NeoGeoForLife.com fan art gallery

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I know that there is a great fan art gallery here on neo-geo.com but I thought I'd mention that we've revamped our old fan art gallery on neogeoforlife.com. Basically we are running a gallery script now where people can register an account, and upload pictures to the site themselves, which will be checked out by a mod and then added automatically. You can also post comments on there and rate other peoples art, as well as send e-cards and stuff. I'm just testing this out right now to see how it works out, but hopefully people will find it interesting and start using it, even if you dont submit art yourself it would be great for people to pop on there and tell people what they think of their work :). It's mostly for SNK related fan art, but other stuff will definitely be cionsidered too.

You can find the new fan art gallery here:

http://fanart.neogeoforlife.com

Check it out and let me know what you think. There's only a few albums on there, mostly by staff members and friends of mine, but more will be added soon. I'm no artist myself, although I do have a few really crummy banners and sigs and general sillyness that I have made in there. I really do need to brush up on my gfx skills ;)

Kaz

Curt

apostate
Looks real nice Kazuya... I Uploaded some of my stuff.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I was about to go afk actually but I noticed that some stuff had been uploaded. I approved it all anyway - good stuff man, thanks for uploading it! :)

Keep those artworks coming everyone, and don't forget to take a look at other peoples work and let them know what you think via the ratings/comments!

Kaz

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
For the most part: meh. Okay, but they don't seem to have a ton of dedication behind them. Then again, art isn't easy.

H

hermegildo

That's great Kazuya, I'll post some of my stuff once I'm done with my stupid finals.

You might be surprised. :kekeke:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
jeff bogard said:
I thought Shrek was playing for Real Madrid (Gravesen)...

Haha that is kinda true I guess, and I have heard people call Gravesen Shrek before, but Rooney was probably the first to get that nickname. What irks me though is that people recently have been saying that I bear more than a passing resemblance to Rooney... it aint true I tell ya! :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys, it's all appreciated. For those who have uploaded or are planning on uploading some art of their own, thanks very much... hopefully we can build up a good database of pics on there, and also build a bit of a community on there... as I think the nicest part of coppermine gallery is the ability to post comments and rate peoples art :)

Kaz

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
Er, what's the age group submitting those drawings?

Most of those are Napolean Dymamite quality.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Give 'em a break, some of them were pretty good.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Guilty Pleasure said:
Er, what's the age group submitting those drawings?

Most of those are Napolean Dymamite quality.

I dunno which ones in particular you are talking about being awful, but a lot of the art on there is pretty darn good imho. Anyway it's mostly about people sharing their stuff, sure a lot of it isn't exactly Falcoon/Shinkiro (or inserts your fave artist here) standards, but who is? ;)

I mean this in a totally non inflammatory way, but submit some of your own art if you want to boost the standards on there :D

Kaz

neo>all

Super nO0b
sweet, i should submit some of my work but it might not measure up to those

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Thanks man, any submissions are really welcome! Effort is the most important thing, and personally I always love seeing other peoples work, especially as I have absolutely no artistic talent of my own! :D

Kaz

neo>all

Super nO0b
Kazuya_UK said:
Thanks man, any submissions are really welcome! Effort is the most important thing, and personally I always love seeing other peoples work, especially as I have absolutely no artistic talent of my own! :D

Kaz

that's why you practice. Take a drawing class

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I agree, although with me I really just don't have the talent in that area, I have tried before. There are certain things that some poeple just are NOT meant to do, and drawing is mine :)

Kaz

H

hermegildo

I've come to realize that a lot of people can't draw simply because they're not really into it. Asking them to take a class is besides the point because they wouldn't be willing to spend the time to improve their skillz in the first place, which is not a bad thing really. Only certain idiots like me take it seriously. :(

Anyways, I'll be done with my finals by Monday so I'll gladly post my some stuff around that time. I'd actually have to get my ass to the drawing table to post some SNK stuff. It's been a while since I've done any, and a lot of my old stuff is kinda crappy.

H

hermegildo

I posted a quick sketch on your site last night Kazuya (or was it this morning?). I'm under the name of Femto over there, as a matter of fact, I don't even know why I picked this ridiculous name when I registered here. I might've been high or something.

Anyways, I'll get to posting more stuff in a few days. Here's the link in case anyone is interested:

http://fanart.neogeoforlife.com/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=0