Putting my TV on it's side

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
So, I've been getting into shmups for the first time recently and I like to put my TV on it's side for the vertical shooters so that it looks right.

Problem is that afte awhile the tv develops this purple discoleration at the corners that gets progressivly worse. If I right it again it goes away.

Any suggestions on how to stop this (probably can't)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Well some tv's don't react good to TATE mode, but you should read this,
it might actually help you:

http://www.fevereon.com/turnto/how.html

Lashujin said:
So, I've been getting into shmups for the first time recently and I like to put my TV on it's side for the vertical shooters so that it looks right.

Problem is that afte awhile the tv develops this purple discoleration at the corners that gets progressivly worse. If I right it again it goes away.

Any suggestions on how to stop this (probably can't)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Yeah, I've been doing the old unplug / turn / plug in trick for a few months now and I've yet to have a problem with my TV (Trinitron).

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
for anyone doing it with a VGA monitor, just flip it and hit the degauss switch.

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Unplugging the TV by the wall socket un grounds the TV. As long as the TV is grounded the electrons stay charged for a very long time. This is why unplugging the TV is necessary.

7 minutes is probably not enough for most TV's, especially large ones. And make sure the tube has cooled.

I would recommend not switching and rotating too often, much better to dedicate a TV for the job.

thats just my 2 cents.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
Yeah, I've been doing the old unplug / turn / plug in trick for a few months now and I've yet to have a problem with my TV (Trinitron).

YES!!!!

My hulking beast ORION tv loves being on its side.

never had a problem with it.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Igniz v2 said:
for anyone doing it with a VGA monitor, just flip it and hit the degauss switch.

I use a 17" LCD that has a built-in pivot feature. I purchased it specifically for that reason, plus it was one of the first on the market with a 16ms response (the best at the time).