Possible Ketsui port

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
taken from insertcredit.com

"Arika's vice-president, K. Mihara, loves Cave and loves to speak about it in his blog. We love all this love, 'cause now we know thanks to it that a port of Cave's Ketsui ~Kizuna Jigokutachi~ from 2002, could be coming to PS2 soon. Notice this is just his wish/speculation, though. He also suggests that Cave itself will be the one in charge of the PS2 Mushihime-sama port. A preview of Ketsui from 2003 can be found here ."

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Old news and it wont be happening because of the fallout between Arika and Cave not too long ago.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
figured it was old news...but saw nothing in the shooters section so i threw it out there.

Maybe the "buzz" on the ole' Interweb might make Cave take notice?! Probably not.

Kiel

20 Year Member
I would sure as hell hope so, maybe if Mushi sells really well and people make enough noise it might happen.

I'd kill to have a Ketsui replay the quality of the ones Arika put out. :drool_2:

Kiel

20 Year Member
Well now I might be wrong!?

Check out the news post for today @ click-stick.com

But it is ment to be taken with a grain of salt though so dont anyone get their hopes too high.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
What exactly was the "fallout" between Cave and Arika?

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
subcons said:
What exactly was the "fallout" between Cave and Arika?

I seem to remember that it was related to the superplay DVD for Galuda (or DDP DOJ?) - Cave provided Arika with special ROMs of the game so that the superplay DVD could be made, on the understanding that the person doing the superplay wouldn't use this to his advantage, but instead, he entered some Arcadia contest and destroyed all other scores due to his insider knowledge. At least I seem to recall that that's what happened - anyone else know?

BIG

sony fanboy
gmw said:
I seem to remember that it was related to the superplay DVD for Galuda (or DDP DOJ?) - Cave provided Arika with special ROMs of the game so that the superplay DVD could be made, on the understanding that the person doing the superplay wouldn't use this to his advantage, but instead, he entered some Arcadia contest and destroyed all other scores due to his insider knowledge. At least I seem to recall that that's what happened - anyone else know?

You're on the right track,G,but it was actually the infamous Ketsui Superplay that caused the fall-out between the two.

B-

subcons

How stupid.

So, one fucking guy that took advantage of such information is making shooter fans everywhere suffer? What bullshit.

That guy should be strung up.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
insert credit said:
A preview of Ketsui from 2003 can be found here.
that article.. :kekeke:

but anyway, here's hoping that a port really does get materialized.

its a shame about that replay DVD though (would've been neat).

Kiken

Camel Slug
gmw said:

As BIG stated, it was indeed over the Ketsui Super Play DVD (which I still have the promo video for). Supposedly, a Muteki board (Muteki means invincibility... however, Muteki boards can also have stage-selects and save-states enabled to allow players to practice particularly difficult areas of the game over and over) was supplied to the player (who was rumoured to be Clover-TAC, this is unconfirmed though and will most likely never become public due to what it could do to the player's reputation) who went and entered a competition.

Words were exchanged between Arika and Cave and things went sour. The players who had been looking forward to the DVD begged to have Arika release it anyway, despite how the score was obtained, merely to learn more about the game, but the video was scrapped altogether.

Apparently, the continued lack of communication between the two is more that Arika are ashamed of the events, rather than Cave being angry with them.

If anybody's interested, I can always upload the Ketsui DVD Promo video somewhere.

subcons

Kiken said:
As BIG stated, it was indeed over the Ketsui Super Play DVD (which I still have the promo video for). Supposedly, a Muteki board (Muteki means invincibility... however, Muteki boards can also have stage-selects and save-states enabled to allow players to practice particularly difficult areas of the game over and over) was supplied to the player (who was rumoured to be Clover-TAC, this is unconfirmed though and will most likely never become public due to what it could do to the player's reputation) who went and entered a competition.

Words were exchanged between Arika and Cave and things went sour. The players who had been looking forward to the DVD begged to have Arika release it anyway, despite how the score was obtained, merely to learn more about the game, but the video was scrapped altogether.

Apparently, the continued lack of communication between the two is more that Arika are ashamed of the events, rather than Cave being angry with them.

Thanks for the info. Shame.

If anybody's interested, I can always upload the Ketsui DVD Promo video somewhere.

Uhh. Yeah! Point me to it. :)

Kiel

20 Year Member
If I knew how to put up vids I have an awesome one of Doom where the player does some amazing dodging. It was the first vid I put on my psp along with the DVD preview.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Yup, thats the one. :)