King of Fighters XI logo?

H

hermegildo

tx_kof11.gif

The Professor over at mmcafe posted this image along with this text:

"This is an actual filing in Japan's Trademark Office from SNKPlaymore."

If this is indeed the logo for the next KOF installment, then I kinda like it. The lack of color sucks, but maybe it's not final. It's great to see the "F" from the earlier KOF games in it too.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
not a bad first try, but I'm really not feeling the XI Roman Numeral motif...to me that just brings images of the SuperBowl or one of the WrestleMania events...
:loco:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
not a bad first try, but I'm really not feeling the XI Roman Numeral motif...to me that just brings images of the SuperBowl or one of the WrestleMania events...

i agree.
i can live with it though.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I can dig it. It would certainly make sense, they are trying to get away from the Year formula. So this works perfect for me. I don't even mind the lack of color. Gives it a sort of edge to me.

Kazuki Dash said:

well it is kind of a wrestlemania like event :p :multi_co: now can you dig that?...... sucka lol

but in all seriousness i dont mind it its different

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
scorpian_wins said:
well it is kind of a wrestlemania like event :p :multi_co: now can you dig that?...... sucka lol

but in all seriousness i dont mind it its different
touche...

...and they did include in Angel's 2K2 moveset the "RockBottom" and "People's Elbow"
icon25.gif

Kazuki Dash said:
touche...

...and they did include in Angel's 2K2 moveset the "RockBottom" and "People's Elbow"
icon25.gif

im glad im not a angel fan than

they need to give goro daimon the gore oh wait rhyno doesnt work for the wwe anymore, batista bomb then and a ddt :tickled:

if they add b.janet then they will give her either a twist of fate or a chick kick :buttrock:

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
definetly wrestlemania. I think it needs color.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
I like it... Would rather see years there, but understand the move away from that of course.

I think that when you apply for a trademark on a logo you generally submit a black and white version of it, not sure why, probably something that goes way back, but I do remember reading something like that before.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Looks like something EA would make for its plethora of sports series, thusly I hate it.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
if it's not kept black and white, i will be sad. it's kind of styly-cool. color would over saturate the basic but unique design. it's ass kicking. maybe add a silhouette of ash holding a flame or a side view of a few charas faces(in black and white) behind it.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Looks like Playmore is getting serious about making games for the AW... I didn't think we'd see anything before NBC is released, but SS AW and this logo pop up out of nowhere...

Hei

New Challenger
Looks to be a good start. I wanted a 2004 but this will do me fine. :D

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Maybe it's only a scan of a b/w photocopy, therefore the lack of colour?

Anyway I'd rather have called it "Episode 09", because 98 and 02, being Dreammatches, don't count, and in fact that type of numbering was already used in the intros of other KoFs...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nice.

No more years (98, 99, etc.), so I guess KoF won't be an annual release anymore... which is good as long as Playmore uses the additional time for thorough play-testing and bug-hunting.

I hope Playmore will come up with a release schedule for console ports of the new KoF and the other AW games. I can't afford an AW home setup at the moment, and even if I could, I doubt I would jump in so early since I have no interest in another piece of hardware collecting dust... there are no real arcades left in my area, so without a port, I prolly would never see any of those new games in action.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Mark of the Wolves said:
It would certainly make sense, they are trying to get away from the Year formula.

I don't think they're trying to get away from the formula, I think they dropped the ball by not releasing a proper KOF04, and now they're trying to make up for it by changing the number system. There are two reasons why I think this:

1) We had 3 KOF releases (MI, NW, and Rebout) last year, but none of them were designated as KOF X. Which game is X? NW would be the closest contender for the KOF X title, but there was never any indication that it would have this. Rebout might also be considered X, but again, aside from the KOF10th anniversary logo, there was no indication of this either.

2) Having worked at a big Japanese company for over six years, I know how willing they are to lie / stretch the truth / cover up in order to save face and not admit any mistakes. Personally I think SNKP had planned to get a KOF04 out but for whatever reason couldn't get it done in time. With no '04 it would be very embarrasing to skip a year by naming the next one '05, especially for such a famous and long running franchise. So they renamed the series!

Mark of the Wolves said:
I can dig it.

With all that being said, yes I can dig it too. It's a neat design and I'm sure it'll look even better colored.

Still it would be nicer to have seen a '04 followed by a '05.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Takumaji said:
No more years (98, 99, etc.), so I guess KoF won't be an annual release anymore... which is good as long as Playmore uses the additional time for thorough play-testing and bug-hunting.

That is one advantage of the name change.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
tsukaesugi said:
I don't think they're trying to get away from the formula, I think they dropped the ball by not releasing a proper KOF04, and now they're trying to make up for it by changing the number system. There are two reasons why I think this:

1) We had 3 KOF releases (MI, NW, and Rebout) last year, but none of them were designated as KOF X. Which game is X?

This would be KoF2k3 then because it's the 10th official KoF game. The dream match thing has no meaning here because it refers to the story episodes (2k3 would be episode 8 if me brain serves me right).

MI got no year or number, so it's just a 3D spin-off, same with KoF NW, even tho I (and others) referred to it as "KoF04" at first... and ReBout is an anniversary release a la SFAC, so I guess "KoF XI" picks up where 2k3 left.

Just a theory, but a papal one, so obey or get spanked.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
well, i don't care that much about the logo. Sure it's not Guilty Gear XX #Reload's but it's not that bad. Just... not spectacular.

The "wresltingmania" feel is not that bad since KOF is more or less "SNKMania" and I always liked the feel of world wide event from 94, 96, 97 (IE: Chizuru's stage in 96).

I think that if they go back to that "tournament" feel it's a good decision. And bring back your team partners on the background cheering you.

And being optimistic... maybe they didn't made 2004 to have a better 2005... in 2 years snkp had damn time to make new graphics and all that stuff we ask every year :P

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I'm just sad the original KOF strain, say the NEO-GEO one, is finally dead.

It's not like I ever considered KOF-R1, KOF-R2, KOF-EX or KOF-EX2 (which was quite good also) as part of the 'main thread' of the series... you know what I mean. KOF to me was something born and breed on the NeoGeo, period.

We had a not-so-bad new beginning with 2003. A new saga, a new starring, a new system. And now it's all gone.

It's pitiful SNKP couldn't make it in developing any kind of new Neo-cart technology to increase megs capacity and implement some kind of major enconding.

I can't stand these AW bastardized product. Ripped-off low-res sprites on OMFG OMFG hir-res wallpapers. Bah!

Well, truth to be told is latest SNKP releases dramatically tired to get some kind of 'hi-res' or rendered appeal. Pretty shitty anyway, go ask Yuri Sakazaki '03, or the whole SVC fiasco.

Well, time is time and cannot be stopped I guess...

Neverless, anyone found a way to have an AW cart fitting into a snaplock? :kekeke: