....when will be the next?

Tell me a bit about them, please.

Also, will there be Guilty Gear Comp?

Is anyone good and who?

Thank you.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Yes, we've had them for four years running now. Pics can be found in the photo album. We usually roll-call for it twice a year.

The next one is totally TBD. Criterionradiohead, the usual host, is having second thoughts about hosting the next one. If so then the hosting duty falls to me since I have the "next" largest available space for numerous people to congregate at.

All manner of genres are played but with a heavy lean towards fighters, puzzle and shooters. IMO...Mark of the Wolves, Third Strike, and Magical Drop 3 usually get top billing. The only Guilty Gear lovahs around these parts are Verbatum and MedicineHorse.

MedicineHorse

Crossed Swords Squire
Guilty Gear

Might I add that if you want weekly guilty gear comp you could cruise on over to shoryuken.com and check out my gathering which I host every saturday. Yes we are good. :)

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87237

Magician what's up man? Been a while. Hopefully you'll keep the gatherings coming it's the only time I get to see Genghis. :)

-M

aria

Former Moderator
They're always a good time. You're definitely welcome to come next time around.

I had to miss the past two, but I don't forsee missing the next one (unless its in August).

I still loved those wings that apparently weren't that popular.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
MedicineHorse said:
Magician what's up man? Been a while. Hopefully you'll keep the gatherings coming it's the only time I get to see Genghis. :)

-M

Yes, its been too long, my friend.

I've been putting some time into third strike but I'm still awful at parrying. :)

The next gathering will happen, it's a matter of...where. That is the only question right now. But, if I were to venture a guess I'd say late this month or early June would be the best time to have it.

aria

Former Moderator
Magician said:
Yes, its been too long, my friend.

I've been putting some time into third strike but I'm still awful at parrying. :)

The next gathering will happen, it's a matter of...where. That is the only question right now. But, if I were to venture a guess I'd say late this month or early June would be the best time to have it.

I'm just trying to figure out if I have any spaces that can be used.

The party room in my building is about the 2/3s the size of Mike's actual apartment :p So no.

The best thing I could manage would be getting access to the Law School building (I'll have 24 access for at least a few months after I graduate), but there aren't a whole lot of TVs -but plenty, plenty of space :D We could take up one of the large lounges.

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
MedicineHorse said:
Might I add that if you want weekly guilty gear comp you could cruise on over to shoryuken.com and check out my gathering which I host every saturday. Yes we are good. :)

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87237

-M

That sounds good man.

I'm only interested in Guilty Gear Comp, and I'm only interested in playing the best of the best. I'm also into every version of GG#Reload, final build being my personal fave.

The MN gatherings sound great! Thanks for the info, and I look forward to the next!!!!

EliteDoomMaster

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I was intregued by these gatherings myself, but I suck at most fighting games..other then Tekken 5..and I'm only decent at that....and people seem to hate MVC2....but GGX2 is oh so good...even if I can't really get to into it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I got yer Baiken and to a lesser extent, Johnny competition right here.

I'm thinking about hosting the next one... I was just going through a bit of a funk during the last get together.

So you kids are thinking early June huh. I think i could probably manage that.

Tell you all what. You guys figure out when would be a good date to have the get together and I'll host it.

See ya' there,

Criterionradiohead ;)

aria

Former Moderator
Criterionradiohead said:
Tell you all what. You guys figure out when would be a good date to have the get together and I'll host it.

How 'bout tomorrow? :D

Bobak said:
How 'bout tomorrow? :D

No... tomorrow's bad... and I also have plans on 05/19/2005. Besides that and as long as it's in June and a weekend (JUNE AND A WEEKEND) I think we can set something up.

So... who's up for beer and poker at my place on 05/14/2005??? I want my money back from last saturday you thieving rats!

Criterionradiohead ;)

Guilty Pleasure said:
....when will be the next?

Tell me a bit about them, please.

Also, will there be Guilty Gear Comp?

Is anyone good and who?

Thank you.

Oh yeah... and just out of curiosity... where did you hear about the MN gatherings?

Criterionradiohead ;)

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
Criterionradiohead said:
Oh yeah... and just out of curiosity... where did you hear about the MN gatherings?

Criterionradiohead ;)

Word get's around man. Friend to friend to friend to friend.

I hear you folks get along pretty well (and have soem great food), and that there is some good Guilty Gear comp to be had from one or two of you folks, not to mention some other fighters.

Really though, I could give a fuck about SF3 and weak crap like that. I'm just in for the GG and Maybe some Darkstalkers action. I'm willing to bring stuff if needed.

How about any Samurai Shodown players?

Thanks guys.

aria

Former Moderator
Hmm... Do we want to come up with a theme?

Maybe we can tie it into something completely unrelated... We can call it the Juneteenth Minnesota Mega-Gathering! If we advertise it well we'll get a lot of people who will be pissed all were doing is playing video games :D

[edit: here are pics of an older (not the most recent) Mega-Gathering at Mike's old place]

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Man! Y'all seem to have gatherings a lot. And with lots of people too. I never realized how big the MN crew is.

Also, I know that djdelly usually reads these Minnesota threads, so if you are, Erik, I'd appreaciate a response to my PMs. Thanks.

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
Bobak said:
Hmm... Do we want to come up with a theme?

Maybe we can tie it into something completely unrelated... We can call it the Juneteenth Minnesota Mega-Gathering! If we advertise it well we'll get a lot of people who will be pissed all were doing is playing video games :D

[edit: here are pics of an older (not the most recent) Mega-Gathering at Mike's old place]

Hmm, I like the idea, but I think you are right about people being pissed-off if they assume it's something it isn't.

So, there are some ladies there to eh? Are these cool ladies, or the kind that pretend to play games so they can hang and shit? Still, looks like a fun crowd.

I'll be cool with June if that's what you folks want. Weekend works best.

Last edited:

naitram

The Old Man
Guilty Pleasure said:
So, there are some ladies there to eh? Are these cool ladies, or the kind that pretend to play games so they can hang and shit?

Yes, they just pretend to be gamers so they can drape themselves off our hot bodies and absorb the coolness that is a group of grown men gathering in the basement to play videogames. In fact, just show up naked, it will break the ice that much faster.

:spock:

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
naitram said:
Yes, they just pretend to be gamers so they can drape themselves off our hot bodies and absorb the coolness that is a group of grown men gathering in the basement to play videogames. In fact, just show up naked, it will break the ice that much faster.

:spock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MedicineHorse

Crossed Swords Squire
So Guilty Pleasure do you want to stop by my pad on Saturday? Directions are on the first page of the thread posted above. Anytime after 12 pm till 11 pm.

-M

Guilty Pleasure

Pleasure Goal
MedicineHorse said:
So Guilty Pleasure do you want to stop by my pad on Saturday? Directions are on the first page of the thread posted above. Anytime after 12 pm till 11 pm.

-M

This Sat is no good, but perhaps the following.

Kiel

20 Year Member
MedicineHorse said:

-M

I sure would like to go if I didn't have to work every saturday and sunday. :(

Kiel

20 Year Member
Guilty Pleasure said:
Can someone answer my question about Samurai Shodown palyers?

Thanks.

You already know. :shame: