn in hell, trying to get one of them on the phone about your order use to be a joke.

Mark of the Wolves
05-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Finally. I nearly ordered from them once until I found out how they get down. Good that something was finally done to stop so many people from getting ripped off.

Nakoruru
05-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Hahahah, this is fantastic news. I had posted a link to their BBB site a while ago, and was just astounded at the number of the complaints. Ordered from there once, never recieved my stuff (although luckily they never charged my credit card either). So from what I take, they actually got shut down rather than the traditional "going out of business"?

kafuin_gaira
05-05-2005, 12:42 PM
hmm one of my friends confirmed about a week ago that at least one of their stores had closed, but that one was still open.

this is great news indeed if they completely kicked the bucket. :drool:

RAINBOW PONY
05-05-2005, 12:42 PM
did u see this?

"The Bureau has processed 414 complaints about this company in the last 36 months."

they were fucking horrible.

Nakoruru
05-05-2005, 12:45 PM
did u see this?

"The Bureau has processed 414 complaints about this company in the last 36 months."

that's like three complaints per month for 3 years, they were fucking horrible.

Actually its worse lol, closer to 12 complaints per month

RAINBOW PONY
05-05-2005, 12:46 PM

yeah i knew my math was off, shit 12 a month, that means they fucked up 12 orders every month, that's almost an order every 2 days they fucked.

i bet there's a lot of people they still owe, they should put them in fucking jail.

kafuin_gaira
05-05-2005, 12:47 PM

you'd think all that cash register work would make dash a better mathematician

Enjaken
05-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Dios has answered our prayers :buttrock: :buttrock:

Hmkay
05-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Someone skipped math class too many times... :p

Anyway, 414 complaints doesn't include people who got ripped but didn't complain, so there were probably more bad deals than that...

Nakoruru
05-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Someone skipped math class too many times... :p

Anyway, 414 complaints doesn't include people who got ripped but didn't complain, so there were probably more bad deals than that...

Exactly, in my deal gone bad I never complained, since my credit card was never actually charged. I can only imagine how many others didnt bother to file with the BBB. Astonishing really.

neo_X7
05-05-2005, 01:14 PM
That have been getting on the Better Business Breau in North Carolina about letting out standing claims business go uninvestigated. It looks like they finely got around to doing some thing about it.

Guilty Pleasure
05-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Good.

Fuck em'.

Knatty Dreadnok
05-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Wow... that was long over due. Was it the branch in North Carolina?

Sky_R
05-05-2005, 02:28 PM
What can ya say? You have a record of that many fuck ups and your bound to go down crashing.

alinktothepast
05-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Fucking Awesome...

it's about time that those cheating, lying, scumbags of Buy Rite video games
have been shut down - put out of business

I hope they never return, in any form.

:D :D :D :D :D

Curt
05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
THANK GOD!

This has needed to be done for years!

le geek
05-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Bout damn time!

Evil Wasabi
05-05-2005, 05:47 PM
a landmark moment in videogame history.

galfordo
05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Terrific fucking news. I visited this place once, and it really needed to be put out of its misery, not to the mention the misery it caused. Good riddance to $hyt3 rubbish.

LWK
05-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Hahah OWNED MOTHER FUCKERS.

Honestly though, 414 complaints? Just how fucking many do you need?
Law is to fucking slow.

NeoCverA
05-05-2005, 06:34 PM
About fucking time and thank God. No more noobs to save.

Taiso
05-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Add me to the list of people that will get drunk upon reading this news. :D

DanAdamKOF
05-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Yes!!! Luckily the only way in which I was ripped off is that I had bought a "new" Japanese Metal Slug Second Mission, but it was actually used (not that badly but the cardboard was a little worn). It's the principle, anyway. I'm glad they're gone.

jaydubnb
05-05-2005, 08:00 PM
This is the video game equivalent of the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Moon Jump
05-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Good Riddance!

I was stupid enough to place an order with them. I baught a Guitar Freaks combo pack and I thaught I was getting a Konami made guitar. WRONG! I got this box that looked like sombody left it out in the rain and sat on it and inside was the game and a used knock off guitar that stopped working after a month.

If they ever try to open up under another name I'm going to go down there and shove that worthless piece of plastic up their ass sideways.

aria
05-05-2005, 09:45 PM
This is great news.

I remember back in 1998, without knowing about them, I tried to call them and confirm something before I ordered but they never, ever returned a call or email.

I figured it was a bad sign and I was right! :p

(Chorus)
But there are no cats in America
And the streets are paved with cheese
Oh there are no cats in America
So set your mind at ease

c.t.h
05-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Probably THE WORST online video game retailer ever - gone. Thank you.

wataru330
05-05-2005, 09:55 PM
:tickled:

Word.

This is what you happens when you ship someone a 'new' Macross for Saturn that arrives in a box with NO packing materials (bouncing around in a big 'ol Fed Ex box), jewel case shrinkwrapped (to convince me it was 'new'?!), and get this-

disc 2 was *outside* the jewel case, scatched like a whino had broken his 40oz bottle on top of the disc, shiny side up.

Good riddence, fuckers.

Rember the amped out n-g.com member from a couple of years ago that was gonna go down there w/ a bat and clean house? Search 'Buy Rite' for some classic reads.

Kazuki Dash
05-05-2005, 10:00 PM
'bout time...f**k them all, if you're not gonna run a business responsibly then you deserve any crap that comes back to haunt you...

...and as NeoCverA said, it's a nice bonus that we no longer have to repeatedly answer newbies who made the usual "Are they any good?" thread...
:D

GigaDrive
05-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Hahah OWNED MOTHER FUCKERS.

Honestly though, 414 complaints? Just how fucking many do you need?
Law is to fucking slow.

oh man, AGREED! :mr_t:

NeoLord
05-05-2005, 10:15 PM
It's about time Buyrite went out of business! They were really good at shafting their customers. Like many, I had a bad experience with Buyrite that turned me off to their business practices completely. I purchased a copy of RBFF for Neo-Geo CD (it was listed on their web site as new), but when it finally arrived, I noticed that the game was sitting loosely inside the shipping box. To add injury to insult, the CD was scratched to hell and the manual was nowhere to be found; oh yeah, they had taken me for a ride on a $60+ game.

Good riddance I say!

There is a special place in Hell for scum like them.

AKscrube
05-06-2005, 01:03 AM
the irony here is...my one and only transaction with buy rite was indeed a very successful one...how many people can actually say that?

qube
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
About fucking time. Too bad they had years to run off with everyone's money w/o consequence.

Q-

kobylka68
05-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Yeah I just read all about it on the gamespot website. Great news for all.

Gamespot Article (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/06/news_6123802.html)

Arcademan
05-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks to everyone here in the Neo and their comments on what a terrible place Buy Rite was, I'm glad I never dealt with them and now they're history.

You guys have my eternal thanks :buttrock:

Greywolf
05-06-2005, 09:09 PM
That craphole should have been shutdown 10 years ago ...

mungrin
05-06-2005, 10:10 PM
haha fuck them.I remeber when i use to call em up to ask questions and this girl use to act like i was waking her up or something.They were horrible.My brother threatend them one time that he was going down there with a shotgun.Mysteriously his game shows up in his mailbox a week later.

Coincidence? \ :oh_no:

Knatty Dreadnok
05-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Anybody ever remember that fucking twit on the automated service... saying "If you're not buying from Buy Rite then you're not Buying right"??? That shit was so fucking lame! :lol:

Solidus Snake
05-06-2005, 11:53 PM
About time. I don't see how they stayed in business for so long.

Gameoz
05-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Buyrite sucked. I never understood how they stayed in business with so many unhappy customers.

LWK
05-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Read that GS article. Thats a good point, what will become of the outstanding orders?

Tron
05-07-2005, 05:50 AM
Nice to see Buywrong got http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/MetalSlug01/fallingowned1.giffinnaly :buttrock:

I use to buy from them a.... lot during my Saturn days.

Then i get rip off afther paying for a copy of 'Ninja Five-O' guess what?They pull the same stunt like they do to every, body else :blow_top: they pull the not in stock BS.

Afther that happen to me i never mess with them agian :angry:

TMOSteel
05-08-2005, 11:21 AM
:tickled:

Word.

This is what you happens when you ship someone a 'new' Macross for Saturn that arrives in a box with NO packing materials (bouncing around in a big 'ol Fed Ex box...

So that's how they shipped all their items!

Back when Metal Slug 3 was first released I waited too long to order one and had to turn to Buy Rite for it (I was holding out for an English release which never came about the first time around).

Imagine a Neo Geo cart shipped in a big empty box! No packing material whatsoever!

Only by sheer luck did that cart arrive undamaged!

RamonG
05-08-2005, 12:26 PM
I did place around 3 orders with them. I heard that they were problematic, so I placed the orders COD. I figured, if they want their money, they have to send me my stuff.

aria
05-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Anybody ever remember that fucking twit on the automated service... saying "If you're not buying from Buy Rite then you're not Buying right"??? That shit was so fucking lame! :lol:

That's as far as any of my attempted deals got with them back in '98, I still remember that dorky voice. Eugh. It seared its way into my soul.

neosportskid
05-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Shawn used to work for them no?

SNKJorge
05-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Shawn used to work for them no?

I'm starting to find your posts funny. Not because you're funny, but because
you have this bitterness towards the owner of this site for whatever reason.
Yes, there were misunderstandings, and they all have been fixed.
What I don't get is
the point of saying the samething over and over? Were you scammed by Shawn?
are you aware that you're on his web-site etc?

Stop your bullshit already, it's ridiculous.

Oh and btw, feel free to rob me anytime, I would be glad to decapitate you
with my sister .12 asshole.

neosportskid
05-08-2005, 03:46 PM
A+

neosportskid
05-08-2005, 03:53 PM
No, the ss2 cart i bought still has sound malfunctions and it was way overpriced.
And thats not all.
I would rather smash your face in than rob you. :lol:
You gets no respect from me or anyone.

Garland Russell
05-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Thank heavens. They should've been out of business a long time ago.

dbarrett0928
05-08-2005, 07:51 PM
i NEVER PERSONALLY DEALT WITH BUY RITE YET I DID READ A LOT IF POST CONTAINING BAD FEEDBACK ON THEM AND I DID CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY WERE FAR OVERPRICED SO I HAD A FEELING THEY WOULDNT LAST IN THE INDUSTRY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER...

Bluevoodu
05-10-2005, 01:32 PM
wow... thats all I have to say.

yeah.. they messed up alot. If they would have just fixed their problems in a timely manner.... they would have done ok.

I wonder if they will try to set up another company under a new name.
It could very well happen.

BV

NeoGeo Hunter
05-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Badnews for buyrite.net I can understand why the reason business gone bad for them, a years ago I used to do business with them and its a poor deal in terms of communications. :confused:

Garou[ryu]
05-11-2005, 08:47 AM
ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

VGUG.COM
05-11-2005, 10:00 AM
I ordered from them many times (b4 I opened my own Video Game store) and never had problems, well ok one problem......

I had an order coming the day b4 x-mas weekend and the UPS man came in and had my order from Buy Rite and it was a COD. I had the Money Order all ready and I hand it to the UPS guy and I find out they overcharged my order! They overcharged me by ONE PENNY! Not the worste in the world, however UPS doesn't accept cash NO MATTER HOW MUCH! So I had to walk down to the drug store to get a MO for one friggin' cent! The cashier looked at me as if I were on crack or something. At least the UPS guy had to make stop at said drug store or I'd of had to wait 4 more days for my order.

Hitmanxlt
05-17-2005, 09:14 PM
If only i'd known this was gonna happen i woulda got up w/ some local members and robbed that damned place blind before they went out. Althought in my experiences there was one good employee at buyrite...a short long haired hippy guy, who actually turned me onto the neo scene and helped me get my cabinet. I hope he finds a much better business that'll appreciate him....for the rest of the company....BURN.

YeldellGW
05-21-2005, 10:43 AM
the irony here is...my one and only transaction with buy rite was indeed a very successful one...how many people can actually say that?

I can. In fact, I did many transactions with them with no problems.

How many people can say that?!

greedostick
05-30-2005, 09:47 PM
A EYE 4 AN EYE!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/greedostick/eyeforaneye.jpg

genjuro1
06-01-2005, 12:44 PM
I can. In fact, I did many transactions with them with no problems.

How many people can say that?!

I can.

The only problems I had were the shipping took too long, and there were never any packing materials in the box. Luckily my orders were correct and undamaged. But once I learned how to search for games on the net, I realized their products were overpriced.

FOMOCO&CO
06-01-2005, 02:14 PM
slight shipping issues here too but all was ok in the end

Sememmon
06-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow, that is fantastic news!! :buttrock:

I placed an order with them a while back for a broadband adapter for my dreamcast (silly me). I received the item and found it to be defective. I tried calling them a whole bunch of times and never once got a live person. I emailed them a bunch of times and never got a response. I ended up sending them a certified mail letter that they had to sign for. They signed it well within their return policy period. Then, a few days after the return policy period ended, they sent me a letter saying that they just received my request for a return, that it was passed the return policy date, and that there was nothing they could do.

:blow_top: :blow_top: :blow_top: :lol:

Needless to say, I was very upset. I considered taking them to court.. But, I was so tired of dealing with it that I felt it wasn't worth the effort and just ate the bad BB adapter. One of these days I'll hafta take it apart and see if I can fix it. =P

So.. YAY! No more BuyRite! :kekeke:

dansc
06-22-2005, 12:48 AM
finally :D i was one of their victim..ive bought a CVS 2 arcade stick about $70..and they never send me the item... :blow_top:

Mike Shagohod
06-22-2005, 12:51 AM
I did a search, and couldn't find any other posts about this on the forums. If another thread about this topic exists, sorry for the redundancy.

Saw this on CheapAssGamer's site, looks like Buy Rite finally got shut down. I never did business with them, after reading so many horror stories from people who had. I guess they finally got what had been coming to them for a long time.

Here's the link to the North Carolina BBB web site report (http://www.bbbenc.org/commonreport.html?bid=19394)

GOOD FUCKIN' RIDDANCE, sure took long enough for that dipwad company to be put six feet under. Still don't understand how they stayed in business as long as they did. :conf:

XSkater2099
06-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Thank fucking god, i got ripped from there and it took forever for me to get my moeny back, i had to call the BBB and everything.

Billkwando
08-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Does anybody remember Dolphinlord's "Buywrong" sig? Had like flaming pentagrams and goat's heads or something like that....hilarious...

LWK
08-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Does anybody remember Dolphinlord's "Buywrong" sig? Had like flaming pentagrams and goat's heads or something like that....hilarious...

I havent seen dave post here in forever, I used to talk to him on ICQ and he flat out dissapeared, probably got bored of the site. Wish I could do the same sometimes.

AKscrube
08-04-2005, 03:55 PM
wow,...3 of us who werent cocked by BuyRite...

FLADIPO
08-07-2005, 07:24 PM
great news - ive never personally dealt with them other than sending emails and asking ?'s about product and they were never quick enough with responses or i didnt get one at all...they have screwed a lot of people so im glad they got shut down

thatdemoguy
08-08-2005, 09:32 PM
If only i'd known this was gonna happen i woulda got up w/ some local members and robbed that damned place blind before they went out. Althought in my experiences there was one good employee at buyrite...a short long haired hippy guy, who actually turned me onto the neo scene and helped me get my cabinet. I hope he finds a much better business that'll appreciate him....for the rest of the company....BURN.

That makes two of us man. I always had evil thoughts of just driving by there one night and setting fire to the place. Well now thats not possible but if you really want to lash out at them they are operating out of the flea market in Cary on the weekends....now as is policy in that flea market you arent supposed to be able to run or rent booth space if you have had a business that went out of business under bad circumstances. I say lets go have them put out before they can attempt to rebuild.

Capt. Takehiko
08-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Excellent news, though I never dealt with them I could see that a lot of things were very overpriced and have heard people's experiences with the horrible service.

Hitmanxlt
08-09-2005, 07:48 PM
That makes two of us man. I always had evil thoughts of just driving by there one night and setting fire to the place. Well now thats not possible but if you really want to lash out at them they are operating out of the flea market in Cary on the weekends....now as is policy in that flea market you arent supposed to be able to run or rent booth space if you have had a business that went out of business under bad circumstances. I say lets go have them put out before they can attempt to rebuild.

I think we really should go screw with them...or at least post crap all over the fleamarket about em

Jonathan
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Good riddence to Buy Rite!! They should've been called Buy Rong. :angry: