GigaWing2, Worth 200 bucks?

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
I can get a naomi gigawing2, but it's 200 bones. Is it a good enough shooter for that price?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Are you talking about a loose naomi cart? I think I've seen them for around 100$. I'd say it's worth that much, but not 200$.

EDIT: cosmicco has it rom-only for 85$ (310$ for the kit, I guess includes mobo and I/O)

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Or $35 on the Dreamcast, which provides the SAME gameplay...

Awesome game BTW, if I were into Naomi it would be one of the first titles in my collection.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
if it's a full kit and complete 200 might be good, but it still seems too much, when you can get the DC version for like 30 and hook it to your cab.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
My favourate thing about Gigawing 2 are those brilliant voice samples for the reflect force and laser. They almost make the game worth owning. :kekeke: Stupidly these were removed from the US DC version robbing it of its character.

This game gets really, really cheap on later levels, even by shooter standards, kinds ruins the game IMO.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
moonwhistle said:
My favourate thing about Gigawing 2 are those brilliant voice samples for the reflect force and laser. They almost make the game worth owning. :kekeke: Stupidly these were removed from the US DC version robbing it of its character.

This game gets really, really cheap on later levels, even by shooter standards, kinds ruins the game IMO.

Basically on the DC version you can set it to mindless fun... no skill required to beat it.

I love the music in that game, its brilliant!

The whole 1920's look is amazing and how the future plays into the game...

Airships, Tanks, Underwater...

Gunbird sucks.

Robert

20 Year Member
I played Giga wing 2 like berserk and I can't get into it. Except the OMG hi res effect of the first plays, the game still didn't prove me that it has brought improvements over the first opus. The end is fucked up with the repetitive boss fights.

Just my 2 cents

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I sold my Gigawing 2 cart last summer for £65.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I have the jp Gigawing 2, and the voive samples are cool for awhile, but it gets old fast.

BIG

sony fanboy
FrostbayneAucti said:
I can get a naomi gigawing2, but it's 200 bones. Is it a good enough shooter for that price?

For $200,it better come with a mobo and a Capcom I/O :mr_t:

B-

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
FrostbayneAucti said:

Hope you don't mean that 1 that Japhie has on ebay :shame:

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
BIG said:
For $200,it better come with a mobo and a Capcom I/O :mr_t:

B-

I'd buy at that price all day for a complete system... That would be a minimum of $400-$500 for that setup...

BIG

sony fanboy
T_Smallz said:
That would be a minimum of $400-$500 for that setup...

Bullshit,I can get something like that at just about $350 tops,shipped from Japan anyday of the week.

B-

Kiken

Camel Slug
moonwhistle said:

Actually, I've found Giga Wing 2 to have game-balance bordering on Strikers 1945 II. The level-design really is very ingeniously laid out, and the 3 final boss battles are actually well paced because they involve completely different tactics for maximizing score/dodging.

I've gotten very close to lifing the game at the Japanese default settings (lost a life in stage 6) without using bombs. I hope to finally nail the totally perfect bombless run soon.. although, my score will be pathetic. ;)

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Fun fact, the ships and their super moves in Giga Wing 2 are EXTREMELY similar to the ships and attacks in the 1989 SNK shmup Sky Adventure (not to be confused with Sky Soldiers). Craziness.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
so $100 is the average price to spend on the game ??( i saw one on ebay :glee: )